Myia's Bunny Blog 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should love them.

Fat hammie photo! For those who don't know, before I got him he had a bad case of the mites he never in some places recoverd from. He is also very old, so you can see his fur is thinning.
IMG_1609.jpg

I thought this was too adroable:
IMG_1610.jpg

And look at Bowie! He has grown so much! His kink still has never bothered him.
IMG_1624.jpg

Aww love the pictures.

Del Mar (crested gecko) passed away today. 2 days ago, I found him really sick out of the blue. He was fine a day earlier. I put him in a smaller cage, forced some water, fed baby food (a sweet favorite) and as I thought he was getting better, today he had a pretty bad seizure and passed away.

I was going to take him to the vet today too as it is the first and I got paid, it was just too late. :(

RIP little guy

Sorry about Del Mar. :(

Haven't been on for a bit....can't b/l how big Chewy and Kinobe are getting!

Thanks guys :( I was hoping not to have any losses this year.

I called the vet to cancel and there were a couple things that could I have happened. I switched him from paper towel to coco bark in January (late) to see if that would help with humidity. Then last week I ran out of saran wrap that I wrap half his lid in to ensure humidity so he probably had a lack of humidity. I was still misting everyday and he had a water bowl, so I am not sure what is up. Just literally 2 days before he got sick I saw him eating some of his CGD.

The temps here in AZ have been fluctuating a lot (From 70's to as high as yesterdays temp of 99) so that might have been it too, although the room is kept pretty ambient.

Right now its 7am and I have to drive to phoenix (Its a long drive for me, I have been taking the freeway to get to work, but this is about 30 mins of solid freeway, and major ones at that) to get my a/c fixed by the guy who I bought it from.

Then I am on call to work for my old company. It is nice, because you get $50 for just being on call, and if you do work, you get paid time and a half. However, I really don't have the energy to work..even though I really desperately need the money. Not to mention it is attendant care (elderly) and I am hoping I don't get a male (Caphetors Sp?)

Everyone is doing really good though, Wyatt is being a terror though..naughty little boy I tell you.

The buns are doing much better with timothy as their staple with oat as a morning treat. Much more poops actually.
Chewy is mostly pooping (about 70%) in the litterbox too. I bought a new litterbox that was 2 inches bigger with huge sides because I would catch her peeing in the box, but it would land outside of it.

I am hoping it will be soon she is using it more fully. But already the cleaning is better.

Sorry about Del Mar. :( *hugs*

Ugh men..need I say more? I just had a old guy friend text me..and manage to turn the nice chit chat into a gross sexual innuendo. Now for the weird silence he is going to have when I realizes I am not going to respond :p

I used to think he was a good guy..until I found out (after a month earlier telling me he wasn't attracted to her) that he slept with my friend Annie who is engaged. Him and Annie dated in junior high, so there was some weird tension because him and Annies finance are in a band together (it is how they met) So yeah.

Anyways,

Wyatt LOVES his new blue buffalo wet food! Good Bye Avo Derm! He ate it all in one sitting; it took him a long time (hours) to eat all the Avo Derm. It also a nicer color ,and has some juices.

I made some Potato salad for the hamsters, but I am going to post a thread on it on the off topic, since that gets more traffic :)

I thought I might have to take my sister's syrian hamster to the vet..my sister (who is only 10) described some scary teeth problem but I checked her and they are 100% normal, and she is acting very normal.

Arizona Exotic Animal Hospital was very nice and even gave ma phone consultation.

Everybody else is doing fine :)

Hey did you rehome the aft boy yet?

James moved out :( He packed most of his stuff and left tonight.

This puts me in a really tight situation.. financially I won't be able to make it at all. But I know I will work it out somehow. :/

We discussed moving into a 1 bedroom if my apartment complex let me, but I don't think it is possible because if I did, I don't think I could keep Kinobe. He fights so much with Anakin I don't think I could put them back in a 1 bedroom. So I really have to try hard to keep this 2 bedroom :(

But rent is really hard to make..if I don't get more hours at work, I would have to use ALL of my paychecks to pay just rent! I only right now make $375 every 2 weeks, my rent is $650 for just rent and water. Electricity is separate. I still am paying of my insurance and truck, have $250 in credit card bills...Sooo yeah.

I will probably need to donate plasma again, which I am technically not allowed to do anymore. But I get $25 each time I do it, and you do it twice a week. That $50 week can make ALL the difference. I will probably be going in on saturday and monday's to do it.

Thank goodness I am stocked up on all the animal stuff right?

I know things will work out..just have to keep that in mind.

I'm sorry Myia. :(If you think the one bedroom appartment can help, when I was in my small appartment, I built the NIC cage upwards. It was quite tall and I split it in two and each half had 2 levels, permiting me to keep buns separately in that cage. I think that if it can really help you a lot to get a smaller appartment, don't lose hope. That's the advantage of NIC cages, they are very versatile. :)*Hugs*

I'm sorry. That must be so frustrating! My sister is actually in a very similar situation right now - is there anyway you can maybe get some kind of assistance to help for awhile? I know some people don't like doing that...but my sister just started getting food stamps which has helped a lot because at least she doesn't have to worry about how she'll pay the food bills now. She has two kids and makes just enough money to pay the rent every month, not the bills or anything else. I don't know how she does it sometimes, but she seems to be making things work out. I'm sure you will figure something out too!

You couldn't separate them in different rooms in a 1 bedroom apartment? Like maybe keep Kinobe in a random room like the kitchen or something, then don't give the other two access to that room?

That's what I did in the last apartment but it was sonstressful and cramped :( I will hopefully figure it out. I did apply for food stamps so hopefully that happens :(

Everything is so hard right now

*hugs* A text away if you need to vent.

Oh where to start...
Well, the same day James left me, my truck got a flat. The valve was broken. Turns out ,all 4 tires are messed up. All different sizes, one was 2 sizes too small for the rim. All separated, 1 separated off the rim. Bent rim. Thankfully I qualified for their credit card and I have six months to pay it off.

Getting used to dealing with the loneliness better; getting used to it. Wouldn't say I am exactly enjoying it, but getting used to it.

Been trying to make money...it is tough because I have school and it impedes when I can work. I have May's rent covered, just need to concentrate on getting full time hours for June's rent.

Not to cause chaos, but my friend is re homing 3 of her female rabbits. I told her if Kinobe likes one of them, I'd take her. So tomorrow Kinobe might have a girlfriend.
I will let you know if it happens.

Latest posts

Back