NB RESCUE: Los Angeles (San Gabriel), CA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex - will PM and speak w/you soon -but so that all can follow the story.. Pipp will be able to get the buns Saturday so I will pick them up from youFriday afternoon/night and bring them home w/me and will get them to the airport early Saturday AM so that they can arrive in Vancouver around 1:00 or 2:00 PM.

And I must say to all RO members, Alex is an AMAZING bun rescuer (organized, knowledeable, funny,and driven)- had way too much fun chatting with her. It would be great if more, knowledgeable people would be willing to take one bun in - so many cute buns there that need a home.. And again - I'm willing to help get the bun to whereever you are at.

Yay - team! :D

Hi Julie.

Thanks for the compliment. :thanks: I really am just doing the job I was meant to do, and I know I am lucky to be able to do it!

I will make sure the other bunny, Munson, is here on Friday (we will talk before hand! :bunny24) and will have proper carriers with attached water bottles, extra hay for you to take with you, and extra towels in case they get these wet on the way to your place. Do you have somewhere for them to stay at your place? They will need to be out of the carriers to stretch during the evening and whatnot, 'specially before their long journey!

Talk to you soon!

Are you getting excited, Pipp?:running bunny:running bunny:bunnyangel2:

I also have a backup plan if you guys need it- someone I know in Los Angelos is willing to fly Scooter in cabin up to Seattle (its Delta Air so only $50.00) although I think you can only take one rabbit so that wouldnt work if sas is taking both...

Good work everyone getting this together!

Yes both Scooter and Muson will have their very own Suite(s) to run about (upstairs patio [bunny escape proof]and my indoor bedroom hallway (each about 10 ft long and 3 and 4 ft respectively..

One will sleep in the hall way with their carrier open to curl up in if they get scared an the other will sleep in my "portable" bun hutch that I'll bring into the bedroom that fits next to my bed (4ft by 2 ft by 2ft).. So I think they will have enough room to stretch their legs prior to be "stuck" in the carriers for the trips..

I'm really excited for these 2 little guys and their journey to their forever homes! :D

Haley wrote:
I also have a backup plan if you guys need it- someone I know in Los Angelos is willing to fly Scooter in cabin up to Seattle (its Delta Air so only $50.00) although I think you can only take one rabbit so that wouldnt work if sas is taking both...

Good work everyone getting this together!

Thats great! If something were to happen its nice to know that others are thinking of back-up plans (as I didn't)..

Luckily - its the same cost to fly2 as1 through Alaska Pet Air Cargo..

Haley wrote:

Well, there's always Wilber... :hearts:

CA689.11146088-1-pn.jpg

I'm putting out the word here for fosters and potential adopters so I can take a third, nothing yet. :sigh:

Meanwhile, can't thank you all enough, especially Julie. :hug1 I'm working out the pick-up details with PixieStixxx. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting the new arrivals, although I must confess that having a couch not half covered in poop (Sherry stopped that habit for some reason)is kinda nice. :) That sure won't last with new bunnies around to get her all wound up. ;)

:eek:hwell:

sas :laughsmiley:

Ho Pipp!

I am so excited for Scooter and Munson. They get to be little fuzzy Canadians! Wish I could visit too!

Wilber was at the vet and has been adopted. He never had to be at the shelter. I called him little Mop-boy. Super cute and boy did he know it!

So far have 5 rabbits placed, including your two new pals. Need to move more SOON. Can get a little extra time, seeing we are doing so much construction work in the bunny area, but only a little more...

Waiting to talk to Julie to make sure things are really happening. . . So happy for Scooty!

Also very tired and having cell phone issues. UGH! :grumpy:

Thanks to all! :p:D

From what I can "gather" from Scooter and Munson is that they've been under Alex's calm controll and will not have a problem within a few days..

She is the " Bunny whisper" and had me calm withiin minutes of meeting her, so I'm guessing her "buns" are just the same temprament, and also they are going to your house (where I'd pay "rent" to live) so I think all will be just GREAT (not "fine" mind you but GREAT").

And if all things go SOUTH - send Scooter and Munson to me and I'll take them in (BF be damned! - IT TAKES A VILLAGE)..

:D

I must really say, that it's been such a collective effort as when I joined this forum a short 4 month ago, I had no idea the difference between a Cat or a bun; but that was changed by Pipp, Haley, Maherswoman, GoingbacktoCali, Flashy, Coco0457, PixieStixx, Undergunfire,Jadeicing, werecatrising, brandy 456,Slavetobunny, pla725 and last but not least (alwaysone of the first to comment)Slavetobunnyand others thats name alludes me..

You guys are great at helping the newbie bun owners and have gotten me past the "help - I've been dumped a bun" too ---- "HELP!! Rescue a bun!" And I think that is fabulous as its been - 4 short weeks...

You should all run for Congress,think what you all could be accomplish? :D

Good luck to all in this! Great job guys!

A downer that this isn't 5+ years in the futurewhere I'd be living on my own to take in a few, but the least I can do is help finance-wise if I can send some cash/cheque to someone? Marvinsounds like such a darling, wish I was in the position to take him in as a friend for Pebbles. :(

So just putting out an offer, if you need any help in this financially! If not, a way to send to the rescue?

But Spring! You've already done so much without having to live on your own. When I posted for help about Yoyo, you physically kept up with his whereabouts (When I just about gave up after Petcetera fed me he was sold lies!). But you tracked him down, went to go see him and personally saw that he was doing just great! [And then Jasmine played the adoption game with you =D ]

I'm so excited over how amazing this is turning out! And I hope the other bunnies will be able to find homes as well.

Heh! I was only kidding about Wilber, as noted in the top of this thread, a guy that cute doens't need help getting adopted. :love:

I PM'd you this question, but I'm a little confused about all of Rowan's babies... Neither Bunson nor Munson seem to look much like Rowan's Baby Boy, is it the light?

Here are the two boys, Muson andBunson...

CA689.10385340-2-pn.jpg
CA689.10385340-3-pn.jpg

And this is the pic of Rowan's Baby boy ...

and here's another shot labeled 'two of Rowan's babies'... lsted as male.

Now with 13 altogether, it's interesting trying to get them all straight. ;)

I assume the older guys are more in need than the younger ones? I don't want to be picky, but I'm not too too keen on a big version of Sherry,LOL! (Wasn't that keen on the little version, but she needed a home, so... )

I'malso really not interested in anymore English spot-types or more big black bunnies even though I know they're hard to adopt. (I know they're hard to adopt, I still have all my fosters).:rollseyes

For this run, I'd love to try for somebunny who just might be able to find another home if need be.(Scooter's here to stay regardless, but no guarantees bonding's going to work out for anybunny).

On that note, I see that poor Noah's been there a year... and Minnie Moo and Bruce look stressed... Sage looks sweet...

Oh wait... Marvin? He isn'tlisted on Petfinder, just saw the listing in this thread...I don't already have a white bunny with red eyes, so he's a candidate...

Decisions decisions, LOL!

Alex, we need to chat. ;)

sas :bunny18

Hi Spring,

Marvin IS extra sweet. Neutered too. He gets ignored cause he's a pink-and-white. :? He and Barnabus are both extra friendly guys... just super duper cool bunnies.

As far as donating goes, I think Pipp is raising funds?

Marvin has been at the shelter quite a long time and he gets ignored, as far as adoptions go. (Minnie Moo, who got adopted this Saturday, has only been there three months...his hew folks are really nice and will even be volunteering for us, but they were not interested in Marvin....)

Marvin is about 5lbs and neutered.

Bruce is a chocolate and white spot or spot mix. He has chubby cheeks and a good personality, and he is neutered. He's been there about 4 months.

Sage was adopted a couple of weeks ago, but he is a little bitey and they may bolt and want a different bunny. I REALLY hope not! :nonono:

Noah - I have no idea why Noah has not been adopted. He's awesome. His pics don't do him justice, he is handsome! Julie met him at PetCo this Saturday! :bunnyheart (neutered, 1 1/2)

Then there are ALLLLLL of Rowan's babies. Beautiful! Some look like Harlequins, so,e have perfect Dutch markings! All are large, racy sorta bunnies (meaning longer bodies and larger ears) - really pretty.:dutch

((I am determined to use all of these little smile icon thingies!! So Cute!)
:yuck:whistling

The pic of the baby in questions helps. I will see which one he is, and if he is bonded to anybun (see PM, Pipp).

OK. More emails, phone calls, bunnies to care for, mother's house to deal with, hay to be delivered, etc!
:hbunnysmell::sofa::thankyou:

Alex

Pipp wrote:
On that note, I see that poor Noah's been there a year...

I met Noah and he is the MOST laid back Bun I've met; he had numerous people coming up to him and 1 very large dog that was giving him grief and he didn't give it a "second thought".. So if you need a calm bun in your "Harem" THIS is the bun to be had..

So many buns across the U.S. need homesand I knowyou can fall in "LOVE" with all of them, but Noah WOULD be that ONE bun that you take in, that would LOVE to be inyour permanent home..

Rescues can go just fantastic and I see this with this one little guy.. Take another look at him on in this thread - he deserves to have "Free Run" in a home..

Still hoping to hear from Alex (and/or Julie) with details about Rowan's Baby Boy, Noah and Marvin.

Decisions decisions!

I have to consider who a good bonding candidate is. The options are bonding with one or twolittle dwarf girls (although Scooter will get first pick), or joining a couple of 5 to 6 pound 'backroom' bunnies who live in a5 x7enclosed porch.Failing a bonding situation, who would do best in a multi-levelpen as opposed to free-run?

And who would make the best'ambassador bunny'? Dill would run out on the porch to greet all the guests, often pawing at their leg. :tears2:pipp will lick my nose whenever I present it to her. :) That always helps with the 'bunny PR' campaign and when trying to set upfostering or adoptions. (My other guys are scaredy buns).

I assume all three will get along with the cats.

Who is the most unhappy at the shelter? Who would be disrupted the least by the move? Noah was pretty much born there, right? Has he ever been fostered?

Was Marvin born there as well? If not,where was he previously?

Then again, Rowan'sboy is young, maybe he stands the best chance of adjusting.

sas :ponder:

Pipp, I don't mean to interfere.....much.

I see yout alking a lot and weighing the options - but may I ask you - is there anyone (besides Scooter) that you feel your heart is drawing you too? Not logic....but you look and you sort of melt?

I'd encourage you to pick that one.

When Tiny died - I looked at several flemish. I looked at Zeus once....looked at others.....but kept going back. I wanted to rescue a flemmie in Tiny's memory and in honor of him - plus I wanted a flemmie so badly....but it only took one look and I knew in my heart Zeus was THE ONE. (Even with Ori coming - I feel that way about Zeus - that he was meant to be here).

I am dying to find out WHO you pick.....

AUUUGH! I just lost what i was writing.

Pipp - ultimately , in my opinion, Marvin is your guy. He is already neutered, super sweet - and he seems very well adjusted. On that note, anothrr super cool candidate is Barnabas.

Both these guys have great person-alities and would make wonderful friends.

Barnabas is about 5-6 lbs and Marvin 4 - 4.5. Marvin gets ignored because he is white with red eyes. :(

Alex

Pipp, I can only imagine the "sheer" wonderment of not meeting the buns your adopting and to figure out which one you want (Zoohcorner has SO many cute buns)..

That beingsaid, I'll go to ZoohCorner (if possible tomorrow) and take video (along with the camcorder, laptop and air card so that I can ) post them and THEN perhaps you can make an informed choice (along w/others here who may "SEE" someone that they cannot live without).. I am willing to ship these BUNS to whomever can give them a great Forever home.. Not a guarantee but will call San Gabriel Shelter in the AM and see if I can come through w/my camcorder.

I have NO idea why these lil buns took over my heart,but they did -they need a "helping hand".. I think I've found my "Calling" in life.. :)

Back