Myia's Bunny Blog 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they fixed? While I can understand him having a friend, I would be concerned with add one with everything going on. It is an added expense and room should you end up having to move.

Yup that is why I didn't want post anything about it. I understand concern; but anyone knows that a pair is nothing more than 1 rabbit. It is virtually the same. Not to mention I previously posted that I had stocked up (I buy in bulk) all my items. And yes they are fixed.

The only reason why I am not making rent for May is because I am a junior in college and I am in school twice a week for almost 10 hours a day. Can't really work full time when half your work week is gone. School ends in 3 weeks. Myia starts working full time.

Just forget I said anything.

JadeIcing wrote:
Are they fixed? While I can understand him having a friend, I would be concerned with add one with everything going on. It is an added expense and room should you end up having to move.
And I am not moving. I am staying in the apartment as noted on FB. I am really in a bad mood right now, so i don't mean to come off rude. I am wanting to come off "Please respect my decisions and you should know I have best interest in mind."

I didn't go out looking for a rabbit. She came to me desperate; she has foreclosed on her home and is moving with her 3 children to an 2 bdrm apartment.

If I was really naive I would take all 3. And knowing how kinobe is, he may not even like any of them (or show promise) and I told her I couldn't unless they showed promise.

Have you considered getting a roommate that can help pay the rent? Maybe another student or something?

I hate seeing you having to live like this - but I do understand where you're at.

My prayers are with you..

I have too many animals for a roommate. Paying rent isn't an issue, like I said, I just need to be done with school so I can work!

Well, he seemed to do best with a BEW lionhead/mix with floppy ears. They just cuddled at the ladies house. But when we got home, in Kinobe's territory, he was more aggressive. So at first I was upset because I thought it would all be over!

But this morning we did a quick session in nueteral territory and it went well. He was a bit on the defense but no problems.

She on the otherhand has some human issues. She is very extremley skittish and thumps more than any rabbit I have ever met. I thought Anakin thumped alot. She has a bunch of fur in her face so I cut it so she could see, hoping that was partly the reason why she was so skittish. So not only is thier bonding between them, but serious bonding issues between us!

She is very cute and I hope it works out. But if it doesn't work out with Kinobe...I have a fleeting suspicion Chewy and Anakin would welcome her in just fine :)

I was going to say...it sounds early on to have her in Kinobe's territory already. I would keep things in a neutral area for awhile first.

My Barnaby is like that - very nervous/skittish and thumpy. He still thumps a ton and will never be the friendliest rabbit in the world towards humans, but he's very happy with his bunny friends and has gotten friendlier since we got him.

Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her. What's her name?

Well he is territorial of the house is whst I meant....:) she is in a cage in the hallway and he wasn't happy about it

Okay guys :) We did a bonding session last night in a neutral territory and it went pretty well. He will lunge/bit her (not hard) but that is it. No humping or chasing. It is weird!

Photos!
IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

After a hair trim:
IMG_1755.jpg

Way too freaking cute! Good thing you are so far or there would be a bunnyknapping for sure! :inlove:

Hopefully Wyatt will realize he is a gentleman and welcome her home :)

JadeIcing wrote:
LOL I said she looks like the white version of Wyatt. He is blue.
Ohhh YOUR Wyatt LOL.

Well, bonding is going GREAT :toast:

So great, the past FOUR hours they have been best friends..even in HIS territory!
I DO have pictures, and a video (or two) but I am at a public lib and can't post them..will have to wait for tomorrow!

Story: We have been doing twice daily bonding sessions in a nueteral space (my bedroom)

So at first he would raise his tail and try to nip her. Then after a while of that, they started sitting together. Well, she is really skittish so sometimes what I knew where gestures from Kinobe of love; she was scared (probably because just earlier he was trying to nip her! lol)

But then...they where in her litterbox (in the crate) snuggling! Then, after hours (about 3) of that, I went to go put him back into his room, and her have space of the hallway/my bedroom...well I saw they were lying at the door for each other..

So I took a big RISK...a naughty risk (experienced bunny people will hate me for this) but I let her in the room with him. After about 2 seconds of Kinobe freaking out (but not attacking her) he became calm. Right now they are in the maze haven relaxing together!

Amazing huh? I am going to go ahead and move her crate into the room for awhile and see if it keeps going well :)

So happy!

Latest posts

Back