NB RESCUE: Los Angeles (San Gabriel), CA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep posting and the posts don't show up?

Pipp I can pickup Scooter and get him on a plane to you through Alaska Air Cargo (temprature controlled separate enviorment from actual cargo); flight ticket costs $190 and there is a customs charge on your end (not surehow muchbut would think nominal).. Happy to put up half the cost of the ticket and purchase the appropriate carrier/food and bring buns to the airport.

I spoke with Alex this afternoon and am meeting with her tomorrow to see what else I can do;PM or call me to get the gritty details finalized - my cell is 310-266-9960 (anybody can call me for "newbie" advice or Los Angeles info - I'm a 24/7 kinda girl)..

Come on people lets get these buns homes!

I just got home and saw all these posts from Julie (after having spoken to her earlier today) - and now I am crying. . . Maybe there is hope for more bunnies!

Julie - I will talk to you tomorrow (later today) about carriers and other details. We can provide some carriers and I will see if I can scare up some donated carriers, if more folks will take bunnies. See you later. And wow and thank you.

Thus far, aside from Scooter and Rowan's boy, I am not getting any takers for bunnies. (Unless there is good news in one of my other accounts!)

undergunfire wrote:
Rowan's baby boy is just adorable :shock:. He looks like my Harlequin mix...Mallory....that I adopted from Zooh Corner.

Mallory and Morgan came together...as "brothers". Not sure if you remember them or not. Beth, who lived in Buckeye, AZ...was their foster mommy.

Oh! That is so exciting! Those are not names we gave the, so I do not know which buns they are. Do you know what their names were? Or what Mallory's name was? Or...send a pic! I am so excited to meet someone who adopted a Zooh bunny in AZ. ! HI! :biggrin2: :pinkbouce:

How is Beth?

PixieStixxxx wrote:
Julie, you are absolutely amazing! <3

Pipp: Can I make a donation to the flight costs? And I'm sure I can ask Vince if he can drive you and the buns back from the airport.

You guys are so great!

A couple of us reach out, and the rest of you stand up! Thanks to you all for your support and DEFINETLY reach out to www.mybunny.org.

Give $5 or $70 dollars, ANYTHING can help.Its not the $ amount, its what YOU can do as individual. Get creative! Send carriers to your local rescue or drop off food/hay, it all makes the "collective" effort that can help us all.

ZoohCorner wrote:
We just got two more rabbits in; that's 4 rabbits IN since Sunday.

Any locals willing to squeeze a bunny or two or seven in??? They are all good bunnies. . .needing a chance to live. :bunnydance:
:vomit:

The vomity guy is how I feel - have felt since Monday. We can't let them kill anyone and I don't know what to do.

Alex

OH NO!!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T KILL THEM!!!!!! Gee, those guys are ALL so beautiful bunnies!!! Isn't there anybody out there who can help here??? FOSTER at least???

Are there any other Rescues who could help out here??? haha...yeah, I know...there probably all beyond full too...people need to get educated about Bunnies BEFORE they get them. not just dump them. and people need to STOP BREEDING!!!!!!

There is NO need for Breeding these days!!!!!!

ZoohCorner wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
Rowan's baby boy is just adorable :shock:. He looks like my Harlequin mix...Mallory....that I adopted from Zooh Corner.

Mallory and Morgan came together...as "brothers". Not sure if you remember them or not. Beth, who lived in Buckeye, AZ...was their foster mommy.

Oh! That is so exciting! Those are not names we gave the, so I do not know which buns they are. Do you know what their names were? Or what Mallory's name was? Or...send a pic! I am so excited to meet someone who adopted a Zooh bunny in AZ. ! HI! :biggrin2: :pinkbouce:

How is Beth?

I sent you a PM :bunnydance:!

Coco0457 wrote:
OH NO!!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T KILL THEM!!!!!! Gee, those guys are ALL so beautiful bunnies!!! Isn't there anybody out there who can help here??? FOSTER at least???

Are there any other Rescues who could help out here??? haha...yeah, I know...there probably all beyond full too...people need to get educated about Bunnies BEFORE they get them. not just dump them. and people need to STOP BREEDING!!!!!!

There is NO need for Breeding these days!!!!!!

You have to understand that the world is very over croweded with homeless animals because of IRRISONSIBLE breeders. If they stopped breeding, the amount of unwanted pets would dirastically cut down. If people spayed/neutered, the amount of dying animals in shelters would cut down.

As for RESPONSIBLE breeders, I personally think that they should not stop breeding. Without responsible breeders who put their whole lives into producing well bred & up to the standard rabbits....we wouldn't have such lovely breeds out there.

Reality...irrisponsible breeders will always be around, animals will always be euthanized to control the population. It's life. We just have to work as hard as we can to rescue as many as we can, providing we have the funds and there are a place for the rescues to go.

Build a new shelter, it will fill up quick and there will still be homeless pets. It is a vicious cycle that never ends.

PixieStixxxx wrote:
Pipp: Can I make a donation to the flight costs? And I'm sure I can ask Vince if he can drive you and the buns back from the airport.

April, thanks so much, I may take you (or Vince!) up on that airport offer, depending on the scheduling of course!

I'm just waiting to hear from Julie and/or Alex right now.

And I've had another great offer to fly Scooter up in the cabin with an RO member in S.F., so that's another option. :)

sas :bunnydance:

Well my guys I assume are sorted out, now I'm hoping some of our California members are just tied up for the weekend and they'll be able to at least foster some others at least for awhile. Haven't heard from anybody yet.

I'm asking my friends to post noticeswhere they work, etc.

There's another lilttle L.A. bunnywith bandaged legs who needs a temp foster, too.

sas :pray:

Pipp....are you taking in Rowan's baby boy (the harlequin with huge ears), as well?

He is a doll and reminds me so much of Mallory. I hope he can be saved :?.

Oh, man...now my heart is in pain!

Rowan's baby boys look JUST like my Mallory and Morgan....

CA689.11165310-2-pn.jpg

CA689.11165343-1-pn.jpg

My Mal and Morg...

l_d8b3de327d3cc04449d83326fe1fa19f.jpg

An update, of sorts:

Julie came out and met us at the Pasadena PetCo Adoption Day, today. She's really cool! (And she has very pretty eyes :) )

It sounds like getting Scooty and Rowan's baby (now 5 mos old) out to Vancouver is going to work, we just need to nail down and secure some details.

We are hoping that it will happen like this: Julie picks up Scooter :(:D and "the kid" on Friday (7/25), keeps them overnight, then brings them to the airport on Saturday, 7/26. Apparently they need to be at the airport 3 hours before departure, and Julie was assuming that the whole ordeal would last about 9-10 hours - to the point when Sas FINALLY gets her new friends!

I am waiting to hear more from Julie.

Sas: Sorry I have not been around. I did read some stuff online, earlier, but after the PetCo day--and having been at the shelter earlier this am--pluss the lack of sleep this week, I have sort of hit a wall! (I only slept about an hour or so last night, I am so worried about these bunnies)... I am just not fit for public "consumption" right now!! :shock:.

But that's about where things stand.

This needs to happen because it is the right thing - all of it. Scooter needs to be Sas's bunny - Kevin and I will be happy with that, and we will get to see pics and have updates via RO!!! And Rowan's kiddo needs a safe place.... Julie and Sorelle are the other pieces of the puzzle that will make this happen!

OH! I remember Mallory and Morgan. Cannot recall their names, as they were newer members of the Zooh bunny crew, but I definitely remember them! It is so exciting to meet someone who has some of the "Arizona Zooh Bunnies" !!!!

Getting an update on them was neat. This is an awesome group of people!

Alex

ZoohCorner wrote:
OH! I remember Mallory and Morgan. Cannot recall their names, as they were newer members of the Zooh bunny crew, but I definitely remember them! It is so exciting to meet someone who has some of the "Arizona Zooh Bunnies" !!!!

Getting an update on them was neat. This is an awesome group of people!

Alex

I am really happy you remember my boys :biggrin2:! I am also very happy I was able to adopt them. Right when I saw their pictures on Petfinder in December of '06...I KNEW they had to be mine!

Soon Mallory will be home again from Zin (GoinbacktoCali)....then I am going to attempt bonding the boys again.

Also, I am super happy that Sas is taking in one of Rowan's boys....who looks like Mallory. I hope his brother, who looks like Morgan, finds a great home.

I don't ever have work on Saturdays, and Vince has class from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm.

But the rest of the day, (or early morning).. we're absolutely free to drive the buns and Pipp from the airport to her house!

Back