Poopie Butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that S'more is finally starting to make a comeback.

Her eating and drinking are only about half of what they are normally,but she doing it on her own. We eased back on forcing fluid and pumpkinover the weekend and she started eating some hay, pellets and someoats. She also started to drink a little from her bottle every now andthen.

She even decided to eat some romaine and a couple of raisins over the weekend, too.

Her poops are almost normal size, but are very light brown (possiblyfrom all the meds we're giving her). And the quantity has increasedquite a bit. She also producing cecals that almost appear normal insize consistancy and color. Urine output has also increased.

That's my gurl!!!

She has started to sleep and lounge in her litter pan. I'm wondering ifshe has developed an aversion to her sleepie box because we had beenadministering her med while she was sitting in it. We stopped givingher meds in her cage because she has starting stuggling so much. Now wejust do a bunnie-burrito and it's a lot easier.

I also noticed that some of the meds have gotten on the inside of hersleepie box, propbably when she was trying to flick stuff off. I thinkI'll just replace it, rather than try to clean it. She can most likelysmell it and associates it with getting the yucky tasting stuff.

She hates pumpkin, but Chippy and Rosie-roo love it, so it won't go to waste.

Sounds like she's heading in the rightdirection!! Good job!! Way to go Jim, Danielle andS'more!!! Hang in there guys!

Greetings All !!

Just an update.

S'more seems to be almost back to normal. She's poopin alomst normal,eating, drinking, and jumping around like crazy trying to get at heroats.

We have a follow-up with the vet tomorrow and I think she will be very pleased with S'mores improvement.

~Jim

Jim : I amso glad S'mores getting betterI have been following this thread like ahawk , havent posted, I waswatching intently tho , It certainly has been arough week for the 3 of you .Please feel Free to PM anytime .

JimD wrote:
Greetings All !!

Just an update.

S'more seems to be almost back to normal. She's poopin alomst normal,eating, drinking, and jumping around like crazy trying to get at heroats.

We have a follow-up with the vet tomorrow and I think she will be very pleased with S'mores improvement.

~Jim

Thank Goodness!

-Carolyn

We just back from the vet, Dr Frezzo said that"S'more it a different bunny from the last time"she saw her!!I am so happy that S'more is getting better. We have the prayer cardthat Helen gave us right above her cage and I feel that Carl had a lotto do with her recovery!!! Thank you everyone for your prayers and goodthoughts!! We got through this together!!! THANK YOU!! :kiss:

I do feel Carl helped too.

Without you and your father, she never would've made it. Pat yourselves on the backs for saving, yet another, rabbit's life.

:highfive: :highfive:

-Carolyn

S'more is doing really well. The vet was verypleased and complimented us on the home care we had given. S'more willstill be on antibiotic for a couple of weeks as a precaution.

Her pooping, peeing, eating, and drinking are alomost normal now. Herdaily diet is limited alfalfa-based pellets (1/3 cup/day), unlimitedtimothy hay, unlimited fresh water, 2 tspn rolled oats, and 1/2 leaf ofromaine. The only med she is on now is the antibiotics.

She's also has become more accustomed to being handled. Last night shewas very content to sit on our laps and be petted. Danielle even gotsome kisses!!

JimD wrote:
She'salso has become more accustomed to being handled. Last night she wasvery content to sit on our laps and be petted. Danielle even got somekisses!!

Surprisingly, these things do tend to bring them closer to us. All those dirty looks and kicks finally paid off.

She trusts you now more than she ever did before.

-Carolyn

This is so De’ja vu !

We've pretty much run in a complete circle and we're back to having poopie butt.

What's with this??

It's definately from her cecals being excessive and kind of soft.

Her poops are back to normal, after her GI problem.

She's eating and drinking normally. Limited pellets (alfalfa-based) ,unlimited timothy hay, fresh water, 2 tspns of oats daily, 1/2 leafromaine daily.

I guess it's time to change to timothy-based pellets and see if that helps.

She's still on antibiotics for the next week or so.

~Jim

Jim D, I'm sorry to hear S'more is still havingtrouble. I know I sound like a broken record, but Oxbow tookcare of all our soft poo problems. You know howmuch you love Woody Pet? That's how much I loveOxbow!

Oxbow.jpg

The new Fuzzy Lop I got for my friend was on Purina and having REALLYexcessive smooshy poos. We've now switched him to my OxbowTimothy pellets and it took care of the problem. The proteinis lower, so I'm assuming that's what helped. His coat is alot nicer now, too.

http://www.theferretstore.comdeliversfor free if you order $35 worth.

Bunny Basics/T

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min) 14.00 %
Crude Fat (min) 1.50 %
Crude Fiber (min) 25.00 %
Crude Fiber (max) 29.00 %
Moisture (max) 10.00 %
Calcium(min) 0.35 %
Calcium (max) 0.85 %
Phosphorus (min) 0.25 %
Salt (min) 0.50 %
Salt (max) 1.00 %
Vitamin A, IU/kg 20,000
Vitamin D, IU/kg 880
Vitamin E, IU/kg 140
Copper, mg/kg 20

I use the hay, too and allmy bunnies LOVE it.

How much protein is in the pellets your giving, Jim?

I can't make out the picture in your new avatar. What is it?

-Carolyn

Corky seemed to have alot more of those icky poos when he was on meds too....dunno if its related, but sure seemed that way!

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Corky seemed to have alot more of those icky poos when hewas on meds too....dunno if its related, but sure seemed thatway!

Absolutely could be related, PGG.

I was also told to give him a lil yogurt acouple times a day to help with the looser stools...would help replacethe bacteria...too had he HATED it...LOL

Back