My Mom is in Hospital

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry to hear this! Besides her physical discomfort how is she coping otherwise?

Oh Jan - you have been given more than you fare share of misery; sometime life really sets you up for trial after trial as if its a marathon. At least this happened at your house where you can take care of your Mom, and wonder why they wish your Mom to be at home (assuming alone) to recover when she could be with you and the Hubby? Seems like that would be more cost-effective to her insurance company.

Hope your Mom starts to knit back together and hang in there!

Sorry I haven't updated sooner - thank you all for your concern :hug:

My mom is fine in herself - apart from a lot of pain, which is being managed with meds. She is having physio, and does a few steps along the corridor with a walker. We were there yesterday when they checked the operation site, and she has 30 staples from below the knee down her shin. It looks good, and there is no sign of infection, and they are really pleased with it.

She had a lovely suprise from Stan (Pet_Bunny). He and his family sent a beautiful basket of flowers, and then he visited her, and brought her a Webkinz bunny (who she named Pebbles :)). He is so kind and thoughtful :)

Julie - she will be going straight into another hospital when she gets home, to continue with rehab. I have 3 brothers, and the youngest drives patients to and from hospital in an ambulance, so he is used to moving injured people. If she was a Canadian resident, she would have gone into rehab here, until she can cope on her own.

She was supposed to be going back to the UK tomorrow, and the Insurance company were sending out a nurse. However, they called last night and said the airline (Air Canada) had refused permission fnor Monday (no reason given) and now it looks like it will be Thursday - unless they refuse again on Tuesday!!! I don't know if my mom knows yet, but she was all set yesterday to go on Monday, so I will have to break the news to her when we go today :(

John and I are really worn out. I have come out in a rash on my chest and face, probably due to stress. It didn't help that John got called into work at 3 am :X. We are falling asleep in the chair on an evening.

So, that's what's happening up until now. We are getting ready to go to the hospital. I am posting the photo Stan took of my mom, with her flowers and Pebbles .

Jan

3fc0MZuAxJCRO0WOsyhfMdlIMGtBwK62OE2Av4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

:bunnybutt::hello

Hi Jan, I can't beleive your Mom is 84. She looks really good even as she's sitting in a chair in a hospital. Honestly I would give her early 70's.

I really hope she fells better soon and will come back for a visit so you can show her around "Beautiful Canada":Canada small:

I hope your rash gets better real soon too.

Susan:hugsquish:

Oh Jan, I can't imagine how this must be affecting you.I so wish that we could fix all this for you.:(

At least your mum is in good spirits and is getting the verybest love and care (from you and John of course:)). I'm wishing her the very best recovery and I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way Jan. :hug:

Aww your mom is beautiful. And those flowers are beautiful too. Stan is such an amazing person!

Im sorry to hear youre not feeling well, Jan. You must be so stressed out with everything you've been through recently. I know I speak for so many members here when I say I wish I could be there to give you a big hug.

Youre all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your mom has recovered a little by Thursday and has a safe flight.

Haley

SOOOSKA wrote:
:bunnybutt::hello

Hi Jan, I can't beleive your Mom is 84. She looks really good even as she's sitting in a chair in a hospital. Honestly I would give her early 70's.

Definetly - Hope your luck starts improving and hope she feels better soon.

Becca:p

We have got the go ahead for her to leave on Thursday. A nurse is flying out from the UK on Wednesday, staying overnight, and they fly back Thursday evening in to Heathrow. From there, she will be in an ambulance back to Newcastle (anything from a 4-6 hour journey) and go into hospital there for rehab.

She is improving daily, but yesterday was a bit upset about all the things we never got to do/see (so was I :(). I hope we get the opportunity to do them in the future.

I told her about your compliments on her looking younger - she said she feels a 100 at the moment :p. The nurses have been wonderful, and she wants to take them back to the UK with her to look after her :D.

Jan

My mom is back in the UK :(. She flew last night with a wonderful nurse, and will be arriving at her UK hospital in Newcastle some time soon.

I'm pleased her journey is over, but I wish her trip had been less traumatic, and we could have had time together. Don't know when I'll see her again :(

Jan

I am glad to hear from Jan that her mother arrived safely by plane and will be a few more hours by ambulance to Newcastle. She is a great lady and very popular with the hospital staff.

I am sure she will return to visit again when she has healed.

Im glad to hear your mom made it off okand that she had someone with her on her journey. Let us know how shes doing once she gets home. I know it must be killing you to not be able to be there with her.

Aww Mom's are such problematic dependents! They don't listen, they think they know everything.. LOL! I only say this as I had the opportunity to spend the weekend with my Mom who is 79 and she is very opinionated (sp?) at her age (as she should be).. Its funny how the "care-giving" changes that "we" the children are now the ones with all the concern for the parents and its causes (at least me) such anxiety..

But, I also realize, that our Parents are a "hearty" bunch and can weather injuries and surgeries (you pray) but it does make you feel very vunerable.

Your Mother looks to be the "hearty" (and cute as a bun)type,barring the short visit and injury she looks to be "good to go"..

Hang in there and PLEASE update as to how she is doing back in the UK and let her know so many of us are thinking of her..

How's your mom doing? I'm so glad she got home safely. I bet she's so relieved to be backhome. The pic of her in the hospital is beautiful, she's gorgeous!:inlove: What a beautiful woman.

Latest posts

Back