NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JadeIcing wrote:
Thank you. Umm zip ties... Where can I find them?

walmart, target, most hardware store, home depot. . . some dollarstores. . .i think you can also get them at office max and staples, buti don't shop there enough to know for sure!

basically just ask for zip ties, normally in the housewares/home imporvement departments. . .most people know what they are.

you can buy big bags of them, i love having extra of these things around. . .can be used for so many things!

I used two different size zip ties. Ihad a bag of big ones laying around, but when I bought new ones theywere a lot smaller.

After having to cut the ends off 300 zip ties, I was thankfulfor the little ones. The big ones were a lot harder to cut,even with a utility knife.

If you don't have a utility knife, get one! They're only a few dollars and WELL worth it.

Side cutters work very well (much better than anutilility knife) for trimming the zip ties. I'd be lost without them. Most people at a hardware store should know whatthey are. If I wasn't so busy with school right now, I'd takea picture of them.

--Dawn

Hey those are cool!! I was going to order a boxbut they were out of stock:(If any one has used these ones Iwould love to here your input:DI am building 4 cages thisweek for the 9 new babies that are ready to leave mommas nest! Greatecages everyone!!

Shye,Nuggles,Nibbles,Hoppidy

and all 17 foster buns!

those solidpannels look really good! they wood make good sheleves but being 12" will you be able to attach them ok?

JadeIcing wrote:
I like tools. I have lots of tools. I'm a weird girl.

theres nothing wrong witha girl liking tools jsut make sureyou dont try to show off infront of a man and make a fool ofyourself!!! lol

Here are the girls' cages:

2mrz4if.jpg

herman and winnie got another cage! well, i am trying the NIC cage once more, just with a few different things:

100_0821.jpg

100_0820.jpg

100_0824.jpg

i made it last night while watching the dog show on USA. . . but put it all together and moved them in today!

i have decided to use their x-pen as a run for them. when i am home,they are allowed to run the upstairs, but when i leave, they have to belocked up, that is why the cage has doors. at night, since i am home toget up if they get out or are just making to much noise, i plan onleaving the cage doors open to allow them into the run.

i just have a few last details to do. i need to pick up something forthe flooring on the shelf, i need to cut a new square of carpet for thefloor as the carpet is older and has lots of bunny stains on it, and ineed to come up with some more support for the level. . .herman is 10pounds of bunny pudge. . .

it is the first all zip tie cage i have done, normally i used theconnectors, and i am wondering if that is what i didn't like about thembefore. . .

hunnybunny63 wrote:
those solidpannels look really good! they wood make goodsheleves but being 12" will you be able to attach them ok?
No, that's why I mentioned it. There would be gaps. That's a bummer because they are really cool.

cagecomp.png

I finally finished my NIC cage! It's not very elaborate or big, but Ithink it's an improvement from what she had before. :) She loves hershelf so much she'll lounge up there even when the door's open - a bigdeal for her. I wanted to make it longer, but in the fall, I don't knowif I'll have room in my new apartment, so it'll be this big now, thenlater I'll probably add a third story when we move. I think I want toadd some fun things but I'm not sure what.

gwhoosh,

Your bunny looksjust like myNibbles!! Your cage looks great, andshe looks impressed with her new home :Din her picture!!

Shye

Have enough to build a small one for Connor.Tomorrow that is. If Connor does bond with Dallas, Teresa, andElvis(when bonding is done)he will stay in his. If he bondswe add on that one.

Samantha gets Dallas and Teresa's pen. Ringo get Samanthas pen.

Here is Pepper's new cage. I built it tonightfor $46, when I paid $38 for the tiny cage. I am taking the other cageback to the store tomorrow and getting a store credit. She is still toosmall to climb to the other levels though....we will have to work onthat!:)
100_1098.jpg

JadeIcing wrote:
Have enough to build a small one for Connor. Tomorrow thatis. If Connor does bond with Dallas, Teresa, and Elvis(when bonding isdone)he will stay in his. If he bonds we add on that one.

Samantha gets Dallas and Teresa's pen. Ringo get Samanthas pen.

sounds very confusing!

Latest posts

Back