Myia's Bunny Blog 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So because I have Shelter Care insurance I got a really good deal from pet tango..I got all these toys for $7. They are usually $5-$6 in the stores each.

So far Wyatt really loves the Whirly Gig. He has been playing since I opened the box :)

He really doesn't like the wiggle worm.

You can see he was very excited about the toys...you can see his paws in the picture :)

As for the fishes, Kinobe likes the fabric fray and is chewing on them, lol

cattoys.jpg

So I paid Wyatts bill with some care credit and some out of pocket...then I realized that it is Kinobe's gotcha day next friday! I had some credit on my last credit card...ugh. I spent it ALL. I really need to stop. :/ I am spending way to much :(

BUT needless to say Kinobe was spoiled rotten. I mean spoiled.

He got a large unpeeled willow tent and a unpeeled willow tunnel. He loves willow and I thought it would be nice for him. I bought a little willow star to hang from the tent.

Then, I ordered a couple willow rings (For kinobe and the chins) and a mini bale of oat hay because Chewy loves oat and it is waaay cheaper to order online.

Well usually I get excited...but my bank account is so deleted all I am doing is sulking, lol.

Chewy's stitches are almost gone. She healed so fast! She was more active today so she got to get out with Anakin. She is eating too, not as much as she normally does, but almost there.

Wyatt has been taking his antibiotics very well. I am so proud of him! He already has pretty much stopped sneezing.

Sounds like things are going well. :)

Wyatt is doing a ton better, his eye was still a little "Sick" looking (but not wet) but there has been no sneezes.

He also takes his medicene like a champ! I have no problems giving it to him!

Chewy is pretty much back to normal and it has only been 3 days! Her and Anakin are getting free time together but I am going to house them seperate for the next couple days still.

So far she still isn't using the litter box however. C'mon Chewy! This was the thing I was most excited for!

Has anyone seen the hopper hideaway?
http://www.catsandrabbitsandmore.com/hopperhideaway

I am totally dying to get one now! I think I am going to get Chewy one for her gotcha day in June.

Thanks Erika!

So within the next month I am getting my hamster tattoo finished. I have a cartoon hamster on my foot, and i'll be getting it colored in (it's a winter white hamster) and next to it will be a cartoon chinchilla. I am adding some blue in the background (Just to fill it in)

and above them it will be a banner that says "Rescue"

I am super excited! I have had this tattoo for 3 years and been waiting to figure out what to do with it, lol!

Hey guys. I no longer have a computer at home, so my only access is when I am at my mothers!

Updates..
Wyatt didn't need to go on another round of antibiotics. He is no longer sneezing, no eye drainage, and his nose is clear.

I really spoil this little guy. Since Wellness subtracted thier wet food, I have to keep him on Avo Derm wet food right now. I have about 2 months worth, then I can switch to Wellness. Wyatt only likes Avo Derm's Oceanfish (They only offer 2 kinds) and I think he will benefit from Wellness's variety of wet food.

I did buy him some of those "Healthy indulgences" Wellness packages with the gravy. He gets one a week on Fridays (Replaces his normal wet food) as a special dinner ;)

Well on Friday when I gave him his special dinner, about 2 hours later I made myself some food in the mircowave. He thought he was getting something so he kept meowing and meowing. I sat down on the couch and my leg/foot was dangling off. He jumped on the couch after my food and when he realized it wasn't for him he jumped off..and attacked my foot! He grabbed it with his claws and bit my toe!

What a spoiled brat huh?!

Chewy is pretty much 100% stiches almost gone. Not using the litter box, but I am still working on it.

It was Kinobe's gotcha day on Friday! 1 year!

Yup! I posted earlier what I got for him. We haven't recieved our package yet, but I am hopeful we will get it by the end of the week.

Chins are good, mice/hammies are good, and the geckos are good.

Yesterday we went to the Glendale Invintational for PBR...I wasn't exactly excited to go,but the bulls were kept in ok conditions. There was things I really did not like though. :/

Well until next time!

Do you have one of those days where all your animals drive you nuts? UGH.

First, Wyatt locked himself in Kinobe's room last night. The geckos/hamster/mice are in there too so he likes to watch them. Well I thought I made sure he was out, but he wasn't! So he spent from about 12:30 pm until 6:30 am in there. I woke up (Only a half hour early) to hear him meowing. I was so angry!

THEN I finally made the 2nd bedroom into Kinobe's room. But we still have to have the bed in thier for when Jame's dad stays over (It is an air bed too)

Well Kinobe has decided to poop and pee on it. The poop does not bother me, it is the peeing! Now I have to wash all the bedsheets before his dad finds out.

I have to comission James to go find cardboard boxes we can put up between the bed/NIC panels to prevent him from jumping on there.

The funny thing is, he is still using the litter box. Yesterday we switch him to a super large one from bunny luv rescue (in CA) and he is in fact still pooping and peeing in it.

Then FedEx told me my binky bunny package would be here yesterday, but it hasn't even left CA. I know they had a family emergency, but they shipped my package 5 days later then thier website said. So it is a pretty late package.

Here are some photos of the set up for the bedroom. The Reptile cages will be gone soon as I am buying wall shelves for them

Photo0347.jpg

Photo0348.jpg

You can see the NIC panels prevent him from going under the bed. We just need to wedge in something high enough to keep him off the bed.

Then I got some cute stuff from Target:

A bowl (We are using it to hold our keys)
Photo0350.jpg

Then this cute little magnet with notes. The magents say "they call it bunny love" "Hoppy day" and "Hop to it"
Photo0352.jpg

On Tuesday James and I had a wonderful day. We went to the Desert Botanical Garden, out to eat, to the movies, and out to eat again! We got student discounts and AAA discounts at the Garden, so we got in cheap. And we got into the movies for $4 for the both of us! The Botanical Garden was nice. They have a butterfly exhibit, and I was able to take this really awesome photo:

232323232fp_4_nu323____3_268_WSNRCG3464__9_733_nu0mrj.jpg

I thought it was pretty cool. Well, that is all for now!

The Botanical Garden sounds nice :) We had one of those really close to where I use to go to college and I always enjoyed visiting.

The bunny stuff is cute and Kinobe must be loving his new room! Ah air mattresses and bunnies don't mix well though...Chris and I use to have to sleep on an air mattress and the bunnies kept putting holes in it. Could you just get more NIC panels and make the fence around the bed go up higher?

What kind of shelves are you getting for the lizard cages? Post pictures when you get them all set up! I'd love to get some kind of wall shelving to hold my tanks but I'm always so paranoid that they'll fall or something.

I don't have any more NIC panels and I need it to be able to be temporary so when his dad stays over we can remove them. :/

He peed on the mattress yesterday though and I am running out of options. I have to drive around today and find some tall cardboard boxes to fence him out.

He is using the bed solely as the litterbox of his choosing.

And it is SO frustrating because I am TRYING to do a nice thing for him and he is MESSING IT UP! I know that sounds insenstive but that is what it is :(

If the boxes don't work, he can't stay in the bedroom. :/

I also got my order, and both my willow tent and tunnel where severly bent. I was able to get the tent to stand up and be in halfway working shape, but the tunnel is still so oval Kinobe can't use it. Quite dissapointed.

willow.jpg

I am using white metal ones you get from wal mart. Lots of people use them with no problems! :)

You should check out a Sam's Club or a Costco for cardboard boxes, they might have some insanely huge ones that you can just have....like the ones that are 5+ft x 5+ft squared that hold pillows or dog beds or something.

I love the bunny room, by the way! And the new kitty is just precious! Where did you get him that kitty tree/house?

I actually got it at Ross for only $25! It was a pretty good deal. They have 2 other styles as well, but I am glad I waited because Wyatt isn't a scrather at all.

My mom works at Lowe's so she is looking to getting me some too. I hope I can get them soon because I can't have him ruin the mattress :(

Wow...that is an amazing price for a kitty tree. I want one for my kitties, but Tibi isn't a jumper and I don't know how much it will be used by Juju. I play with my kitties a lot with a laser pointer and they get cat nip inside of easter eggs and such....but sometimes I wish I had more stimulation for them. Juju loves to look out the window, but I wish I could have a "cat yard" - maybe when I move to Austin and we get a house there.

Awesome that your mom works and Lowe's and might be able to hook you up with boxes! Can she get you free cardboard carpet rolls (for tunnels), too?

Yeah it was really good. They had one that was just a house too that wasn't far off the ground. Wyatt doesn't like any of those..he only likes plush mice. I bought him a ton of toys and the little .99 cent mice is all he plays with. We also have that tunnel (its like a dog agility tunnel) we were using for the rabbits but Wyatt prefers it much more!

My next toy idea is getting one of those that "chirp" or "squeak" and see how he likes those.

I never thought about asking for carpet rolls! Daaaang! I'll have to ask!

I forgot to take photos of the new pen for Kinobe :p
Basically I had 1 level NIC "pen" to keep him from going under the bed. So I added 1 1/2 more pens and so far it has kept him off the bed! Yay!

Good news about the willow tent and tunnel...Binky Bunny is actually sending me replacement ones! I am extremely happy at such great customer service :) The tunnel is (afer more bending) big enough for Chewy/Anakin but still too bent for Kinobe.

Anakin LOVES the tunnel!
Photo0358.jpg

Photo0361.jpg

Photo0362.jpg

Because the tent narrows in teh middle, Kinobe doesn't really use it, but someone else has started to:
Photo0363.jpg

LOL. I will problably give the bent ones all to Chewy/Anakin and Kinobe the new, non bent ones. :)

I am actually going to place an order with them again around the 15th of April because I am so happy with thier response.

I usually only have my camera phone, but I stumbled across this photo I took for possibly adopting a partner for Kinobe from Brambley Hedge. It's what Chewys/Anakins night time pen looks like. Nothign special, I just htought I would share a clear photo

IMG_1608.jpg

Errr I am kicking myself in the butt! I meant to order some whole chamomile flowers and roses for hay toppers, but instead ordered dandilion leaves instead of the chamomile! :p

I don't have enough money to order them seperate either. Poo. I mean, I am sure it is just fine but still!

Latest posts

Back