Ohio 3 bunnies need a home: RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Is that a coincidence or a sign? I vote for sign. I know how much she loves her other bunnies and that means she'll love Apple as well - no doubt about that. I couldn't even imagine Apple going to a better home.

I'm so happy that these bunnies have found wonderful homes. And I'm also happy to hear Scooter may get to stay in her home. How great!

I was gushing about my new girl at work today. :biggrin2:

JadeIcing wrote:
*raises hand* Apple. :D
Wonderful news! Hey, I even have some really cool new Elvis fabric to make a bed for her - aqua with different Elvis pic's from the '50's. I live west of Sugarglider so can't help with a transport to CT. I would be glad to make a contribution to someone in PA or along way for gas.

Woo hoo I am excited and hoping to help out in the transport, i pm Haley where my location is and a bridge i can get too so if the train comes this way i might get to meet someone from RO too, another added bonus. If I transport i would love some suggestions on keeping that cutie as stress free as possible, any hints would be appreciated. Again cant wait to hear if i can transport, either way i cant wait to hear when she gets settled.

Im working my butt off! I'll let you guys know if I make any headway- help is needed near Pittsburgh and Philly so hopefully when more people see the PM they can jump in to help. Ive also emailed some friends at Bunderground :)

Oh my you guys are awesome. I can't wait to hold her. Well sit on the floor with her.

It looks like the best possible route would be along I80 through PA but theres not really a lot of major cities along that route. This is kind of what Im thinking so we'd go through/near more major cities and hopefully find some more help.

POSSIBLE TRANSPORT FOR APPLE:

Edinburg, OH- Pittsburgh, PA (1 hr 40 mins)- filled by Robin??

Pittsburgh, PA to Bedford, PA (1 hr 52 mins)-

Bedford, PA to Harrisburg, PA (1 hr 48 mins)-

Harrisburg, PA to Allentown, PA (1 hr 36 mins)- filled by Fran?

Allentown, PA to Morristown or Newark, NJ (1 hr 16 mins)- filled by Megan (bunderground)

Morristown or Newark, NJ to Rocky Hill, CT (2 hrs 36 mins)- filled by Alicia

Alicia, I emailed Cathy to see if theres someplace closer to Long Island but do you think you could hit up some place like Newark on your way home from her place if I can get the bun there?

Its so difficult trying to plan when Im not familiar with the area so anyone in the area feel free to jump in and make suggestions!

Honestly we discussed it. She is the most important thing. If we have to change our plan we will. So if she can get closer than good. If we have to somewhat reroute fine. My friend is an ten minutes or so from Philadelphia. Soooo does that help.

Haley wrote:
It looks like the best possible route would be along I80 through PA but theres not really a lot of major cities along that route. This is kind of what Im thinking so we'd go through/near more major cities and hopefully find some more help.

POSSIBLE TRANSPORT FOR APPLE:

Edinburg, OH- Pittsburgh, PA (1 hr 40 mins)- filled by Robin??

Pittsburgh, PA to Bedford, PA (1 hr 52 mins)-

Bedford, PA to Harrisburg, PA (1 hr 48 mins)-

Harrisburg, PA to Allentown, PA (1 hr 36 mins)- filled by Fran?

Allentown, PA to Morristown or Newark, NJ (1 hr 16 mins)-

Morristown or Newark, NJ to Rocky Hill, CT (2 hrs 36 mins)- filled by Alicia

Alicia, I emailed Cathy to see if theres someplace closer to Long Island but do you think you could hit up some place like Newark on your way home from her place if I can get the bun there?

Its so difficult trying to plan when Im not familiar with the area so anyone in the area feel free to jump in and make suggestions!

Looking at a map we could meet someone in Allenstown or Philly.

ETA: I guess this would be if we could do it Sunday, if not we would have to try for another day.

Heres another option which is a much shorter route but longer driving times since its a greater distance between major cities. I might be able to see about getting donations to help people with gas:

Edinburg, OH to Dubois, PA (2 hrs): Robin (sugarglider)?

Dubois, PA to Milton, PA (2 hrs): ?????

Milton, PA to Allentown, PA (2 hrs): Fran (luvmyzoocrew)?

If Alicia picked her up in Allentown :)

I'm refreshing every 2seconds! An trying to pack. I need to get somethings together for her! OMG!

:panic:<--- Me

:panic:<---- Rob

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:<---- Ringo, Elvis, and Wyatt

You could try cross posting to LL to see if anyone is available. I think our only PA memeber (Williamsport in east PA) moved to Georgia. I believe a member named SweetBunnyKisses is from PA but I think she is a teen. Not sure if she drives but does travel for some rabbit shows. The 2nd route may be better because it avoids all the metro-city traffic and mess.

I can't wait until Alicia gets Apple. I am sooooo darn excited, I feel like I am getting a new bunny!

I also said I would totally be willing to help out with a spay and anything else she needed, as I offered to help Alicia in the past with such things.

:biggrin2:

undergunfire wrote:
I can't wait until Alicia gets Apple. I am sooooo darn excited, I feel like I am getting a new bunny!

I also said I would totally be willing to help out with a spay and anything else she needed, as I offered to help Alicia in the past with such things.

:biggrin2:

For now I have to get grids, water bottle. That(waterbottle) is what she is used too. :biggrin2:Oh and more zip-ties....

The vet appt and spay will be once she is settled.

Of course!

I can't wait to see her set-up. I would imagine it would be much like Ringo's, long...like you said?

Gosh, I am totally excited. I want another bunny :grumpy:, lol.

undergunfire wrote:
Of course!

I can't wait to see her set-up. I would imagine it would be much like Ringo's, long...like you said?

Gosh, I am totally excited. I want another bunny :grumpy:, lol.
Yup like Ringo's than I will adjust it to her needs.

OMG this might actually work out with this route:

Edinburg, OH to Dubois, PA (2 hrs): Robin (sugarglider)?

Dubois, PA to Milton, PA (2 hrs): Grace (pumpkinandwhiskersmom) *confirmed for Sunday*

Milton, PA to Quakertown, PA (2 hrs): Fran (luvmyzoocrew)?

I have to confirm with Robin and Franthat they can do a long 2 hour drive and that Sunday works,Gracelives smack dab in the middle of I80 and she said she can drive an hour west to meet Robin and an hour east to meet Fran. Then Fran could take her back to her place near Allentown (she lives in Quakertown)and Alicia could meet her there!

Lets all keep our fingers and paws crossed this will work. I know things are tight for everyone and gas is expensive so if we pull this off it will be a miracle :)

:shock:

Haley wrote:
OMG this might actually work out with the second route I posted!

I have to confirm with Robin and Fran (luvmyzoocrew)that they can do a long 2 hour drive and that Sunday works, but pumpkinandwhiskersmom lives smack dab in the middle of I80 and she said she can drive an hour west to meet Robin and an hour east to meet Fran. Then Fran could take her back to her place near Allentown and Alicia could meet her there!

Lets all keep our fingers and paws crossed this will work. I know things are tight for everyone and gas is expensive so if we pull this off it will be a miracle :)

Off to bed. Haley call me if anything. I work 8am-5pm. Call leave me a message if anything. I will answer if I can. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back