Pictures of Flemish rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did someone say Flemish?

IM000710.jpg

I'm in Love with Gentle Ben, can I have him PLEASE? LOL

Actually I would take anyone of the cuties I've seen on here.

Soooska:inlove:

I love blacks (obviously) - they're easier tokeep clean and you can spot them easily when they're hiding (unlessthey're outside at night time).

Asking for photos of flemish - particularly Tiny isdangerous. It's like asking a new grandfather if they haveany pictures of the grandbaby.....out comes the wallet with 25 picturesof the baby on the same day...within the same hour.....with probablythe same pose or close to it.

In this case - I have Tiny's photos in different poses.

All pictures are clickable for close-ups....the newest picture is at the top and the oldest is at the bottom...

He's now 7 months old and definitely more than 12 pounds - I'm thinkingcloser to 15 but haven't weighed him recently. He has hit theteenage phase and we're trying to work through some things - like thefact he wants to "Play" with all the adult lionhead does (even thoughhe's neutered) - and he wants to beat the tar out of any intact male -even his former best friends.

He loves to lay under the table - he's wiped out after spending timewatching the young 'uns in our herd. He literally lays in thebunny room when they're out to play and lets them groom him and climbon him. He seems happiest when they are out playing and he'sbeing "abused"..

I was shocked when he was willing to share his food with Oberon thesame day that he met Oberon. But then again - that's Tiny.

I moved the recliner into the rabbitry while the does were expectingtheir babies...I would sleep in there at night in therecliner. Well - Tiny had his own thoughts over who should beenjoying the recliner. I am seriously consideringgetting him a little chair of his own - even if it doesn'trecline. I bought him a mushroom one since he likes mydaughter's - but he doesn't care for it much....it might be too smallfor him I think...

There are times when even the "Bunfather" needs to escape from theyoung uns - so Tiny goes to Ginger's cage. They werepractically bond mates till he decided to "play house"...once she gotready to mate. Once she is neutered - I think we'll try torebond them since they've been together for a couple of months aspractically bondmates!

Tiny really does take his "Bunfathering" responsibilities prettyseriously...as you can see from this photo. He did eventuallydecide he could leave them in their pen and go play on his own...

Tiny was trying to nuzzle with GingerSpice here - when her brotherSugarBear kept trying to butt in and was jealous. So...Tinydecided to use him as a pillow. SugarBear continued to sleep there...

Once again - Tiny with GingerSpice & SugarBear.

When we first started setting up the bunnyroom - there was a place tosit on top of the cages. Puck wanted to see if he could getup there with Tiny...and was so pleased he could. Tinydecided to hold his ground as "top bunny"...but he did share the spot.

Tiny loves to relax outside.

Tiny is first meeting Puck here I think- or it is shortly after Puck came...

Tiny shares his salad with the lionheads - I was in shock.

Oh - how I wish that Tiny & Kyo would be friends again....thisis one of my favorite photos. Tiny is about 6pounds in this picture.

Tiny liked to supervise the cleaning of his cage. I think hewanted the comics here and wasn't pleased. He no longer has acage and is just a house rabbit....

The 'tweebs (Tio & Kyo) had to be separated due tofighting. I think Tiny missed them and wanted to hear bothsides of the story.

This is one of my favorites of Tiny...he was so thrilled torealize he'd found the "treat" bucket (you know - the food you're NOTsupposed to feed the bunnies cause of all athe additives?Well...I'd add about 1 tsp. to their normal supper and they loved it asa treat). Little did he know I really was watching.In this particular picture- he just heard Donald Trump say, "You'reFIRED" as I watched "The Apprentice"....and he got a wee bitnervous. I think he thought Donald Trump had caughthim in the bucket!

If you have any questions about Tiny and what he's like - please feelfree to ask. At times he can be snippish...he'll try to pullmy skirt off if I'm feeding the lionheads before I feed him...or givingthem treats and he wants one. He hates to be held and willfight me on that - largely because he wasn't socialized as ababy. If I was looking for a breeder again and wasn't sodesperate for a flemish - I'd look at different things - like holdingthe flemish before I got it to make sure it was socialized and could beheld.

I love my lionheads - to me - they have the personality (at leastfriendliness) of a flemish - they're very gentle - and if socialized ata young age - they love people...I like to say they're like a flemishwith batteries since they play more and do more binkies, etc.But - you can't beat a flemish if you have room for a largerabbit. It's so funny to see a large bunny sitting at thedoor asking to be let out - or hopping into another room to check outand see what's happening.

The only time you really have to be wary of a flemish - is if you'regiving others treats and you forget the flemmy....trust me...they'lllet you know.

Oh yes -and when I would sleep in the recliner - twice Tiny jumped upin my lap around 4:30-5:30 in the morning. I finally figuredout that the air conditioning would go in and scare him while he wassleeping...so he'd jump in my lap and dig at my clothes.

My only complaint about Tiny is I wish he was more of a cuddler likesome of the other flemmies on this board. But...he's who heis and has his own unique personality....and I wouldn't trade him foranything....even on his worst days.

Peg

attachment.php

As soon as I can break away from watching the young 'uns....maybe wecan arrange a double-date? I think there's other maleflemmies here that might be interested too.

Since I may run away to Jen's for a bit (if she supplies the craisinsand carrots while I'm there) - I'll try to make it here too.

One last thing...does anyone know of a motarized flemish I cansubstitute myself with so mom won't know I'm gone? Or acloning program?

I don't want mom to miss me too much.

TINY aka THE BUNFATHER

I just recently had my first flemish experience.Carolyn's Cali was suuuuuuuuuuuch a sweetheart .. she was just so calmand she was as scary as thought being up close a personal with a bigbun would be! ..omg .. what is it like when they binkie and do bunny500's? it must be hysterical!

Please forgive me... I have to share.I love my Flemish (and I might be slightly biased, but...) I think theyare the best bunny companions to have. This is beauty and herlitter. She is an awesome Momma! We have 38 of themrightnow...including some babies (hard to picture 6lbs. rabbits as babies!)

This is Sampson. He is asandy. He's 5 months old and weight 11 1/2 lbs.He's going to be a big boy. I absolutley adore him.In fact, I may be getting him a girlie. Not to breed, buthopefully to bond. We'll see. This picture is anold one, from a couple of months ago. I promise moretomorrow, I have to clean off a camera card so I can take some.

Sampson says he can't wait for Tiny to make his way North!

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
Sampson says he can't wait for Tiny to make his way North!
I think Tiny would love to make his way North to see all the otherFlemmies. He'd like to take Ginger too (once she's neutered)so they can meet his girlfriend. It still amazes me how aFlemmy and lionhead can bond and be so close...especially since she'sbossy sometimes. He still lays by her cage when she's lockedup and she glares at him since its HIS fault she has to be caged now(for her protection).

Honestly, I think if someone can't have two flemmies - then a flemmie/lionhead pair is awesome!

Peg

LMBO Tiny's such a sweetie.When I went to get Dillon, Fonzie's in love with Amanda's other rabbitCorky. It's very cute.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
LMBO Tiny's such a sweetie. When I wentto get Dillon, Fonzie's in love with Amanda's other rabbitCorky. It's very cute.

Jen

What continually amazes me is how gentle Tiny is with the youngones. I know he doesn't like intact males...and he likesintact females a bit too much now that he's matured a bit...

But the fact that this big bunny goes running to be with the littleones....that he lets them groom him till he almost gets a baldspot...that he lets them climb all over him and lay on top of him...

If the bunnies aren't locked up - and I offer to let him outside- hewill look back at the little ones and try to decide whether or not toleave them to go get some fun....or to stay with them.Sometimes, I have to really encourage him to take the time to go andplay....

I wish he wouldn't fight intact males - and even if he starts to and Isay his name - he'll break from the chase and come to me - or at leaststop in his place.

I think he dislikes the males so much because he feels he needs toprotect the smaller bunnies....because he has such a gentle nature andbreaks off - I think he could learn to leave them alone if I made thetime to work with him - but truth be told..I'm too busy loving oneveryone else.

Peg

I think i've caught the flemish fever afterseeing this post:love:, my new favourite breed was the lion head but ithink flemish goes up there aswell, there feet are so big!! lol.Dajeti2 i loved Apollo in the pram!! lol.:laugh:

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I think i've caught the flemish fever after seeing thispost:love:, my new favourite breed was the lion head but i thinkflemish goes up there aswell, there feet are so big!! lol. Dajeti2 iloved Apollo in the pram!! lol.:laugh:
From my experience - flemish & lionheads have much the sametemperament and personality - except for the fact that lionheads willplay more. Both (if socialized at a young age) love to bewith humans and petted and are pretty laid back. I've seenwhere lionheads are compared to Netherland dwarfs - to which my answeris - NO WAY!

Peg

Latest posts

Back