NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now Connor.

100_4897.jpg

100_4898.jpg

100_4899.jpg

100_4900.jpg

100_4901.jpg

100_4902.jpg

100_4903.jpg

kellyjade wrote:
I finished this on Wednesday...I stole the plans forTrixie's cage since they were all nicely laid out for me and I'mlazy.:whatevah

It has a cardboard step between the 2nd and 3rd floorsbecause it was hard for themto get up to the top floor. We all LOVE it!
Love the cage but what kind of litter are you using?

The litter in the boxes you mean? This is alitter box...there's another one under the second level not visible inthe pic..the litter is wood pellets similar to woody pet.sorry if thatsnot what you meant.

circle.jpg

kellyjade wrote:
The litter in the boxes you mean? This is a litterbox...there's another one under the second level not visible in thepic..the litter is wood pellets similar to woody pet.sorry if thats notwhat you meant.

circle.jpg
i love how its all colour co-ordinated! doe sit match the room as well?

I just have to say, Wonderful Job-all of you! I'm so jealous. :great:

I will be putting mine together probably this spring. Theyreally need something bigger, but it stinks b/c our house is about asbig as an apt on the main level. Oh well, might have to losethe dining table til we move! He he.

I am new here, my sister-in-law introduced me tothe NIC Condo lifestyle. So to help out I found someinteresting information for you guys:

Target has a few SKUs for Organize-It's, since their website doesn't show having them.

blue: 085110621
black: 085110185

The best part is that they are $14.99 for 23 panels with 24connectors. I still trust the zip ties more though.I think I will go with 2 sets of black panels with black zipties. The next step is finding the coroplast and making thebottom.

I love all of your guys' inventions, they give me wondeful ideas!

Chris

i have been thinking about winnie and herman's cage. . .for when i move out. . .

do you think that if i did a cage that was only 3 cubes wide, but 3 levels high that it would be large enough?

i think i would make it like the pink one that kellyjade did. .. it might fit better in my room that way. . .

I think that would be fine, Katie. Will hermango on the other levels? If so, I think thats enough room for them. Ihave Tumnus and Lucy in a 3x2x2, but theyre pretty small.

Chris_Kewl wrote:
The best part is that they are $14.99 for 23 panelswith 24 connectors. I still trust the zip ties morethough. I think I will go with 2 sets of black panels withblack zip ties. The next step is finding the coroplast andmaking the bottom.
And theyre actually on sale right now for 12.99 a box! Get yourzip/cable ties at Home Depot, they have a huge pack of them for cheap!

If I read the thing right it said till March 26 for the sale. I don't know that seems long. Anywayz I got them Friday on sale.

How big could a nic condo be for two (kinda small) mini-lops right now? (I think they are mini lops anyways lol)

I'd like to make one but not sure. If I got one box, would it be goodor would two be better? Hubby and I are thinking of going this weekendto get them so we can make them as our babies outgrow their currenthome (which at the rate they are growing will be pretty soon!)

Dimensions recommended would be good. :)

Krystalily wrote:
How big could a nic condo be for two (kinda small) mini-lopsright now? (I think they are mini lops anyways lol)

I'd like to make one but not sure. If I got one box, would it be goodor would two be better? Hubby and I are thinking of going this weekendto get them so we can make them as our babies outgrow their currenthome (which at the rate they are growing will be pretty soon!)

Dimensions recommended would be good. :)

The bigger the better i always say! so if you can fit two boxes worth in your hosue then get two!

LOL right now I have an apartment and hubby isalready reluctant about the idea of building a bigger cage. He claimswe have no room. Well... we'd have room if we made it gosh darn it!:yes:

So guess what I'm going to be conjuring up in the next couple of weeks?! *Thinks of a new floor plan*

He thinks I'm silly for wanting to do something like this after havingthe bunnies for only a week, but I love new pets and I love spoilingthem. He just doesn't understand! :sigh

I think my sister-in-law is also inquiring onhow high maybe as well? That's also a question ofmine... How high can you make this and still besturdy? I was looking at these 3 storey ones and they lookquite impressive.

Having an apartment with limited space is hard when you want to make your bunnies happy.

Thanks!

Chris

Mine are all 2 grids high. I probably wouldnt go higher than 3, especially if the bunnies weigh more.

I secured my second level with cable ties and L-brackets for shelving.I also used a dowel rod to secure the second level and the roof.

Each grid id 14 inches wide, so for a 3x2x2 cage youre looking at28in deep and 42 in wide. I wouldnt go any smaller than that.I have Tumnus and Lucy in a 3x2x2 and its fine, but they are both small(3 and 4 lbs)

Fluffy's is 4 high and it is a rock.Its dementions are 2 x 3 x4. All I used was zip ties and itsflooring for upperlevels are carpet scraps from a new house.
Chris_Kewl wrote:
I think mysister-in-law is also inquiring on how high maybe as well?That's also a question of mine... How high can you make thisand still be sturdy? I was looking at these 3 storey ones andthey look quite impressive.

Having an apartment with limited space is hard when you want to make your bunnies happy.

Thanks!

Chris

My NIC cubes cage (i can get directions on how to make them if anyone wants.)

newpics.jpg

newpics022.jpg

newpics023.jpg

newpics024.jpg

By the way, I don't know if anyone had mentioned this, but zip ties arethe way to go. Using those pieces of platsic that come with it isunsafe.

Latest posts

Back