Pebbles Pictures 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jordiwes wrote:
You might want to see what the vet says about spaying her (they might have to do a blood panel). If they say yes, I say go for it.
I agree with you, but I had every vet tell me not to spay Reese, but I had set my mind on it, ordered blood work, and when it came back clean I got my vet to spay her. She was 4.5 years at the time. Ialso see no reason why an older doe shouldn't be spayed as long as blood work is done first. I guess it does depend on the vet though, my spay/neuter vet was the only vet that didn't say not to spay her. He told me she would be fine, but because of her age she might have to stay overnight but that was the only difference.

Sugar is about 4 years old and I had her spayed 6 weeks ago. The first time I tried spaying she stopped breathing, but the vet was very confident that with an adjustment to the medication he could do it without a problem, and he did!

Do the blood work, if it comes back clean then get the spay done.

--Dawn

myLoki wrote:
This is Loki. He's my Holland Lop and looks exactly like your girl Bebe. He's a black tort and weighs 3.4 lbs.
They are similar.So I'm glad to have a twin on the forum.

4yov784.jpg

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
she looks like a Holland Lop to me. She is definitely overweight but a lot of brood does are large.
The more I look, the more I see an overweight Holland Lop. No more Cheerios.
A brood doe is nice, as Bebe is so gentle, and mild.She is so easy to handle as she made herself home already. I cut her long, pointy nails while she laid tranced on my lap with no problems.

4zas5g4.jpg

4l92b1k.jpg

Zoey is a purebred, I know that for sure and being probably at an ideal weight, she still weighs 4.75 lbs. ;)For all you know, her large size was why she went as a pet.

:ponder:Is there a reason you waited until after I left with my bunnies to bring her home... because I would have left with 3! Okay, I should be glad your wife let Reese go, and that you let Spice go!

So you had PB watch Spice and Reese for you for awhile? That's great!

PB - She definitely looks like a Holland lop to me. She's very cute! I just love her!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
So you had PB watch Spice and Reese for you for awhile? That's great!
I went away at the start of August for a vacation, I dropped them off the 3rd and picked them up the 12th. So Stan got asample of my quartet, lol.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=26717&forum_id=6

I love having fellow bunny lovers in the area! Best of all, since I had wireless internet, I could check on how Spice and Reese were doing still.

How's Pebbles & Bebe doing? Have you put then together yet?

[align=center]PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES[/align]

[align=center]Susan[/align]

SOOOSKA wrote:
How's Pebbles & Bebe doing? Have you put then together yet?
Pebbles hasn't sneezed since Sunday (Aug. 26), but she will still take her medicine for another 4 - 5 days. Then I will take her back to the vet for a re-check. At that time I will discuss the possibility of having Bebe spayed. In a brief phone call, the doctor charges $170.00 for the operation.
If blood work is done, another $54.00 for that.

4qq8n7q.jpg

5y2i7o2.jpg

I still keep Pebbles and Bebe separated. They have their own cage, and different run times. They see each other, but there is no physical contact.
The only contact is the things that get chinned by the two. :p

4ubkkdf.jpg

4ulrz7p.jpg

Bebe always runs to me, when she sees me, and always wants to be around me. She would even lay by my foot when I sit there to watch her.
I am glad I got a mature bunny, because she is so easy to handle, and she loves me to hold and cuddle her.

4ub5a2e.jpg

5x8jg43.jpg

Back