Myia's Bunny Blog 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slavetoabunny wrote:
Do you have a feed store near you that carries Oxbow? They can order larger quantities in for you. Our feed store gets us 50 lb. bags for around $43.
I don't really need the 50lb bag, esp since I am not using it for both the chins and rabbits anymore. But I will call my local store, because they might. I much rather support a bunny business though..only because all the feed stores here sell live animals. Mesa Feed Barn didn't (The main one I go to) but now they sell chicks and what not. I am sure bunnies are next.

I guess I should also post a personal update? lol.

So, my life has been hectic. In January, my scooter was STOLEN. Yes, stolen. I have been without a vehicle since. I was so angry and upset. The worst part is, they did it in a 1 hour time line. We saw the scooter, then an hour later I went to walk to the gym and it was gone.

But, it turned into a semi good situation in which my mother gave me some money to buy a car. I got myself a '95 Toyota pick up (Those small dinky trucks) for 1300.

The problem is, I still can't drive it since I have to wait for my tax return to pay insurance, AND it is clutch..and I have to learn clutch. But it was pretty much all I could afford.

The truck is a bit beat up, but nothing bad. I did get 2 rabbit bumper stickers. One says "My rabbit is smarter than your honor student" and the other is the family like you see on most cars, but mine is 1 girl and 3 bunnies :)

I also got a car magnet that is a paw and it says "Who rescued who?"

The truck is grey, but the front portion is like a primer grey. I was telling my mother I am going to paint zebra stripes on it. And, in all honesty, I am not joking! Zebra truck!

Then, James and I split up, sorta kinda. Were in this weird process of "not being together" but "Trying to work on it" but not really. If that doesn't make sense, welcome to my confusion. We did split up completely for awhile. It has been really hard, but there has been too many issues. He is still living with me until March 1st until he can find a place of his own. Which complicates things further. But were trying..we will see how things work out.

It is in fact why I decided to get a cat, just to let you know. LOL.

As for my job, my client has been extremely behavioral. So much we are going to try to switch providers to see if that helps. It really doesn't have anything to do with me..some children just get too comfortable with one provider then act out. Once I get the truck and start driving I should also start picking up some more hours at work, which I need.

I have an insane amount of school work. I am full time at the university. All of my classes but one are senior history classes. That means a lot of reading! And writing! My fourth class is a theory class, but we literally have about 50 pages plus of reading each week...and it is extremely in depth (It is again a senior women study class)

Then I have to take my language at the community college since ASU doesn't offer it at a time I can take. So I am more than full time (16 credits)

I am taking Sign Language. I need it for my job, as well as I plan to try to become fluent for future needs. So far I have been pretty good at learning, although I know I could be better.

With 5 classes, it is hard to distribute time. Esp since my language class only meets 1 a week. But it is going well.

I met another bunny person in one of my classes. Her and I are like peas in a pod! She is a lot of fun and has been making life a lot easier! It is nice to have someone to relate to.

Well I think that is it..lol in the whirwind of my life! :)

Very late, but here are some pictures of the animals with their Christmas presents! :)

Kinobe did get more toys I promise, but for whatever reason I never uploaded the photos from them.

132009_1618869085178_1639937752_1432530_6598120_o.jpg

132829_1618873805296_1639937752_1432536_1835795_o.jpg

132829_1618873845297_1639937752_1432537_557948_o.jpg

134442_1618857844897_1639937752_1432521_5800270_o.jpg

This wasn't a Christmas present, but I did buy them this awesome tree a couple weeks ago. It is a big hit with everyone.
chewy-1.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your scooter! That stinks! I hope the police finds it for you and its still in good shape. I know AZ has a lot of auto theft. My family is all car people (own dealerships etc) so I hear all kinds of interesting stories when it comes to auto theft.

Also I hope things work out with you and James, maybe you two just need some space? So him moving into his own place might be a good thing for you two.

Your chins are adorable! And so are your buns I love Anakin! His fur really gives him such a cute lovable appearance.. I just want to hug him lol.

Yeah, its been over a month so were not hopeful :/ The area in which I live isn't very crime ridden (Although I admit it isn't the best by far)

Yeah I love Anakin! I am always trimming his fur to keep it out of his eyes.

Right now, his angora fur is lining (literally) the carept and anything fabric. Like a literal layer. It is insane!

I got some kitty pictures :)
176553_1711794048244_1639937752_1601145_4700445_o.jpg

Photo0223.jpg

Haha so you get him gender confused too! lol! His original name was Sugar..which adds to it I think ;)

Poor kitty always gets called a girl! lol!

In other news,
I am tired of telling people how to take care of exotics..there are simple rules you do have to follow (especially with non mammals) and if you don't follow them...
Well guess what! They die!

I feel it is BECAUSE they are non-mammals they get treated this way. If we saw a rabbit being taken care of improperly, we would say something. But if a reptile or a fish is, we can't say anything. Or if we do, we get ignored.

I wish I had the power of Ren (RandomWhitaker) and everybody would listen to me :p

Too many animals die because people are lazy, impatient, greedy, I don't know all the adjectives to describe them.

It is really bad with reptiles I think...I mean..there are pretty much a set of rules to follow..hot/cold side..heating...bedding...food...tank size...hides...check? Ok if you got those down most likely your reptile will be fine! So why do people insist not following it?

.... Cause they are stupid and know all....

Myia09 wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
Do you have a feed store near you that carries Oxbow? They can order larger quantities in for you. Our feed store gets us 50 lb. bags for around $43.
I don't really need the 50lb bag, esp since I am not using it for both the chins and rabbits anymore. But I will call my local store, because they might. I much rather support a bunny business though..only because all the feed stores here sell live animals. Mesa Feed Barn didn't (The main one I go to) but now they sell chicks and what not. I am sure bunnies are next.
My feed store fortunately sells no live animals. They do sell the 10 lb. bags of Oxbow for $8.99. If the feed store carries any Oxbow products at all, they will usually order in anything you want. Mine ordered the apple-banana critical care I needed for Sparky.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Myia09 wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
My feed store fortunately sells no live animals. They do sell the 10 lb. bags of Oxbow for $8.99. If the feed store carries any Oxbow products at all, they will usually order in anything you want. Mine ordered the apple-banana critical care I needed for Sparky.
Yeah that is cheaper. I forgot to call today. I def need to call.

So I am also trying to get all the rabbits to eat more greens. So far, it has been no luck. I bought some organic baby spring mix and cilantro. Chewy took a couple nips but that was it. :/

veggies.jpg

I also got these awesome towels and oven mit from target!

ovenmits.jpg

And, in bigger news, I may become a foster mommy for Rascally Rabbit Rescue here in Mesa! :)

Yup! I think I have to fill out the application. After fostering Padme, I realized it is a good option now that we have such a big place. I am really excited! :)

I feel so bad that I gender confused Wyatt! I'm Sorry! >_< He is indeed a pretty kitty.

I love the new oven mitts and cloths ^__^ I want a set

Aw Chewy doesn't like greens? Crazy bunny! My buns go nuts for greens.

The towels and oven mit are awesome! I found really cute bunny kitchen towels on an online store the other day but didn't buy them because our kitchen has a frog/jungle theme and I don't think the bunny stuff would look so good in there lol.

Exciting that you might start fostering! I wish I could, but the last time we talked to our landlord about it he wasn't too keen on the idea. Someday when we can buy our own place I definitely want to foster.

Well the greens last night were gone, and the morning greens were gone in an hour. They are getting used to it. They are only getting 1/8 of a cup of pellets. That isn't going so well. I feed at night and they are gone by the morning. But after all my research says that is really the way to go.

If you free feed I strongly suggest you stop! The RO library has a lot of good information why. I can't believe how unhealthy it is..but it's common place.

It's amazing how many different ways of care there are. I am just trying to do what is best.

So, my mother received a dog from her friend. It's a lapso apso and chuiwawa mix. I prob butcherd the spelling lol!

We got into a yelling fight in petsmart over food. She wAnts to buy cheap corn food. I finally convinced her to buy wellness.

Tomorrow we go to get the rest of his supplies. I will get some photos.

I feel like it was I got a dog LOL

My mom got mr a t shirt that says "rescued is my favorite breed" it is really cute :)

Oh my god! Everyone needs to go to Big Lots! They have TONS of rabbit things! I only got some (my mom got me most of it) I gotta go back and get a few more things, but I think I am going to go back after easter and see what is for sale then. But there are just a couple things I need to have ;)

Here are these adorable signs I got!

Photo0270.jpg

Photo0271.jpg

And a few more random things.

Photo0272.jpg

Photo0273.jpg

LOL Target is exploding all over.

Ahhh Alicia..that is where I got my oven mits and towels. Maybe I should avoid the area...I really don't have the money LOL. I am going to put some "spending money" aside for after easter sales ;)

So I bought Wyatt a really awesome light up cat ball. It lights up when you touch it. OF COURSE he ignores it!

But it gets worse! I have a 3 level cat house..he ignores it

1 level cat house..ignores it

I have the feathers/toys on the end of the stick thing..ignores it.

Cat scratcher..ignores it

Catnip..ignores it

Laser pointer..ignores it

0.99 cent mice...goes nuts.

Hahahaha. It is like REALLY WYATT? What kind of cat are you?

A butt I say ;)

So, feeding greens twice a day looks like it is costly after all..lol. It looks like we will go through the $6 (and $1 of parsley I add) tub of spring mix every week. Thankfully I bought two, which is what I will have to do.

I am upset however, that I bought some feline pine at petsmart because I simply CAN'T find it in cheap bulk here in the desert.

Well it was 9.99 and I bought two bags. In the end, I only "bought one" because they have a rebate going on.

But at Walmart it was only 8.30! That is a lot of money in the end! They even had 13.7 lbs of Yesterday's News for only 5.36 or something. I feel ripped off. It doesn't matter this time since I am doing the rebate, but still!

:)

Latest posts

Back