NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Matt, that is really a neat idea! Its awesome that you have the extra pen area for them to run around. Good Job!

And your buns must be waaay cleaner than mine..that flooring wouldnt stay that nice in my home :)

-Haley

PS...love the green wall color!

ramp.jpg

peapoo & petey's cage- 3cubes long, 2 wide, 4 high... has four levels

petey has been a messy boy while peapoos been in another cage.. part of the mess is that dumb feeder thing ive been using for his pellets.. peapoo has all the nice bowls in her cage..we'll also be getting rid of that tile and replacing it with pegboard (or something not as slippery) after peapoos healed..yay!:bunnydance:

niccage001.jpg

Fey and Sprite's old cage. This was a great cage for two small rabbits.

24flj6e.jpg

Even better- the new pens! Each takes up half of a small bedroom.

Mocha and Loki's:
24fmf6r.jpg

Fey and Sprite's:
24fmfef.jpg

Cool! love the cages,the 2-3 level ones are the coolest cage I've seen.lots of room for the rabbit to binkie.:)

it's not totaly finished, they didn't get the base for the bottom done. But i was able to move blue in.

IM000077.JPG

total cost was about $80.00 the flooring is pegboard and i taped a waterproof wallboard to it.

Stephiemarie, your cage is awesome! And for those keeping tabs, it's still less expensive than most store-bought rabbit cages (and dog crates) that are 1/4 of the size!

Yes and I'm really happy they really take up less space and they have SO much more room.I did 2 cages stacked so blue is on the top and cooter will be on the bottom. Took 3 boxes of Grids.

made a different post about my NIC cage, but thought i would add it to this topic. . .

cage3.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage1.jpg

Amy and I had the same idea (I see she alsosuggested putting it here). Its just such a great idea for people withlimited space (and different types of small animals).

It looks great!

im so jealous of all of you having your bunniesin the house. my 2 are lucky if they get to spend 10 mins in outkitchen and they dont really like it in there - the floor can be a bitslippy!! lol

hey there! i was just wondering what the average cost was all said and done.

im getting 2 boxes of them, but what about the cabel ties, the boards,and what ever you put on the bottom to hold it? id need something onthe bottom otherwise copper will make a whole in the carpet!

Hello! picklezon

With 2 boxes at 14.95 ea. from Targetand a pack of med.cablesties around $3.00 Pegboard at HD is $11.98 a sheet (have them Cut it inhalf) and a half sheet of 1/2 inch plywood is probablly around$6.50-$8.00 and can be bought at Home Depot in a 4x4 peice.

I'd say you could get by with a real nice NIC Mansion for less than $60.

This is one of the 2I built for My Bunnies, It was around$45-$65 after bed, toys,Litter box,feederand hay bin.

My NIC Mansions are about 44" long,29"high and 29"wide.

I used indoor/outdoor carpet under the NIC cage to keep Urine andthings off our Carpet. It has a rubber type backing and is used forboat decking so pulling it out and washing it with waterhose is no bigdeal! It cost about $16 for a 12ft by 3ft peice at Home depot but theyhave it in 6ft lenths so you could buy a 6' x3' for less then $10.

Hope this Helped You Out!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

thanks so much for your help!

i spent most of my day yesturday working on his cage. actually it wasmostly on trying to find something cheap for the bottom of it. we wentfrom store to store for a long time. we've descided to get that plasticstuff you put under your rolling chair and have a rug over it. we justwanted the plasitic stuff incase things drip outside of the cage.

100_0198.jpg

100_0199.jpg

we made one door swing up.

100_0200.jpg

the one below that swings in and out.

100_0204.jpg

i used the extra for myself.

100_0203.jpg

he doesnt get the whole new cage thing.

Here's a picture of the girls' cages before wemoved and expanded on Flower's. Flower's is now one panel additional to the height and on the width. :)

4crr3at.jpg

:D

i really really badly want to bring my bunniesinto my room and keep them in there instead of the garden as i hardleysee my bunnies as its so cold for me but they have warm hutches andthick coats to keep them warm!

how do you make the shelves in the NIC cages, they dont look very stable are they?

hunnybunny63

A lot of people use dow rods(roundwooden rods)to support the shelves and some just use theconnectors that come with the grates, each grate is rated to hold 50lbsbut when they areextended (like 2 grates across) it lessonsthe capacity but can still safelyhold around 25-30lbs. Oh! italso helps to use electrical tie wraps for even more support!

Hope that Helped!:wave:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Latest posts

Back