Pebbles Pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is anotherpostthat I bumped up so everything on Pebbles will be in this thread. This is back on June 16/2005.............

Back from the Vet from a semi-annual check up. This was the vet who fostered Pebbles after Pebbles was left there to be euthanized by her original owners.
It was a good visit as all the staff had to come out to see Pebbles.They couldn't believe how big she got.
tongue.gif

I'm glad the Doctor showed me how to take a rectal temperature. (Thanks Carolyn,:highfive:that was your suggestion). :dude:

The last visit,the Doctor showed me how to cut Pebble's nails.

Here she is getting her tummy and organs felt, her fur is good and shiny, her nailsare good and trimmed....

IMGA0869.jpg

Listening to her heartbeat, a little fast (just nervous)......

IMGA0870.jpg

Getting her teeth checked....

IMGA0871.jpg

And her ears checked...

IMGA0873.jpg

Weighed 2.1 lbs. Have to cutback on the treats.
rolleyes.gif

Temperature 101* F Normal rangeis 101.4*F to 104* FOne cool bunny
cool.gif

Poops were good......round and lots of fiber.

Pebbles got through it just fine. She peed in her carry boxon the way to the vet, :) peed on the nurse when she got her temperature check, :p and peed in her box again on the way home. :shock: She must be getting lots of water, even though I don't see her drinking much.
dry.gif

She was a little upset when she got home. Must be waiting for her new toy. She ignored me for about a minute:ponder: and then was backlicking me again. :heart: :kiss::heart:

Rainbows! :D

LuvaBun wrote:
Ireally think that these photos should be in a book on rabbit care. Theyare so clear and show how rabbits should be checked over. Plus, theyinclude the perfect rabbit subjectfor the study :D

Jan
I agree with you Jan. These really should be published. And no one can dispute it because it is done by a vet. Great job on the bunny and the photos. I commend your vet for allowing you t take those. Usually they wont allow you to take photos for one reason or another.

Here is a pictorial step by step procedure of Pebbles litter box changes.

I use Woody Pet with a plastic screen. The poops stays on top and the pee drains through. I am able to dump the poops without itmixing in the litter....

IMGA1034.jpg

The plastic screen is lifted out removing the poops.......

IMGA1035.jpg

Poop is dumped in trash can........

IMGA1038.jpg

I scoop out the wetpart without throwing out allof the litter.....

IMGA1039.jpg

The dry unused litter is left in the box......

IMGA1040.jpg

Bottom looks good.....

IMGA1043.jpg

New Woody Pet is added to replace the part taken out.......

IMGA1041.jpg

Using spoon to scrape and mix any wet remains.........

IMGA1042.jpg

Level and replace the screen......

IMGA1044.jpg

Ready to use again ........

IMGA1045.jpg

Pebbles is such a little angel!

Aww, she's such a goody girl in her pictures! Give her a hug for me!

:inlove:

- Katy

Emmy-webby wrote:
Pebbles is such a little angel!
Thanks Katy :angel:

LuvaBun wrote:
now was that astep-by-step guide to cleaning a litter tray or a subtleadvert for Woody Pet?
Woody Pet happens to be the best Jan .... I have other types of litter too. :D

IMGA0748.jpg

SweetPeasDaddy wrote:
Sweet Peasapproval too. LOL
Well,D.J. the motions carried......:highfive:

Pebbles really is one of my favorites bunnies to see here on the boards, Ialmost alwayslaugh out loud at the pics of her. I wish that Miffy had a smidgen of the patience that Pebbles has. I swear that she has human facial expressions in most of the pictures I have seen. And after I saw the screen on the woody pet, I think I might try that with Miffy, maybe that will stop her "dig, dig, dig, "what do you mean I am not supposed to dig inhere?, dig dig dig" every day!

Here is some background history, on how I got into rabbits.

Last year around this time, two different families were going on holidays. They left their bunnies with us tobabysit.
I knew nothing about bunnies at that time, what they ate,or what they did. They leftsome instructions to change litter boxes and some foodfor us to feed them with.
Well, I searched the net and learned how amazing bunnies can be. I found theCheatSheet for Rabbit Careon this forumand that was valuable information forme,a first time bunny owner. The two bunnies were kept in two separate pens I set up in the basement. I did this because,they were mounting each other and I was worried onewould end up pregnant.....they were both girls.:p We had a great time with them, and we were their slaves.One was a Dutch Dwarf named Coco, and the other was a MiniLop called Bebe. I fell in lovewith both of them. Two weeks went by too fast, and we had to return them to their families. It was a hard thing to do.
sad.gif

However I continuedfollowingthis forum.... to lurkas Buck would call it. And it keptme interested in rabbits. Three months later, I adopted Pebbles.

Well, we are caring for one of the bunnies again for 2 weeks ......
Here is Coco,the bunny who got us hooked on rabbits.
laugh.gif

IMGA1952.jpg

IMGA1964.jpg

As you noticed, Cedar shavingswas used for their litter box, which I immediately got rid of and replaced it with WoodyPet.:p She got long nails. I left the nails a little long, so when the owners return I can show them how to cut nails.

I set up the basement pen for Coco to stay during the night, but she is upstairs with Pebbles during the day.

IMGA1984.jpg

You know, I'vealways been fond of you and Pebbles, but I really must say, this photojust put me over the top!

Now, I'm crazy in love with Pebbles and Ijust have to tell everyone!

Oh, and just so you know, I have nowsaved this photo to MY computer, AND moved her name to the top spot onmy bunny nappinglist!

Raspberry

IMGA1726.jpg

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Looks like Coco outta have a good time while visiting!!!!
Coco's having a great time. She'sa shy and timid bunny but she always comes up to me to greet me.She loves being petted and you can tell how she flops, she is happy. Her hair is alot softer and shinier when we first got her.:bunnydance: She eats lots and leaves poops all over the place. :p

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I have now saved this photo to MY computer, AND moved her name to the top spot on my bunny nappinglist!
What a great compliment Raspberry, with all of your great pictures, you want to save Pebbles picture?:embarrassed:

And for allyou Bunnynappers..... Pebbles can fend off for herself....She's never leaving me. :scared:

My Pepper is a Netherland dwarf and he is 2 -1/2years old.Maybe Pepper and your Pepples could be a couple.Hear is a picture of my Pepper.

Latest posts

Back