Ohio 3 bunnies need a home: RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarGlider

Reaction score
I need to prepare to leave my husband. I'm so heartbroken I cannot even describe it but he's cheated on me one too many times. We have 44 animals and I absolutely cannot afford to care for them, and my kids, and myself... without my husband.

Livingston is a male fawn flemish giant. He's neutered and about 13.5 pounds. He's had some heath issues, there are threads here about them... just look up his name.

Scooter is a female tort dutch. She's an older bunny but healthy as far as I know.

Apple is also a female tort dutch, Scooters daughter. Apple has a permanent head tilt from being stepped on at 1 week old. She runs in circles and needs lots of out of cage time so she can move in bigger circles because otherwise she drags a back leg.

thanks

Oh Robin, Im so sorry to hear this awful news. Ive thought about you a lot and wondered how you were all doing. Im so sorry to hear things have been so difficult. Is there any chance you can keep any of them? Or do you need to rehome all three?

If you have a sec, can you tell people a bit about their personalities? That might help us see if they will "fit" with any of our members.

I looked up your old pics so people could get an idea of the bunnies you need to rehome.

First, Livingston, the Fawn colored Flemmish Giant:

DSC01513.jpg

TimLivvieFive.jpg

Scooter:

DSC01254.jpg

Apple:

AppleF27.jpg

Are they all spayed/neutered, Robin?

They are all gorgeous. Have you tried contacting Kristi or Kristen (phone #'s here) http://ohare.org/contact.htm#top

Please do call and see if they are able to help.Kristi is in NorthCanton and Kristen is right by Geauga Lake. usually you have to leave a message and they get back to you.

I will check with thoseI trust with animals and see if anyone can take 1 or more. I know your heart is breaking and I am sorry.Please keep us posted on any contacts you make with HRS.

A question about all 3, can they be on concrete floor or do they need special surfaces?

Ann

Livingston is neutered, bothe females are intact. Livingston is/was a hermaphedite bunny, he had a female sex organs attached to his testicles, which was discovered when he was neutered.

Livingston: He doesnt like to be picked up. He will bite if he can if you pick him up so you have to hold him facing away from you extended out a bit. If he's loose he will follow you around wanting his head scratched, he loves having his head scratched. He's not mean, he's a very sweet boy he just really hates being picked up.

He has a 48 inch cage but we have a room we normally leave him loose in. He will use the cats litter box but he doesn't always use it. He's fine with the cats, he doesn't chase the other bunnies if they are out with him. He's very laid back.

I can't find his paperwork but if I can remember right he's around 2 and a half.

Apple: Apple is a nervous bunny. She can see out of both eyes but since one points at the ground most of the time she seems to get scared easily. We've never tried to litter box train her. She doesnt have great balance. She can't go in a strait line much, but when shes getting a lot of out of cage time she gets better about going in bigger and bigger circles and also a bit of strait. When she's in the cage her circles are so small that she drags her inside leg. So again lots of out of cage time is important so she doesnt lose her muscle tone in that leg from not using it.

Apple is not mean at all... you just have to move slow and make sure she see's you. She's going to be the hardest to say goodbye to. She was born here and I pretty much hand raised the babies. They were with me except for once a day when mama fed them.

She's been seen by our vet several times and there isn't anything that can be done for her head tilt. It's a miricle she's even alive.

Scooter: Scooter is a dominant bunny. She will try to hump the other two, which is really funny when she climbs up on top of Livinston! She probably wouldn't be good with other bunnies, unfortunately. She likes to cuddle but if she starts licking she does nip once in a while. She's healthy and curious and friendly. Scotters birthday is April 10th 2004, so she's a little over 4 years old.

Scooter is in a much-to-small cage. She gets out of cage time from it but she will definately need to go to a home with a cage already or willing to get one.

Scooter is my daughters bunny and if I was able to keep one of them it would be her. My daughter will be devistated. She takes very good care of scooter. But I'm just not sure how realistic the idea of keeping her is.

I want to find good homes for them. It's going to take me months to get things organized and enough money saved to do this. I just cannot wait to the last minute to try to get these guys into new homes because they are all special bunnies who will take extra understanding from their new parents.

Thank you for posting the pictures, in the next day or two I will try to post videos of all of them.

Thank you everyone, I'm so sorry this is happening.

Your crew is beautiful, and if we were closer together I'd give them a home in a heartbeat.

Robin, I might have found someone to take Livingston and Apple.Its a friend with lots of bunnies of her own whohas wanteda flemmie for a while so I sent her a pic of Livingston and Apples pic was on the email too.My friendsaid she would consider taking her as well if she needs a homeso she could be in a place with someone who knows how to deal with her situation.

How soon were you wanting to rehome them? And would you be able to drive them any closer to MI?

Oh and does Livingston still have respiratory issues? Is he on meds?

I have to speak with her later today so I'll get back to you.

Haley

So sorry that you find yourself in this plight. While many of us here on the forum are unable to help, please know that we are here to support you and listen to you as you deal with all of this.

How wonderful that Haley may have found a home for the girls! I hope things work out for the girls to go together.

I know that Haley said that she may have found a home for the Livingston and Apple, but I was thinking about this since I saw it yesterday and decided that if Apple needed a home that I'd be willing to give her a loving and caring one. I would also be willing to give Livingston or Scooter a home along with her. I'd be able to take in one to two but just figured Apple would be the hardest to place, you know?

I'm located in Cleveland, OH and have had buns when I was younger and have them now today as well. My bunnies are my heart and soul and I'd be more than happy to help give a bun a home if one is needed. I had to rehome a few of mine last month because of some health concerns of mine, but during that time I had to rehome two others that I was planning on keeping because they were attached to the others and it was too heartbreaking for them all to be depressed. I did what was best for them even though it was so hard and heartbreaking for me to do. Since then I've adopted one boy from the APL, but have room for one or two more in my herd without becoming overwhelming for me.

I just thought I'd put it out there. If they finda home elsewhere then no problem, but I felt it in my heart to respond. I can be reached by e-mail (in my profile) or PM. Again, if Haley is able to find them homes that would be fab, but I just wanted to let you know that my heart is big enough for one or two more and your post definitely tugged on my heart strings.

No matter what, good luck to you and your bunnies.

Livingston ans Scooter have been on concrete before with no problems. Ive never had Apple outside... she couldn't get away if she got loose somehome.

None of them have ever had any feet issues. Livingston gets mats sometimes because he's got medium length hair.

Scooter is blowing her coat right now and she looks really bad at the moment!

Livingston gets bald spots when he blows his coat from injection sites from when he was sick.

About Livingston being sick... When I got him I took him to a show and he got DQd for having a snotty nose. Vet said his lungs sounded bad, very bad. He was on oral meds, then injections... a couple months of meds. His lungs are fine now, and have been fine, but he still gets a snot spot in his nose once in a while. I cannot say he's *cured* because I honestly don't know but I do know the girls have never gotten sick and they are all in the same room and let lose together on ocasion.

Haley, I sent you a PM.

I'm going to get a video of Apple and post it in a bit.

021708063.jpg

021708055.jpg

021708054.jpg

021708053.jpg

Thank you everyone for your kindness and understanding. I didn't get pictures of Scooter tonight but I did talk to my daughter and she understands the need to find them a home.

Oh she is so precious. Poor dear.

So you think Liv and Apple could be bonded? I think the size thing wouldnt really matter, and it would give her someone to lean on. Rabbits are so much happier in pairs. :)

My friend's email is down now so I wont be able to email her until Monday..I'll let you know once I fill her in on everything.

Just reading this now. I'm so sorry about your current situation, and I truly hope it improves and changes for the better. The bunnies are adorable, I sure hope your friend will help Haley.

Thank you everyone for your support. Apple and Livingston have homes lined up (we'll need to transport them) and we are going to try very hard to keep Scooter. If anything changes I will update.

Thank you again *hugs all around*

Congratulations on being willing to take in Apple. She looks to be such a sweetheart.

I'm so glad that someone on the forum will be giving her a good home because that means we can get updates and pictures ;).

I really am happy that Livingston and Apple have wonderful, loving homes lined up.

Im so happy for both Robin and Alicia, Apple will be so loved in her new home! And my friend up here in Michigan is so excited to be able to give Livingston a home- her daughter already has set up a pen for him with toys and everything!

It should be easy to get Liv up this way since its only a few hours. Getting Apple out to Alicia may prove more difficult so if anyone between OH and CT is willing to drive an hour or two please let me know. It would be nice if we could split the 8 hour drive into 4 drivers at the most since Apple scares easily- so we can minimize her stress. Im going to get working on a route now :)

I just wanted to tell you guys something cute Alicia told me last night.

Ringo (her head tilt boy) means Apple in Japanese. Fate, no?! :)

Back