Poopie Butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimD wrote:
I
I'll be picking up some simethicone on the way home. CVS has it inliquid form by the brand name of "Mylicon". 2cc's are recommended bymost resources. It's also suggested to mix it in with a dose ofPedialyte.

Here's what the Vancouver Rabbit Rescue had: "Go home andsyringe into your bunny 1cc if small and 2cc if medium or large. Ifyour bun allows it, gently massage his stomach (gently!). Wait an hourand offer the treat again. If the bunny still does not eat, repeat thedose. (The simethecone is completely harmless and if the rabbit is notsuffering from gas problems it will do no harm.) Wait 2 hours and thengive some more if she still does not eat.".......After this they recommend a vet visit to examinefor more serious conditions, but I've already been there and she'salready being treated.

I'm wondering how many doses and for how many days I should do the simethicone, though.
i found a dosage calculator..heres the link.. they havesimethicone listed on there it will tell you how much and for how longand lists possibleside effects

Simethiconefor gas that's caught up in the hairball, 2x a day - .03 ml. is what I gave Tucks - my 4 lb. Polish Prince.

Things are definitely looking up! :)

Prayers continue. Should couldn't be in better care than yours and Danielle's.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Simethicone...... 2x a day - .03 ml. is what Igave Tucks - my 4 lb. Polish Prince.

-Carolyn

That's closer to what I was thinking. I had calculated .06 ml twice a day.

The VRRA instructions sounded like a bit too much.... yes.... no? 2 ml.. wait an hour... 2 ml more... wait 2 hours... 2 ml more.

I just gave him the .03 ml in the morning and evening and it worked well for him.

Wouldn't go the .02 wait an hour or 2 hours route and then treatagain. It might not be giving it enough of time to work onher system.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
What's the poop?

-Carolyn
.....what's the poop?....***groan***:disgust:

This picks up from where I last left off....

7/21(Thursday, 12pm).....

In addition to the treatments we have beengiving, S'more has started to eat a little more hay, oats and somepellets.

The quantity and size of her poops has alsoincreased a bit. There is evidence of fur in her poops, hopefullyindicating that her system is starting to pass any possibleblockage.

We started to add fresh pineapple juice to thepedialyte today to help with any furblock and to increase her liquidintake.

We decided to add simeticone to her treatment and she got her first dose this evening.

7/22/05 (Today, 6am)

S’more had pooped and peed during the night.The quantity of poops has increased a bit and they are softer, larger,and lighter in color. There was more evidence of fur beingpassed.

She also passed a cecal this morning. It wasfairly well formed, but was a bit on the soft/stickyside.

When I gave her fresh pellets and some oats sheimmediately got out of her sleepie box and ate some ofboth.

Within a few minutes of eating she made a fewpoops and peed a little.

She appears less bloated.

~Jim

JimD wrote:
S’more had pooped and peedduring the night. The quantity of poops has increased a bit and theyare softer, larger, and lighter in color. There was more evidence offur being passed.

:clap: :yes:

S'more seems to be improving a bit at a time.

Her poops and peeing have remain about the same.

We're still with the whole meds and treatments thing.

She is really starting to fight us though. She becoming a very messystained stickie stinkie bunnie. Pumpkin is starting to stain her fur.The laxatone and Nutri-cal are really messing her up because she willonly take it if we wipe it on her paws. IMO... Nutri-calsmells like doggie-breath.... and probably tastes like it too.

I gotst pumpkin, Laxatone,and Nutri-cal on the ceiling of the bunnie room from her expert flicking maneuver, too.

I was telling Carolyn that S'more has also figured out a way to pushher tongue against the end of the syringe when we put it in her mouthto force pumpkin or pedialyte. She gets real calm and stops fighting.She then lets it collect in her cheek and then .....patooeythppth...outit oozes when we take the syringe out. Gotta love the little turd :D.

I'd be concerned about her intake, but she has actually started to eat and drink a little on her own.

I added some vanilla to her water and she went right for it and drank about an ounce right away.

~Jim

S'more is quite the tricky bun! I am glad tohear she is doing so well! hehe and is that how she got the pumpkin onthe ceiling that Danielle inquired as to how to get it off the ceiling?:p

FreddysMom wrote:
.....is that how she got the pumpkin on theceiling that Danielle inquired as to how to get it off the ceiling?:p
Well...not exactly.

She was syringing some pumpkin into S'more's mouth. Chippy startedthumping and distracted Danielle. Danielle looked away for a moment anddidn't realize that S'more had moved her head. So it was reallyDanielle who did that stain. Those little syringes have pretty goodrange.

I took a different approach. I tried to put the pumpkin on S'more's pawlike you would do with Nutri-cal. Take my advice and do not do this.Doesn't have the same "stick-to-the-paw" quality as Nutri-cal orLaxatone.LOOKOUT!!!FLYING PUMPKIN!!!:shock:

JimD wrote:
IMO... Nutri-cal smells like doggie-breath.... andprobably tastes like it too.
I gave Loke Nutri-cal when he came home from the shelter. Hehated the taste so much that it made him eat the pellets and hay he hadbeen avoiding like the plague.:p It was lick, make a face,eat some pellets, lick, make a face, eat some hay.

Glad to hear she's doing better! She's a spunky, funky (smelling) bunny!

guess which silly rabbit actually likesnutri-cal? fat boy freddy! ...when we first got lil Vicky she was waaayunderweight so she had have nutri-cal and of course she hated it so idhave to smear it on her paws....well fat boy could not be near her b/che would eat it off her paws!! i thought maybe he was helpin her orsomething so i put a lil on my finger to see if he really liked it..hewent bonkers for it! silly rabbit!

[align=center]*********Update*********[/align]
[align=right]7-23-05[/align]
[align=left]S'more ate some pellets, oats, and hay. She also drank somewater. Daddy decided that since I have not been feeling to good thepast 3 or 4 days that today he wouldn't wake me up to give her themeds. He didn't want to do another Bunny 500 in the cage so he wrappedher up in a blanket. He got pretty scratched up, but when she figuredout that he was not letting go, she sat still in the blanket and justlet him give her the meds. She pooped and peed a little bit last night.She just keeps getting better!![/align]

Wonderful news! Just came back fromTucker Town and I got smeared with poo from Fauna, poor dear has apoopy butt! Watched both of the dears get a healthy helpingon Nutrical... boy was Tucker TICKED!

Poopy butts are definitely not a healthy thing, hopefully Fauna's improves too!

Back