Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love your blog! Awesome geckos! :inlove:

The broken blue lop you posted in your first post (sorry I don't remember what you said her name was?) reminds me so much of my Ziggy!

Ahh a hairless kitty, I'm jelous! My fiance is very allergic to cats and says he doesn't like them, so no kitties for me anytime soon. I've always liked the more exotic looking breeds, like Sphynxs and I loove Devon Rex! Can't wait to see pictures of your new addition.

Sphynxs and Devons are great for people with allergies. I severly want a Devon myself, but Furrari has Corona Virus, and can only be with other Corona Virus positive kitties :(
So that probably no other cats, ever. I contacted all the rescues and shelters but it seems they put down cats who have it because it is so contagious to other cats.

I don't think I could be with someone who didn't like cats..or a specific animal. I did it once, and we fought all the time. Not only that, but since I like "unusual" animals, I need someone understanding.

I have to restate, ENGLISH LOPS ARE THE BEST BREED EVER,
LOL.
He is just sooooooo goofy and friendly. He constantly pops up out of his cage and BEGS for attention.

But I found a problem with the breed: The poop. They have massive sized droppings, lol! Its dumbfounding!

In other news, I will be moving into a larger apartment either this summer or when my lease ends in November.
I am getting a dog with the new place!
I really want a dapple doxie:

Its my first choice. I love the doxie, and I LOVE thier dapple coat.

My second choice is a Chinese Crested, lol. They are super friendly, but I don't know if I want a super lap dog. Some of them are ugly, but usually if you have a good breeder you get a good looking dog.

Also, Artios the parakeet passed away. He was 4 years old and was a rescue that came to me..Stella is doing fine it seems but I know I have to get her another mate soon. RIP Artios :(

So if anyone is thinking of getting a Chinchilla, please read, lol.

I love my chins. Don't get me wrong, but man are they destructive. I opted out for the "Cheaper" way and bought a Super Pet cage..its really large (4ftx3ftx3ft) although a little on the smaller side for 2 chins (But adequate)

Well, first they broke the door that is on the top of the cage

Then Valentine (My naughty boy) chewed a bar on top that he can squeeze through to get out

They broke all the shelves and I have to replace them

Then finally the did the last straw and broke the connectors holding the cage together, and can escape

*sigh*

I should have invested in a Ferret Nation 142..which is what I have to buy now. I can't find one here in AZ so with shipping its $214..

So darn expensive. I will try to get picks of the damage.

I really want the Ferret Nation however..its solid heavy metal and right now the chins make A INSANE amount of noise jumpin the the super pet cage..and that doesn't happen in the ferret nation. So its def the best of the best..
and will look super nice.

But I also have to buy all new shelving and what not, which is about another $100 investment.

So $300 cage set up..Ugh...

Darn Chinchillas.

I feel your pain Myia my chinchilla's have chewed a hole in the base of there cage, Lucky I noticed it asap and went out and spent a fortune on toys to entertain them, And I had a spare piece of wood from a rabbit hutch the rabbits had chewed to bits lol, SO I just put that behind to make sure they can't escape!

I love them though, There extremely playful!

I'd also like a ferret nation but at the time, I wouldn't have been able to get the ferret nation and my pairing and the store would only sell them as a pair, The ferret nation I wanted was €300, I just had about €150 for the cage but luckily I got a nice size cage, But with a plastic base, To add if you wanna set your chinchilla's up properly make sure there is no Plastic in the cage!

Haha yeah...Well my fiance is very understanding about all my pets. He loves them too, some more so than others. He just isn't a big fan of cats. If we lived in a large house I'm sure he would tolerate one, but we live in an apartment and already have quite a few pets.

Here she is! She looks VERY MEAN but I swear she is as cuddly and warm as can be! She does have a watery eye right now due to the Corona Virus..but she is okay.
She is def my kind of ugly!

Oh, and I just spent $325 on the chinchillas new cage and accesories..they better freakin love it!!! lol!

Myia09 wrote:
Oh, and I just spent $325 on the chinchillas new cage and accesories..they better freakin love it!!! lol!
Oh how good of you, I'm planning on spending alot soon on some new rabbit hutches!

Can you explain what this Corona virus is?

OH YOU'RE SOOOO LUCKY YOU HAVE NO IDEA

I have talked to Lindsey before and I was going to get two torts from her but plans changed and I couldn't make the 20 hour drive. ): I check back at her site often to get my e-lop baby fix in.

and now your getting a sphynx! My dream kitty :) i have a breeder near me who offered me 800$ for a kitten who ear was torn really bad..like had half an ear. but omg..crazy expensive breed but i think their beautiful in thier own

and chinese crested are amazin dogs. my friend was a lil girl, pixie, who is such a little princess its funny but shes a great dog

Corona Virus is a highly contagious ailment that sometimes mutates itself to FIP-which is painful and lethal. Furrari has tested FIP negative, and most likely will not get it, due to the fact she is over 6 months. The cat leads a healthy normal life, but sometimes gets watery eyes.

But since it’s so contagious it is best she is left alone, as a single cat. Which does not bother me, although I would love another one. Furrari has in fact bonded to James more than me (Of course) which I think is funny.

As for adjusting, it’s been interesting. She is very vocal..and by that I mean TOO vocal. I am worried I will get an apartment complaint. She gets spayed on Monday, so I hope it helps. If not, we can't keep her.
She is just too vocal for an apartment. But today she has done super well, so it brings my hopes up high.

She gets along great with the other animals, except seems to look at my parakeet in the wrong way (But has not done anything)
Poor Chewbacca is scared out of her mind of Furrarri..I feel horrible. Sheriff and her however get along great. Chewbacca keeps “thumping” the ground and freaked out once when I tried to pick her up..since the rabbits are in the bedroom for the most part I will keep them separated, especially when we are out of the house.

In other news, I can't wait for the chinchilla cage. Now that I am over "Sticker shock" I am SUPER excited for them to have such an awesome cage. I will of course will post photos. I got a bunch of zebra print fleece items (Get it, they are black and white, lol) and some new shelves.

I also dyed my hair..to brown/black with blue peek a boo. My hair was done with the extensive every 4 week dying session, so I decided to take a long term break. But I couldn't just have normal hair..it bothers me too much, lol. So we added blue peek a boos, a whole lots less work. I am super pleased, and love the new look.

School starts Tuesday for me, and I am excited. I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday (Because I am a schedule genius) with relatively no gaps, except for 1 gap which is an hour long. I did very well last semester and I am very hopeful for this one.

It’s almost time to start breeding season for the leopard geckos..my tank accidently broke and I had to temp place a adult male with an adult female, and decided to keep them together. She is not ovulating however so no surprise eggs over here. I don't think I will have babies until mid summer unfortunately.

I am also in the process of trying to decorate my apartment, which while it is temporary I would like to get a few “detail” decorating out of the way, and so far it has been no luck. I tried a lot of places, I guess the style I have is just out of date/out of fashion. I did find some teal vases to go in my bedroom (Which is teal, white, and hints of purple) which worked out nice. My living room is black furniture with brown/gold/tan details..it mixes really well actually. As for my dining room, I have an authentic 50’s ice cream parlor table complete with pink chairs  but right now my dining space is so small I can’t really decorate.

Also, I don’t know if I ever mentioned having betas, but I have 4 males, one blue delta tail, one Black/red/blue halfmoon, one light blue/silver/white crowntail, and one is a all white normal. Unfortunately my 5th male, a silver and red half moon passed after only 8 months..I was pretty disappointed. I think it was the move that stressed him out. I really love betas. I have been involved in the aquarium business for over 10 years..it was my first break in the “scene” and actually raised Green Terror Chiclids and Jaguar Chiclids for show. I am now down to a puny 10 gallon goldfish tank, as apartments wont allow anything larger than a 20. My largest tank was a 300 gallon community tank with over 420 fish in it..it was beautiful. I no longer have photos (They were on a old photobucket account which is now deleted)

Well, enough with the long post. Goodnight!

What can I say? I love his ears.

He really loves climbing my back and horsing around with me

See, she is not so evil

Or is she?

And finally, my 9 WEEK old English Lop is larger than my 1 year old cat. Epic. (Don't worry it was supervised!)

Your cat reminds me of the episode from Friends when Jennifer Aniston bought home the scary looking cat!

Love the blue in your hair, do you color yourself?

For all who read the massive last post, Furrari is becoming more silent..but still needs improvement.
Her spay appointment is tommorrow, so hopefully she gets better. Its hard because we have become attached to her also.
I just checked and it seems my Ferret Nation will be here today or tommorow! Which totally blows since all of our tools are at James parents house, an hour away >.<
So I won't have the cage up until next Sunday. Sigghhh.
I will see if I can pester James enough to just assemble it with a regular screwdriver, not a drill..lol..
I am sure that will go over well..

thats great thats shes starting to quiet down :) shes so beautiful.

hopefully the spay helps and you dont have to rehome her. maybe shes lonely and thats why she cries? mine cries when she cant find me

Aw I hope you don't have to rehome her! I understand though...I had a heck of a time teaching my dog to be quite in our apartment. Maybe she'll stop being so loud once she's more adjusted to her new surroundings?

Well, she was spayed yesterday and so far so great!!!
She has calmed down bunches and it looks like we get to keep her :)
She still meows loud twoards the end of the night, but is getting better.

So, I get home from school today and was angry that it was raining and I couldn't stop to get crickets (The poor geckos have not eaten in 2 whole weeks due to the fact petsmart had no shipments..I went to 4 petsmart and finally got them yesterday) I was on my scooter, so it wasn't really an option for me.

I went to go check on the geckos and my Tremper Enigma and Sunglow were sharing on the bottom part of the stand I have, and both were MISSING!!!
The lid was halfway in the cage..So I am thinking Furrari got in and ATE the geckos..I start freaking out...Finally I turn to James and I see the Enigma right behind him in the kitchen. We then find the Sunglow under the fridge, both are safe thank goodness.
Were pretty sure what happend..Furrari is super curious about the geckos and must have tried to get on top of the lid or something, and it fell through (Which is my fault for not locking it) and the geckos climbed out.

Which brings me to the fact I am also re-doing my geckos cages to be really nice. Right now they have okay decor..mostly what is needed. They are also on paper towles because its easier to clean then reptile carpet.
But I will be putting tile down, and buying nice decorations or perhaps making some. I will of course post photos. :)

Well, James gets home today and guess where Furrari was? Lol, a picture says a million words :)

Well, she was spayed yesterday and so far so great!!!
She has calmed down bunches and it looks like we get to keep her :)
She still meows loud twoards the end of the night, but is getting better.

So, I get home from school today and was angry that it was raining and I couldn't stop to get crickets (The poor geckos have not eaten in 2 whole weeks due to the fact petsmart had no shipments..I went to 4 petsmart and finally got them yesterday) I was on my scooter, so it wasn't really an option for me.

I went to go check on the geckos and my Tremper Enigma and Sunglow were sharing on the bottom part of the stand I have, and both were MISSING!!!
The lid was halfway in the cage..So I am thinking Furrari got in and ATE the geckos..I start freaking out...Finally I turn to James and I see the Enigma right behind him in the kitchen. We then find the Sunglow under the fridge, both are safe thank goodness.
Were pretty sure what happend..Furrari is super curious about the geckos and must have tried to get on top of the lid or something, and it fell through (Which is my fault for not locking it) and the geckos climbed out.

Which brings me to the fact I am also re-doing my geckos cages to be really nice. Right now they have okay decor..mostly what is needed. They are also on paper towles because its easier to clean then reptile carpet.
But I will be putting tile down, and buying nice decorations or perhaps making some. I will of course post photos. :)

Well, James gets home today and guess where Furrari was? Lol, a picture says a million words :)

Latest posts

Back