NB RESCUE: Los Angeles (San Gabriel), CA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. We do interviews and home visits for everybun. That's why situations like this are so extra stressful! But finding amazing people and finding out that your trust was worth - that does help to makeup for it.

(Ack. Still choked up after reading about Pipp's Dill bunny.)

Pipp I reallyhope you can find a way to get Scooter to you! I hope Sherry decides to like him too, I'm sure she'd like another bunny friend.

Alex, I'll put in my 2 cents for Pipp too. Like Tinysmom I've known her first as a member here and then as a fellow mod/slave to RO for several years. She takes great care of her rabbits and if I remember right her smallest bunny enclosure is a large NIC pen with several shelves to jump on which several foster buns live in. (Edit: The others all get a room of their own.) One of her buns (the bun named Pipp, actually) frequently gets molar spurs which of course get treated by a rabbit savvy vet. There are several RO members in her area that visit her house, and could also provide you with a first-person opinion in case you have any concerns- and of those I know Jordiwes and Aurora369 are involved with a local rescue that takes in rabbits and other small animals.

I totally understand your need to ask questions, I know I wouldn't let anyone adopt a rabbit I'm fostering without knowing a ton about them.:)

Perhaps instead of getting Scooter moved to Vancouver, we need to get Pipp and her gang moved down here! :shock::biggrin2::Canada small::USA:

Thanks! :brownbunny

BTW, I love your profile pic. I have a pic of my Mousey with her tongue out and it just cracks me up!

Pipp has a really big heart for rabbits and she often says "my rabbits ate my life" - but it is so true.

I know she's very pro-rescue, pro-taking rabbits to the vet, pro- encouraging others to take their animals to the vet, etc.

Honestly- I think Pipp's life and the care she gives her rabbits - is really a positive way of showing the forum how we should treat rabbits (and other animals). She truly loves them...

I wasn't offended in you wanting to see her set-up, etc. (well - maybe a tiny bit - but that's cause I know her so well and I was like, "have to check PIPP out? We all love her...".). I knew you were new on here and that was why I linked you to her messages, etc.

I sure hope this works out...

Thanks for standing up for me guys, I appreciate it so much. I'm touched! :cry4:

Alex, I've got a few irons in the fire, I think Scooter is workable no matter what, I have a few options re: flying him here in the cabin,but we have to see aboutgetting Rowan's boy as well.

One possiblity is a ride shareI'm hoping to link up with inL.A. to Vancouver, it's someone coming from San Antonio at the end of the month. Iwon't trust this person to take the bunnies,but I will fly to L.A. and drive backwith this person and thebuns if they check out. If that doesn't work, there seem to beother similar situations out there.

I haven't really had the time or working tech power today tostart a full-fledged transport campaign, ditto with ourfull out fostering call, but it'sa priority.

I know some of our members can help out, I expect they have or will be in touch.

sas :pray:

I could ask on the lionhead list if anyone is traveling from whereever Scooter is to Vancouver, WA - perhaps for a show or something.

The only thing is (sigh) - these are breeders...and I don't know if the rescue is willing to accept help from lionhead breeders. I just know that sometimes they do travel for shows....

Also - they may ask for a bit of $$ to help out with the gas....

Alright, the boyfriend and I have talked things over!

He has a car that isn't such a gas guzzler, but the problem is neither of us have a passport :foreheadsmack:.. otherwise we would've been able to pick you up from Seattle.

We could at the very least pick you up from the Can/US boarder. And I have a sad 62 airmiles that I'd be more than willing to give to you for your plane ticket to LA.

How about Charter buses? Some companies allow animals as a carry on, and some don't. Greyhound says they prohibit animals as checked luggage, but under their list of prohibited carry on items.. animals are not listed.

A w w w, thanks April, for the kind words and the kind offer.

Actually, you don't need a passport to drive across the border, yet. So if you're up for a trip to Seattle... we'll see if that's an option.

Alex, just to confirm there won't be a border issue for the rabbit(s)...

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/heasan/import/lag_e.shtml

Import of Pet RabbitsFrom the United States:

Domestic or pet rabbits imported from the United States must be presented to Canada Border Services Agency staff upon entry. The importation of pet rabbits does not require import permits or health certificates.

sas

My own little feelings when it comes to Sas and her bunnies is she would walk through a blizzard to make sure her bunnies have everything they need or to get them the help they need. She loves them with her whole heart, each for their different personalities.

Pipp:

I just checked out the Canadian Border Services Agency, and you're absolutely right!

It says you need a government issued photo ID, along with a birth certificate or a citizenship card. Vince doesn't have his birth certificate or a citizenship card, and my BC ID doesn't arrive for a month. [He also only has his N, if he were to cross back into Canada, would border officials care that he has more than one passenger?]

Ive taken rabbits from the US to Canada with no problem. I printed out the info from the website just in case they werent sure (so I could show proof they didnt need health certs etc). They just asked where I was going and if they were domestic and sentus on our way :)

PS. My flight attendant friend isnt actively doing flights. Shes going to ask around.

We just got two more rabbits in; that's 4 rabbits IN since Sunday.

Any locals willing to squeeze a bunny or two or seven in??? They are all good bunnies. . .needing a chance to live. :bunnydance:
:vomit:

The vomity guy is how I feel - have felt since Monday. We can't let them kill anyone and I don't know what to do.

Alex

I just sent this to our California members, hopefully they'll check in with some suggestions..

And arrgh, just realized theline about fostering the other bunnies in danger isn't in the email, rats! :grumpy:

------

Sorry for the mass email, I'm sending this to our California members.

I'm trying to adopt a little mini-rex named Scooter. He was surrendered to an L.A.-area shelter is stressed and aggressive. He's coming from a place where multiple rabbits are days away from being euthanised, so getting him to a new home will likely not only be saving his life, but another life -- he has a temporary placement at a rescue, and another rabbit in danger can take his place when he leaves.

Scooter is stressed when caged, and is very aggressive as a result. He has been deemed special needs, a difficult placement. I am willing to take Scooter and work with him, giving him free-run to help alleviate his cage, biting and stress issues. He doesn't have a lot of other options.

But... WE NEED TO GET HIM FROM THE L.A. AREA TO VANCOUVER, CANADA (or at least Seattle, I can pick him up from there).

Can anyone help?

Does anyone know anybody in the airline industry who can fly him here in the cabin? (He can't be shipped).

Is anyone driving this way? (Or part of the way?)

Can you contribute to a gas or flight fund? A donation to RO's rescue transport fund can
be made using the donation button on the site. (Or PM Haley).

If anyone wants a cheap Vancouver vacation and is willing to fly (or drive) with a little
bunny, I'll offer my home as a place to stay -- I'm only blocks from downtown, Stanley
Park, the beach -- and I'll feed you. Return flights can be had for not much more than a
couple hundred dollars. (PM Pipp).

If you want to bring a friend, even better -- you can also bring another rabbit from the
rescue -- and free up another space and save yet another life!

Here's the RO thread:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=37540&forum_id=7

Please help!

PS: The rescue, Zooh Corner in San Gabriel, really needs volunteers! Check them out at http://www.mybunny.org.

Rowan's baby boy is just adorable :shock:. He looks like my Harlequin mix...Mallory....that I adopted from Zooh Corner.

Mallory and Morgan came together...as "brothers". Not sure if you remember them or not. Beth, who lived in Buckeye, AZ...was their foster mommy.

ETA: p.s...

I asked a friend who has family (parents?) in Washington if she was heading up that way soon from Arizona. I thought I would give it a shot and ask. She is actually on the forum, as "WeLuffOurHeffaLump".

:)

If it helps, my family and I are leaving from Livermore (near San Francisco) CA to drive to Crescent City, CA on the Oregon border on July 31. We would be there by August 1. It is not the best solution because of the long drive and someone would have to get him to me in Livermore before we leave. Then someone would have to get him across Oregon and Washington. Let me know and we can find a spot for him in the car.

Sharon "Flopsy's Mom"

AAArrggh.. just posted and lost it when posting..

I'm going tomorrow to Pasadena to meet with Alex who is running this rescue and to finalize plans to get Scooter and another to Pipp in Canada through Alaska Airlines.

Cost is $190 to ship and am willing to ship other buns to anyone who can take one in, as they are 41 over their "Quota"..

We're a collective Village, so lets all get behind these buns and get them to a "Forever Home"..

Anyone can contact me at myoffice email [email protected] (have Blackberry attached to my hip 24/7) or by phone at 310-266-9960 and I'll work something out..

Give back and donate $5 bucks to San Gabriel Shelter - their over run at the moment and really need some help from us all.

I've posted on a couple differnet threads and am willing to go get Scooter and "friends" to send to Pipp from LA through Alaska Air Cargo (they keep a separate temprature controlled enviroment for animals to travel throug Cargo)..

The fare would be (minus the Customs charge which I've yet to figure out) would be $190 for the flight and not counting carrier - so if anyone wants to help offset the cost let me know how to go about it..

Donations or RO Donations perhaps could offset the charges - not sure how to set this up, but I know alot of you have done this previously,just let me know what I need to do..

I can meet the airfare but the carrier, food, customs charge might be more than I can grasp.. So people - talk to me and lets work something out for Scooter and other buns as well..:)

A w w w w, Julie, you're so awesome!!

:hugsquish:

(But I knew that anyway). :bouquet:

Are you still up? (Friday night and all). :yawn: I can give you a call. :phone:

sas :nod

Latest posts

Back