NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenacrewoods wrote:
hunnybunny63

A lot of people use dow rods(roundwooden rods)to support the shelves and some just use theconnectors that come with the grates, each grate is rated to hold 50lbsbut when they areextended (like 2 grates across) it lessonsthe capacity but can still safelyhold around 25-30lbs. Oh! italso helps to use electrical tie wraps for even more support!

Hope that Helped!:wave:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"
yer thanks that really cleared it up but i still really want to have abunny in my room. i dont think they would b able to go anywhere elsebut im in my room 4 about half an hr in the morning and then msot ofthe evening whcih the whole time they could be out!

if i had a reasonable size cage in my room then it would be ok leavingthem in the rest of time! all i need to do now is persuade my parents!lol

hunnybunny63 wrote:
tenacrewoods wrote:
hunnybunny63

A lot of people use dow rods(roundwooden rods)to support the shelves and some just use theconnectors that come with the grates, each grate is rated to hold 50lbsbut when they areextended (like 2 grates across) it lessonsthe capacity but can still safelyhold around 25-30lbs. Oh! italso helps to use electrical tie wraps for even more support!

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
yer thanks that really cleared it up but i still really want to have abunny in my room. i dont think they would b able to go anywhere elsebut im in my room 4 about half an hr in the morning and then msot ofthe evening whcih the whole time they could be out!

if i had a reasonable size cage in my room then it would be ok leavingthem in the rest of time! all i need to do now is persuade my parents!lol
I have been trying to persuade my parents to let the bunnies move intothe house for a very long time, but it will not work!!! I told themeither I want two more bunnies or Berri, Ebony and Pebble to move intothe house, and the actually said two more bunnies!:shock:Sogood luck!

Michaela and thegirls:brownbunny:candycane::brownbunny:candycane::brownbunny:candycane:

Michaela wrote:
hunnybunny63 wrote:
tenacrewoods wrote:
hunnybunny63

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

I have been trying to persuade my parents to let the bunnies move intothe house for a very long time, but it will not work!!! I told themeither I want two more bunnies or Berri, Ebony and Pebble to move intothe house, and the actually said two more bunnies!:shock:Sogood luck!

Michaela and thegirls:brownbunny:candycane::brownbunny:candycane::brownbunny:candycane:

i have a plan - here it is (i only thoguht of this about 5 mins ago as i read this post!! lol)

the thing is that i ride and have been wanting a horse for age but myparents wont let me so for my b day i was planning on jsut asking for ahorse on loan and nothing else! so then now im thinking waht i will dois ill put a horse on loan or another bunny as a companion for Dandyand permisson to have Daisy in my room once my sis has gone to uniwhich is next september as she allergic which is why i have bunnies ionthe first place and all the great things about bunnies to of course!!!lol

does anyone know somewhere in the uk that had NIC cages of somthing simular or somewhere which would ship here quite cheaply!?

hunnybunny63 wrote:
i have a plan - here it is (i only thoguht of this about 5mins ago as i read this post!! lol)

the thing is that i ride and have been wanting a horse for age but myparents wont let me so for my b day i was planning on jsut asking for ahorse on loan and nothing else! so then now im thinking waht i will dois ill put a horse on loan or another bunny as a companion for Dandyand permisson to have Daisy in my room once my sis has gone to uniwhich is next september as she allergic which is why i have bunnies ionthe first place and all the great things about bunnies to of course!!!lol

does anyone know somewhere in the uk that had NIC cages of somthing simular or somewhere which would ship here quite cheaply!?
Great idea! I hope it works!:D

I've read before on this forum that Argos stocks something similar toNIC cubes, but I can't find them in the book, I think they must havebeen discontinued:?

Michaela wrote:
hunnybunny63 wrote:
i have aplan - here it is (i only thoguht of this about 5 mins ago as i readthis post!! lol)

Great idea! I hope it works!:D

I've read before on this forum that Argos stocks something similar toNIC cubes, but I can't find them in the book, I think they must havebeen discontinued:?

thanks what part do you think it would have been in?

Ok, so Rabbits aren't in it, but it's still a NIC cage ;). My 2 piggie's 3 Story Condo:

I have since added a Litterbox, a Straw Bed ball, more waterbottles anda few more toys. I have plans to expand and add anothercube's worth of width and length and I plan to have the top 2 levelsoutfitted with fleece blanket for flooring cover attatched by Velcrofor ease of cleanning up accidents.

~Sunshine

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:
Ok, so Rabbits aren't in it, but it's still a NIC cage;). My 2 piggie's 3 Story Condo:

I have since added a Litterbox, a Straw Bed ball, more waterbottles anda few more toys. I have plans to expand and add anothercube's worth of width and length and I plan to have the top 2 levelsoutfitted with fleece blanket for flooring cover attatched by Velcrofor ease of cleanning up accidents.

~Sunshine

brilliant cage. your piggys are so lucky my buns will be jealous!!

Haley wrote:
Mr.Tumnus just moved in to his NIC palace a few weeks ago and he is lovingit! Its only a 3x2 panel cage, but it seems huge for the little guy. Heespecially loves the second level!

Bunnies091.jpg
Bunnies092.jpg

Basil and Max are jealous! They dont ever go in a cage, but afterseeing how great this has been, Im thinking of making a big one forthem to go in when Im away.

-Haley

hi again

what is in the bottom of the cage? it looks like some sort of a plastictray which must make it really easy to clean!

Here are some pictures of White Chocolate'scondo. She's only in there closed in at night, but she does likehanging out in it during the day too.
My husband and son built it, I actually started but he took overclaiming he could make it much better and sturdyer :D. So. I'm sureit's quite over-built, but it IS rock sturdy!

And a very relaxed White Chocolate enjoying her condo:

Hilde

I finished this on Wednesday...I stole the plans for Trixie's cage since they were all nicely laid out for me and I'm lazy.:whatevah

It has a cardboard step between the 2nd and 3rd floors because it was hard for them to get up to the top floor. We all LOVE it!

LagomorphManor4.jpg

LagamorphManor1.jpg

Haley wrote:
hunnybunny63 wrote:
Haley<WBR> wrote:
http://i78<WBR>.photobucket.com/albums/j110<WBR>/haleyhanna/Bunnies091.jpg[<WBR>/img]
[/quote]what is in the bottom of the cage? it looks like some sort of a plastictray which must make it really easy to clean!
[/quote]
Sorry I missed this! Hunnybunny, the bottom of the cage is something called coroplast. Its essentially plastic cardboard. I bought mine from a place that makes and sells signs. They sold me a big sheet 4ft x 8 ft for 10 dollars! You just cut it to size and then put little holes in it so the edges fold up! Its very easy to clean!
[/quote]
thanks for replying! im still not sure how you get it to be a tray rather than a bit of plastic! where do you get it from?

i have now found out where i could by panneling simular to NIC in the uk but can you get coroplast?

Try your local DIY store, Hunnybunny. You might also try sign shops. Coroplast has lengthwise grooves inside that you can score and fold.

To make the tray, you fold up the sides (you have toleave it longer and wider than your cage). You will have extra material at the corners that you&#39;ll just trim off and you just tape the corners together to make the box shape.

Snuggys Mom wrote:

Try your local DIY store, Hunnybunny. You might also try sign shops. Coroplast has lengthwise grooves inside that you can score and fold.

To make the tray, you fold up the sides (you have toleave it longer and wider than your cage). You will have extra material at the corners that you&#39;ll just trim off and you just tape the corners together to make the box shape.

Haley wrote:
Heres a great site with pics on how to score the corplast: http://www.guineapigcages.com<WBR>/howto.htm]http://www.guineapig<WBR>cages.com/howto.htm[/url]

I would look in your phone book under "signs" call around and ask if they sell large sheets of coroplast...or if they only sell small ones you can ask who their supplier is.

thanks for the help. that really clears it up. well as neither of my bunnies live inside and im not aloud to have them inside i wont b ringin up local suppliers but in the future when i do keep bunnies inside i will know what to do and what to buy!!!

thanks again

Here&#39;s Poppy&#39;s NIC cage. Very simple. Just a piece of wood on the bottom, coroplast on top, and grids all around. :D. She loves it! She has become so much more curious and energetic now that she has room to romp! :)

Bunnypictures-Leanne191-1.jpg

Spring wrote:
Here&#39;s Poppy&#39;s NIC cage. Very simple. Just a piece of wood on the bottom, coroplast on top, and grids all around. :D. She loves it! She has become so much more curious and energetic now that she has room to romp! :)

Bunnypictures-Leanne191-1.jpg
does all the hay and everythin fall out the side of the cage?

im thinking of just buying then building a cage for no bunny at the moment just to give it a go and give the hint to my rents that i wanna have a bunny inside! lol

It&#39;s not too horrible. I sweep atleast once a day. If I have hay loose, I usualy put it towards the middle. Otherwise, it&#39;s in the hay rack. Poppy is also litter trained, so that helps reduce the mess.

Just a few seconds each day is all it takes :D.

Latest posts

Back