Pictures of Flemish rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Cali. I noticed last nightshe's just starting to get her dewlap. She's a year old thismonth.

Carolyn,

I LOVE Callie's ears....she's so beautiful.

I never really liked fawn or sandy, etc. till I saw Callie and some ofthe other flemish on this board.....then I had fawn in my litters andI've gotta say - they're pretty! In fact, "Meathead" (whowill probably be renamed something more appropriate) is a fawn...Ithink.

Peg

Wow, what incredibly beautiful buns!How much more does a 19 lbs. rabbit eat/drink? Goodness Ithink my cats would have a heart attack if they saw a rabbit that largecoming at them! They look so cuddily I want to hug them!

TinysMom wrote:
Carolyn,

I LOVE Callie's ears....she's so beautiful.

I never really liked fawn or sandy, etc. till I saw Callie and some ofthe other flemish on this board.....then I had fawn in my litters andI've gotta say - they're pretty! In fact, "Meathead" (whowill probably be renamed something more appropriate) is a fawn...Ithink.

Peg

Thanks Peg. Cali-Girl is a sandy.

PGG: I have to refill her food bowel every day and 1/2. She's getting to be a Beast!

-Carolyn

I want a flemish so bad! After seeing all thepictures and how they're so gentle and sweet, while I can't even holdStanley, it's driving me crazy! I hope I can get a flemish someday. :D

Hi Carolyn, when you say you have to fill the food bowl every day & half is that with pellets or veggies.

Our little guy Buttercup get 1/8 of a cup pellets every day as per thevet. He also gets his veggies twice a day breakfast &dinner. He's so smart he will sit by his bowl waiting for thefood or come to the kitchen door looking at us with those big "RUBY"eyes, he's sooooo cute.

Soooska

Keely has a large bin feeder, if I let it go I'd prolly fill it every couple days....but I tend to top it off every nite.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi Carolyn, when you say you have to fill the food bowlevery day & half is that with pellets or veggies.

Soooska

Hi Soooska,

Cali's food bowl must hold at least 2 cups of food. I onlyfill it with pellets and a sprinkle of Calf Mana until she's full grownas she needs the extra protein it provided.

Flemish grow for 1.5 years, and then after that, they grow very slowlyuntil 3-4 years old. I was advised by a Flemish breeder onthis forum to give her unlimited feed and the Calf Mana until she'fills out'. Expecting that to be another 6 months as she's ayear now.

I give vegetables in moderation.

Stanleysmommy,

It's not always easy to hold a Flemish! :wink:

-Carolyn

TinysMom wrote:
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I thinki've caught the flemish fever after seeing this post:love:, my newfavourite breed was the lion head but i think flemish goes up thereaswell, there feet are so big!! lol. Dajeti2 i loved Apollo in thepram!! lol.:laugh:
From my experience - flemish & lionheads have much the sametemperament and personality - except for the fact that lionheads willplay more. Both (if socialized at a young age) love to bewith humans and petted and are pretty laid back. I've seenwhere lionheads are compared to Netherland dwarfs - to which my answeris - NO WAY!

Peg
Thanks Peg, i will buy at least one of each one day but i'verun out of space with onlymy two! lol. Although ilove my buns to pieces i think they would have been much moreaffectionate if i had bought them younger as they were about 6 monthsold when i got them. I would love a bun that would sit on my knee andgive me kisses! I don't think i could not cuddle a big flemish tho!!!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I think i've caught the flemish fever after seeing thispost:love:, my new favourite breed was the lion head but i thinkflemish goes up there aswell, there feet are so big!! lol. Dajeti2 iloved Apollo in the pram!! lol.:laugh:
Thanks. We take him everywhere with us and he just got way tooheavy to be carrying around lol. He loves his stroller. I was cleaningit the other day and he jumped in it thinking we were goingsomewhere.

Tina

Yeah I am getting her for 40 dollars. My hubbywants the fawn color one. I wanted the white. It is for his birthday.His birthday is not until sept 3rd but hey Jen and both of us are goingout there sometime next week.

I can't even believe I'm going to say this, butwe are about to increase our flemish family, by 2. I'm goingwith Angel when she gets her girl and getting 2 does, a white and afawn. I'm really excited. I haven't told Shawn yet,but he'll just have to agree. LMBO

Jen

Good Luck. I think you should tell him just whenyou are leaving to get them so that way he can not say no. How can henot resist them cute faces. Expecailly Abby's or Dillon's. How did hetake it for both of them.

cirrustwi wrote:
I can't even believe I'm going to say this, but we are aboutto increase our flemish family, by 2. I'm going with Angelwhen she gets her girl and getting 2 does, a white and afawn. I'm really excited. I haven't told Shawn yet,but he'll just have to agree. LMBO

Jen
Woman, your insane! LOL!

Latest posts

Back