Oliver!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
I don't really know how to start this or what I am going to write but it looks fun to have one so I thought I would try it out.

So first off my name is Paige and I am 17.
558455_448930365129932_213686045_n.jpg

Thats me. ^

I got my first bun back in September when I was at a rabbit show with my boyfriend. Oliver is a Mini Rex and the day I met him and took him home he was about 6 months old. I remember I was standing with my boyfriend looking at the hundreds of bunnies and we walked over to someone that he knew personally. They were taking out the buns and brushing them and getting them ready for showing. I noticed that one bun was still in its cage all alone and they weren't taking him out so I asked why. They told me he had a split penis and he couldn't be shown so he was just a pet but they didn't really have time to play or have him out as much as he should be. They asked me if I wanted to hold him and I immediately said yes. I was holding him and he managed to scratch me so they cut his nails for me then gave him back. I was holding him and he had his head nuzzled up under my chin cuddling with me. I fell in love. I decided I wasn't going home without this bunny. I looked at the people who he belonged to and smiled and then they asked me if I wanted to take him home. I had my boyfriend take my phone out of my pocket and take a picture of me and him. I sent it to my dad with a text that said "Can I pleaseeeeeeeeee have him he is so cute and I fell in love already." Of course my dad replied yes, just need a cage to have him in. My boyfriends dad bought me a temporary wire bottomed cage for him which he stayed in for a while but my dad ended up buying him a bigger cage. So that night I brought home my first bunny.

Oliver and me the first night he came home. He wasn't to sure about everything then.
292035_270205886335715_1889658134_n.jpg

Oliver in his cage the first night he was home. :)
321230_269957016360602_891636773_n.jpg

So recently he had gotten into the habbit of humping me and everyone that walked past him. It was kind of annoying. Then he started biting me and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I made an appointment and got him neutered. He is fine now and finally stopped the humping. Now he is just being a cuddly little thing. :) He is my baby and I wouldn't trade him for anything. I never ever want to lose him. He is a complete bratty sweetheart! Here is a few more pictures of him in general since I don't know what else to write right now. Lol.

He was so little, lol.
308559_275244002498570_1151860576_n.jpg

Still so little. :3
397808_335832983106338_1718306678_n.jpg

When we got his new cage, which he only is in at night.
523048_403066549716314_54049970_n.jpg

He recently learned how to jump up on my bed. My love. <3
418532_448268765196092_1589676859_n.jpg

He's sexy and he knows it. ;)
553514_449229075100061_967972183_n.jpg

After getting home from my vacation Oliver was completely restless because he didn't get out much when I was away. Now he has been out for the past 5 hours and he is finally settling down and taking naps on the floor. :) I love his silly butt. Some new pictures I just took of him running around being himself. <3

34yo84i.jpg

No. I am not destroying your sunglasses! /hides evidence with body.

2rwsv0g.jpg

Now being all cute and sleepy like to show that he is sorry for chewing my sunglasses and making marks in them lol.

290pwzd.jpg

Oliver wondering if he should wander under the bed or not..

2m2fino.jpg

The drawer on my dresser broke so he decided it would be a nice place to hide. x)

wtyq36.jpg

Hi mom!

Oliver is such a little brat. :) I made him a NIC cage and he loves it. No more loud annoying noises at night he is content with the bigger space. I let him out when I am home from school to run around my room for 2-4 hours. He loves it. He has recently been starting the dead bunny flop, lol. I knew about it but it still scared me at first! I can walk up to him and pet him without him running away or getting scared. He loves to be pet between his ears, it puts him to sleep. :)

zmguvb.jpg

Oliver in his cage. See the black wire stuff? He kept putting his head through the bigger holes on the top of the cage so he got that. But he chewed through it and my clothes basket was next to it and he decided to take my pants and pull them into the cage along with part of one of my tshirts. Oh sigh.

16ixr8h.jpg

I love my bun. :)

Aww great cage for Oliver and he is just as adorable as daisy. :)

I didn't know you were 17! Or maybe I did but I forgot. Makes me feel old.

I will watch for more Oliver updates!

Ugh, same age and year as you, isn't it so hard to spoil them? I have a job at a grocery store, but I still make minimum wage and I have only been getting 5-10 hours a week lately. Makes it hard. :(

Lazy day for Oliver and me, I'm sick and he has been doing the dead bunny flop on and off allll day. He is too cute.. He's laying right now on his fleece blanket with his head laying on the ground but everytime he hears something outside my bed room he gets all perked up but then slowly falls back asleep. :) I love watching his eyes slowly close and his head slowly fall back down to the ground. Gosh looking at his little face makes me fall in love with him all over again.. <3

250203_461870453835923_494199236_n.jpg

Didn't want to scare him so I took a picture from my bed. :) <3 He is soo chubby..

422833_461882230501412_1417616017_n.jpg

Just chilling. :)

I'm sick too, but I don't get a lazy day. :expressionless I get school, work, homework, a bit of internet, and maybe some sleep if I'm lucky.

On a more positive note, OH MY GOODNESS WAY TOO CUTE. You know, Teddy's thinking about a boyfriend, maybe he can come live with us. :)

I don't know how you refrain yourself from not squeezing the living daylights out of him when his chubby tummy is exposed!! :biggrin2:

Good for you guys for saving your money and paying for your cages by yourself!

Not really sure how you have any money left over for yourself because your bun looks spoiled!! ;)

@Ashtin; I was all ready to go to school, showered, dressed, all that but I was laying in my bed half passed out when my mom came in to tell me she was home so I could take the car and she looked at me and said "Just go back to bed." :p

@Carrie; A lot of the things I have was actually stuff around the house... I mean I bought his toys, blanket, dishes, the thing to make the cage, the zip ties.. But my dad had the board I used for his shelf, the plastic like stuff I put under his blanket so it wouldn't soak through if anything got spilled, the wire for the roof over his shelf. He ended up buying a new wire to put around the bigger holes because he was sticking his head out. My boyfriend also ended up buying me a metal lasagna pan as a litter box. But I usually use my money on him when I have it. :)

More pictures from yesterday lol.

271151_461911097165192_780986714_n.jpg

Should I stay up....?

576955_461914403831528_1696298871_n.jpg

No. :)

I love love love my bunny even if he is a huge brat. He has a part of my carpet chewed off, about a foot by half a foot of carpeting behind my dresser.. He is a chewer and it is annoying but I love him. I went to pet him today and instead of doing his usual run away routine he laid his head on the ground and waited to be pet. :) <3

Oh no! When Teddy was still in her store-bought cage she learned how to open it, even when it was double-latched, I have NO IDEA how it was even possible without opposable thumbs. Luckily, she didn't get into too much trouble. :) She's free-run now, though.

I used bread bag ties to keep it shut last night. He has free run all day but I'm afraid to keep him and my dog out together. I just introduced the two and they don't bother eachother. They sniff and eh. Im not trusting enough to leave Oliver out at night with my dog yet..

Yeah, my dogs aren't allowed in my bedroom with Teddy. I don't think they'd hurt her but she's scared of them so I figure it's best to just keep them separate.

Latest posts

Back