NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do u think they are unsafe i used them and also zip tied them so i wouldn't think there would be a problem its very strudy

I think she means that using the plasticconnectors alone are unsafe because my first attempt I didn'tknow about zip ties and when I was finshed(all the peices where niceand locked) the thing seem top heavy and I was afraid that it mightcallasp with Fluffy jumping level to level.

stephiemarie78 wrote:
why do u thinkthey are unsafe i used them and also zip tied them so i wouldn't thinkthere would be a problem its very strudy

I'm thinking of using clips and zipshonestly. Zips will make sure it doesn't fall apart and theclips will make sure nothing falls out of place. It's alittle bit from each world. Since the NICs are on sale stillat Target, I am thinking of getting 2 more packages of them for makingsome door barriers and pens, plus I do need some shelving. :p

Chris

I'd recommend using the connectors and zipties. I made a two level cage without the connectors and thegrids seem to shift a lot. It's much better with both,IMO.

I also think that using both the connectors andthe zip ties is the best way to go. I have mostly the Shopkobrand and the connectors are really good, I only use zip ties tostabilize sections that bear a lot of weight or feel loose.But it would take tons of zip ties to keep the cage from wobblingwithout the connectors.

Its great. I love my blue ones.

My NIC cage

CIMG1206.jpg

CIMG1215.jpg

CIMG1208.jpg

CIMG1210.jpg

For the people debating if the plastic connectors are good, i thinkthey make it all sturdier. When i built mine i started with just zipties, but i couldnt do it. Same goes for the plastic connectors, youcant just use that alone.

Eve wrote:
Yeah, I got a little bit carried away. :D

Wait till you see what my mom has in mind, and what I have planned once my guys bond.

tinac wrote:
Look at all those toys!! Do they play with them all?
They play with most of them, but some of them they have no interest in.They mostly liketo toss and rearrange them all after I havecleaned their cages.

hunnybunny63 wrote:
can the bunnies get through all of what we can see in the pic? if theycan that is amazing i wish i had the room for that! what lucky bunniesyou have!
The whole NIC cage is made up of two seperate identical NIC cages sideby side (one is sideways). Because my bunnies are nearly fully bondednow, they both have free access to both cages and the room, but theypreviously had half of the whole thing each. I am in the process oftaking one grid out on each level in the middle, so that the cages canbe permanently joined. As for room, that is my bedroom, which thereisn't much left of lol.

JadeIcing wrote:
Wait till you see whatmy mom has in mind, and what I have planned once my guys bond.
I look forward to seeing it once your buns arebonded:)NIC cubes are so fun to build with, there is so muchyou can do with them.

Eve,

I love it! My Nuggles is a brat!:Dand wehave been trying to bond her and Nibbles for 9 months now! And now wehave Hoppidy Bop my little sweetie! who loves both the girls. But anyway I have all three cages set up side by side like yours however Ilike your cage better!! Would you mind if I used youridea:D
niccage2donetm0.jpg

Thank you so much Michaela and BinkyRabbit33. :)

Hi Shye! Your bunnies cages look so cozy! Do they play with the stuffedtoys? Will you eventually be trying to bond all three of your bunnies?Good luck with your bonding! And of course I don't mind if you use myidea :).

Crystalballl wrote:

Eve, where did you get those ramps in your cage? I'vebeen looking for something like that.
I made the ramps using NICgrids. I used two grids per ramp and had them laying slightly over thetop of each other, and attached them together using lots of cable ties.Then I put a grass mat over the top and secured it with more cableties. The grass mats are great because the bunnies paws don't slip whenrunning up the ramps.

Latest posts

Back