Ohio 3 bunnies need a home: RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Ali, you must be so excited right now.

I know how you are feeling, I couldn't wait to see my little Winston & Vega. Gosh I was standing outside with Crystal when Haley pulled up. Then reality hit, my Little Winston doesn't like to be held. LOL But that's ok he's my little Baby now and Vega loves to be held.

Apple is such a luck little girl to be going to live with you. Are tou going to try to bond her with Ringo? That would be one very cute couple.

Safe journey everyone.

I look forward to pictures.

Susan:)

I am sooo excited! Hopefully Alicia will give me a call when she is on her way back home :biggrin2:!

I am already making something really adorable for Apple to send out with Alicia's package :D.

Oh I remember going to pick up Zeus and the excitement and the agonizing wait. Poor Ali....I bet she's excited.. and nervous...and dying for the time to HOLD her baby...

SugarGlider, I'm sorry for your loss here - but Apple couldn't be going to a better bunny mama....and I know you'll get to see tons of pictures.

Someone let us know when Ali has Apple!!

Apple is well on her way in part three of her journey :)

Thank you everyone, I appreciate all of the support, good thought, everything. My heart is broken, but knowing Apple will be in a safe place makes it hurt a little less.

Apple is with her new Mama!!!!!!! Just got back home from taking Apple, who is too cute, to Alicia. I have pics that i have to upload for you all to see. Apple was just so chill she layed down and slept most of the time, and when we got to the meet up point and was waiting for Alicia me and the kids sat in the back and j ust talked to her and petted her. She kept looking at the kids and turning to look at each of us it was to cute. pics soon

I just spoke with Alicia and theyre on their way home! Apple sounds like she's travelling well. They should be home in about 3 hours or so. Alicia said she'll update when she gets home.

Thank you all so much for all your help. You are all truly amazing people and its such an inspiration seeing how much we can do together.

I've just read this whole thread, I hadn't seen it before. It's had me in tears.

Robin, I'm so sorry for all that you're going through, I can't imagine it, let alone having to rehome your bunnies as well. You are in my thoughts, and I really hope things work out for you...

I can't believe how awesome RO is! I wish I lived over there so I could help out in these situations, I just can't believe how kind and caring everybody is, and how willing you all are to help out! It's great :hug:

Also, I'm happy that Apple is going to a great home, where she will be so loved and looked after.

I can't wait to see pics and hear about how she's doing with Alicia! :)

Jen xx

Here we are on our way to get Apple.

HPIM2812.jpg

We have to go through the mountain, the highlight of the kids day,lol
HPIM2813.jpg

Grace (pumpkinandwhiskersmom) and Apple, my first meeting with them. I was shocked when first seeing Apple because I have NEVER met IRL a rabbit with head tilt, what a cutie she was though. Loves to be petted, she would just close her eyes when petting her.

HPIM2814.jpg

Apple in our van waiting for us to hit the road.

HPIM2816.jpg

Me and Grace, unfortunately i really look like that,lol.

HPIM2819.jpg

Alicia seeing Apple for the first time. We were wondering if she too would be wearing yellow, I swear Grace and I didnt co ordinate wardrobes,lol.
HPIM2820.jpg

Alicia and I before she left to take Apple home.

HPIM2821.jpg

Ok I tried editing these so they arent so big and it is not working i dont know what i am doing. The pics arent that big in my blog soi dont know if it is me or what.

Ok i just checked now some of the pics are small so it did work and it wasnt me, woo hoo for me not being computer illeterate,lol. i will now try the rest.

Aww Fran, thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures! Im getting all teary eyed- you all are such beautiful people, inside and out. And Apple is such a beautiful girl.

They should be getting home soon, I bet Apple will be so happy to stretch out her legs after her long (wow..12 hour) journey!

Hi Everyone,

I'm finally home, and my DH has gotten the pics uploaded. I sure hope this works!

100_0682.jpg

Here's Apple and Robin.

100_0685.jpg

And this is Fran and Vince!

The trip went really well....Apple slept much of the way through our part of PA. It was so cool to meet everyone. Wouldn't an RO reunion be excellent....would have to be regional, but totally cool.

Here goes....

Aww thanks for sharing, Grace. That one of Apple saying goodbye to Robin is just precious.

And I forgot- Fran you are expecting arent you?!

Grace and her family were amazing!! Gracebought me flowers. We managed to not cry till we walked away.

Apple was with us pretty much from birth, she only visited mama once a day to eat. I didn't know how she'd do with strangers but it seems she's just a people bunny, and I'm glad. That will help her settle in so much easier. This all went so much easier than I ever inagined (thank you Haley!!). She did so well, but I knew she was a trooper.

Thanks to all of you who went out of your way to help today, and your families :)

This probably isn't totally appropriate but I'm gonna say it anyway. I know this thread is about a rescue/adoption and not as much about a head tilt bunny.

But seeing Apple here - reminds me - and should remind all of us - that wry neck bunnies *can* be more resilient than we know and they can have good lives. I know that Apple has wry neck from an injury and not an infection/illness - but she still has lots of love to give and a full life ahead of her.

I say this because I've had several rabbits come down with head tilt and yet go on to live - sometimes with tilt - sometimes without tilt.

I'm basically putting this in here in case we get questions in the future about head tilt bunnies and traveling with them - so that the search engine will pull up this thread..

Apple is really amazing....and such a loving bunny. She loved to have her head patted, and was just a darling all the way around. Head tilt doesn't seem to slow her down or keep her from being adorable, either. Good point, TinysMom!

Did you guys get to see her turn her head completely upside down to drink? I always go :shock:when I see that!

She doesn't know any different, she's always been like that. She is indeed an amazing bunny :)

I can't wait to see pictures of her in her new home :biggrin2:

GREAT pictures and what a happy story! I am so jealous...I would love to meet all of you!

I am so happy Apple is safely home, finally :biggrin2:!

She is home and we are all happy to be here. Mind ya I walk in the bedroom and Elvis had escaped and was sitting on bed.

I am so in love already. I had the best feeling about it all but was alittle nervous. First look at her and she stole my heart. Rob held her and said to her"I said no more bunnies and than I saw you an said yes. Now you are going to make me love you aren't you." Truth is he loves already. We are trully blessed in having her.

Drive home...

100_9748.jpg

100_9749.jpg

100_9750.jpg

100_9762.jpg

Home! Dont mind my hair I was driving 5hrs today.

100_9808.jpg

100_9809.jpg

100_9810.jpg

100_9811.jpg

100_9812.jpg

100_9813.jpg

100_9814.jpg

100_9816.jpg

Oh and I am uploading a video.

Latest posts

Back