Ohio 3 bunnies need a home: RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be emotional today because Im sitting here crying like a baby. She is such a special little girl. She seems so sweet and so trusting. I bet a lot of that is because Robin and her family spent so much time with her when she was a baby. Shes just such a beautiful girl and seems so full of life despite her handicap (and yes, that does remind me of somebun else).

You and Rob are such awesome people. I know this is a very difficult time for Robin, but if Apple had to go somewhere, its fate that she would end up with you two. This just couldnt have worked out more perfectly for little Apple. She will be so loved in your home.

Again, thank you to everyone for helping make this possible. Apple is a very lucky little bunny.

Next up . . helping Alicia pay for Apple's spay once shes settled in and her awesome vet gives her the ok...and also helping Robin get Livingston to Michigan :)

I think shes happy.

100_9818.jpg

100_9817.jpg

Thanks for posting those, I know it's been a very long day for you guys!!

If you have any questions (like "hey she did this, is that normal?") please feel free to ask me :)

SugarGlider wrote:
Thanks for posting those, I know it's been a very long day for you guys!!

If you have any questions (like "hey she did this, is that normal?") please feel free to ask me :)
I will. So far she has eaten, guzzled water, pooped and peed.

Haley wrote:
Next up . . helping Alicia pay for Apple's spay once shes settled in and her awesome vet gives her the ok (any donations are welcome!)...and also helping Robin get Livingston to Michigan :)

I'm up for both, both a donation for spay and for transporting Livingston if needed. My schedule is clear except for July 14 through July 18th. I got a jury duty notice forthat week. I guess I have to call the Friday before to see if I am needed. Maybe they will send me away... The only other event I have scheduled for is the 4th weekend in August (Sacred Cat of Burma Show).Almost forgot, next Friday, June 27th, I help serve dinner at Salvation Army In Medina. If needed, I can always cancel or send my husband in my place. Let me know ifand when I am needed. I could do a leg from Medina to that little town where we exchanged Sherman or something.

Huge hugs to all who planned and participated. Apple is such a gorgeous girl, I wish she were mine.

This brought tears to my eye's.....what a journey for such a special little girl.

The picture's are just lovely.....and yep i'm sure Apple is a veryhappy little girl,she look's so content in her new home.

You are all just wonderful!!

Cheryl

I just saw the last 2 pages of this thread and it all brought tears to my eyes - thanks so much for taking and uploading the pics.

Robin, I hope things get better for you, and feel for you, having all of this going on + needing to give up Apple. She's a beautiful girl and looks like she's going to do great with Alicia.

I don't know what else to say, except to thank everyone here for caring so much, for the buns *and* the people involved.

Peg there is never a time to not plug this. Honestly I have two now. Both have head-tilt for different reasons but both our fighters.I have had Apple less than 24hours butI already see in her the strengthand sweet lovingnature I see in Ringo. I am trully blessed to have them.

TinysMom wrote:
This probably isn't totally appropriate but I'm gonna say it anyway. I know this thread is about a rescue/adoption and not as much about a head tilt bunny.

But seeing Apple here - reminds me - and should remind all of us - that wry neck bunnies *can* be more resilient than we know and they can have good lives. I know that Apple has wry neck from an injury and not an infection/illness - but she still has lots of love to give and a full life ahead of her.

I say this because I've had several rabbits come down with head tilt and yet go on to live - sometimes with tilt - sometimes without tilt.

I'm basically putting this in here in case we get questions in the future about head tilt bunnies and traveling with them - so that the search engine will pull up this thread..

Great point Peg, Someone who doesnt know anything about might have thought that a rabbit couldnt p ossibly have a good life with this but it is far from the truth. In the short time that i spent with Apple I saw her groom her face, eat her ceacel, clean herself, eat pellets, look around at my kids to see what they were doing, and drink water, she acted like nothing was the matter with her. She loved to be petted and looked like she was just metling when petting her, she truly is a fighter and as much as a "normal" rabbit as she knows.

Haley yes i am pregnant, and by the time i got half way to the first stop i had to pee so bad, by the time we got to McDonalds i was running in with my 4 year old to get to the restroom,lol!!!!

I figured out photobucket, when you change the pic size to web site you have to APPLY the changes,lol, i swear it is amazing somedays that i get through the day with out hurting myself,lol. What i was doing was saving over the old pic before saving the changes i made which means that i was only resaving the same pic in the same size,lol.

Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one crying her eyes out over this thread today. Just an awesome group of people here at RO. I'm so glad to be a part of the group!

I feel so warm and fuzzy reading this thread. Lovely photos from everyone - great that some of you got to meet each other :)

Apple certainly seems to have made herself at home. What an amazing girl to have coped with the journey so well.

Robin, I know you will miss her and Livingstone a lot, but at least you can watch how Apple gets on. I hope Livingstone's journey goes as well as this.

Jan

Aww Fran, I had forgot you were pregnant, bless you for driving all that way.

Ann, thank you so much for offering to help drive Livingston. Im sure Robin would love not to have to do another 4 hr round trip if she could help it. Once she and I chat about Liv's transport I'll let you know how things are looking. Youre awesome!

Thanks again everyone for your kindness. Apple is such a lucky girl to have so many wonderful RO friends willing to help her.

Again thanks everyone for all the support and help we have recieved. We are beyond happy with our latest addition. She has stolen our hearts and already making herself part of our home.

From now on I will be posting her pictures in my blog. :)

Hey Alicia, can you PM me your mailing information? I got a new Elvis fabric - aqua with black and white pic's of Elvis. The theme is Elvis in the 1950's. I finally figured out how to make a really neat round bed with sides. I think at least one of your bunnies needs this. It may take a couple of weeks (other stuff to sew first)but when I am done, will mail it to you.

Ann

P.S. Haley, you are the awesome one!

Back