Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok you have the cutest bunnies and chinchilla, however Furrari is one hell of a scary looking cat! :shock:

She really is, lol. Its a lot worse in photos because she squints, but also in person she is a lot cuter. She is sucha sweetheart though.

So, I am excited. We are getting a hamster.
Its been awhile since Fatty (5 years old) and Fluffy (1 1/2 years) passed away.
James didn't want to get another but since we no longer have Miss Kitty or Simba (Was given to my mother) I have a "reasonable" amount of pets, lol.
I really love having a hamster around..
I think I am going to get another Syrian (Teddy bear) as long as it is a different color than fluffy.
:)

I realized I never posted photos of Fatty or Fluffy. I feel awful :(
In both of your memory. RIP. I miss you.

Mr. Fluffy Buns

Mr Fatty

And here is a photo of Mr. Butters, a 1 eye rescue dwarf that I got EXTREMLEY bonded to, only to have die 2 months later due to cancer. :(

I wish you luck getting another hammie.
Fluffy buns was a doll.

My life would feel incomplete without a hamster...
they are such surprising and rewarding pets imo.

Ahh Myia I absolutely LOVE your chinchillas I just think Chinchillas are the coolest animals EVER, There SO playful and they are just amazing to watch, I recently saw a litter(is that the right term?) of three chinchillas in the local petmania long story short I was tempted to get that female chinchilla but didn't because There was no female to get her as a friend, So instead I got 2 males, I feel sorry for her, They are just horrible with animals in there.

And Mr. Fluffy Buns looks like my very first hamster I just love the little bugger reminds me of Pebbles!

Yeah, James and I are convinced they would be the #1 pets in the world if they were just cuddly, lol.
Valentine is my evil, michevious little devil, but Casanova is my little sweet heart.
Which reminds me! Valentines birthday is Feb 7th! Coming up soon!

Well I got the cage today!! And let me tell you, FERRET NATIONS KICK ASS. It is so large and beautiful! I took photos of the cage comparison but the darn things didnt upload correctly.
I will take more photos when I get all the supplies in..
the shipping was extra fast so all the things I orderd to put in the cage have not arrived yet, lol.

Omg...Your hamsters were adorable!! :)Sorry for your loss. They have so many neat toys for them now a days. They didn't have stuff like that when I was a teenager. (*cough* 20 + yrs ago. LOl) I miss having a hamster. My little kids were afraid of them so we went with bunnies instead. :p

Well, we went and got my hammy. I was really in love with this pretty black and white one, but this big guy had been at the store a long time..which is bad news since he is older..but I just felt so bad. He is pretty friendly, just needs a tad bit of work. His name is Mr. Brownie

We also ended up getting Stella a new cagemate. Its been about 3 weeks since Artois passed. I didn't end up quarentine because I found out my extra bird cage was broken, but they are getting along great. She is pretty exotic too, she has a blue chest but the normal yellow/green back.

Ahh your new hamster and Budgie are so cute, I find my younger chinchilla to be quite friendly you just gotta wear him out before he'll stay still in your hands lol!

I've wanted a new Hammy for aaaages now lol! Your lucky :)

Congrats on your new additions! Very cute hamster! I had one before, she lived to be 4, and I just never got another once she passed away. I try to stick with pets with longer lifespans, because it just kills me when they pass.

Beatiful budgie! I'm glad they are getting along. My Dad's 15 year old budgie Toby passed awaylast year. He was an awesome little bird.

The chins are adorable! That's a pet I've never owned before. I hope to someday, but we don't really have the room for another huge cage right now.

Ack I would have freaked if my geckos went missing! I'm so glad you found them!! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures once you update their cages. I've been working on my cages too, but it's a slow process.

Dragonrain, I hear you. I almost didn't get another, but I love having them so much.

Well Paul, the cage was built and I got SOME supplies today..not the ledges just the toy making stuff and some fleece items. I spent a lot of money on wood on this order and I am SEVERLY dissapointed with what I got. Not worth the money. However, the toy making parts and the fleece tubes were a good price and quality.

Shelves should be here tomorrow..and I think I need to buy more things. This was kind of a starter package. Which makes me angry, because I just spent 130 on all those supplies, which granted some were toy supplies.

Well, as my box went to my landlords office, it said "Chinchilla" on it, and my office freaked out. Apparently I am not allowed to have chinchillas, even though NO WHERE on the lease it says chinchillas. So I was able to convince her (hopefully) that they are at my mom's, but I still buy thier items. She seemed to believe me. Its such bullshit..she said "Oh, well good. They are very destructive" YEAH LADY, LIKE YOU KNOW. She asked if they were caged. Well, duh. She probably was fed bullshit from the leasing agencey and this is what happens, ANIMAL IGNORANCE. Sigghhhh...but I do know I am not allowed to have rabbits..and I also need to pay a $300 NON REFUNDABLE pet deposit on my cat..which will not happen.

Also its "tornado" weather here in Az..of all my 19 years I have never seen it rain/wind this bad in arizona before. Its kind of scary. Hopefully everything is fine.

I also bought Brownie a larger cage (I have a hamster cage that is kind of a good starter cage I keep around). Its the same kind I had for my last syrian. But Brownie is so HUGE he dwarfs the cage..its 24in long by 13in wide by 13in tall. I got him some cute wicker toys too. Yes, if you look at the photo, the wheel is mesh, but I will cover it later. I don't know if I will get a large cage, the next size from this is pretty much $100 piggie cages. :/

Well here are some beginner photos.
Ferrent Nation Compared to old cage (Yes I looke like crap)

Top:

Bottom:

New toys I made:

I want to take out the middle part that seperates the level, but it took james so long to get it one (I wasn't there when he did it) he is complaining how he does'nt want to. Hopefully I can convince him.

Lady....you are TALL! I probably look like a midget next to my Critter Nation :p.

What did you do with the FN shelves? Do Chins not need them?

Your hamster sure is cute! I have never liked them because I've always been bitten by them. I hate unexpected pain and I hate blood....so I have stayed away from hammies, lol.

That is a big difference. Your new cage is really nice! :)

Mr. Brownie looks like my hamster I had in H.S. but it was a girl. Losing my hamster was devastating so I never got another one. He is soooo cute and he has a nice cage :)I love watching them run on the wheel. LOl

haha I am 5'8..so yeah I guess pretty tall :)
I usually wear wedges too..and rockabilly wedges..which make me usually 6 foot. I think I look a little taller because I am in front of the CN...in reality it reaches my chin. No, the shelves are made out of plastic which they can chew and cause impaction. I am getting all wood shelves (You will see in later photos when I get them)
Do you need them? I would be happy to give them to you, along with the ramps. I have no use for them.

My hamster never bit..esp syrians..they are gentle giants. :)

Thanks SweetSassy..yeah after dealing with 3 losses I still can't deny the joy of ownership. I wish I could rescue again, but I coudln't find any. :/

Latest posts

Back