My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Michelle! A lot of the courses are really cool and have all sorts of cool things on them.

I really enjoyed talking to Ellie last night! It was funny. I bet I looked special.

Oh Denise, I never thought that you guys didn't know what disc golf was! But I should have known, its popular but not super popular! haha. Its like regular golf, only you throw a disc, like a smaller frisbee! My husband works for the company who makes the discs, so its natural for him to play. Its a really awesome sport, really family oriented. You're outside in all sorts of different places. They play in Europe and a little in Asia. All over the US and Canada.
This is from the European Open. But this is a good example of what disc golf is. You throw your drive, like you would in regular golf, then you make your second shot and then putt it into the basket. The scoring is just like regular golf.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HszZWW0SEyE[/ame]

My husband has a lot of fun. Plus, the town we're next to, where my husband works holds the US Disc Golf Championships. Its like the biggest tournament in the US. Its held here every year.
But thats what my husband does on the weekend! But those guys in the video are the best in the world. Paul McBeth is a 2 time World Champ as of last week, and he's only 20.

I just have to go on a really quick little rant! I'm so tired of stuff being in my floor! I can't stand it anymore. I pick up stuff constantly from AJ and my stupid husband that I'm ready to feed people socks for dinner. I've had enough! Last night my husband spilled a drink on the floor next to the couch, he knocked it off the end table. Too bad thats where the internet modem and the wifi router are! So he spilled it all over what we use to watch TV! I had to unplug everything and dry it off, but then the router didn't want to turn back on because it was wet. So I left it unplugged until this morning and thankfully it did dry out. But he was sort of a jerk about it after he did it. Like at first he apologized about spilling it, I was irritated, but an accident is an accident. I cleaned it up. Then I was laying the floor and I was like, 'what if the router is broken because of the liquid?' He was (in a jerk way) like, 'well if it is, I'm cancelling the internet and you can suffer through antenna tv.'
Like, why do you have to be a jerk because you possibly broke it? I didn't do it! So I let it go, then he kept saying things that bothered me. Then asked me what was wrong. I was really tired and irritated with all the stuff, not to mention AJ had a really cranky bratty day. So I told him that. He doesn't understand. Then I told him, I'm sick of picking the stuff up from AJ and your stuff.
Then he was getting off the couch and stepped on a small die-cast fire engine and it hurts like an SOB so he yelled in pain and I laughed. It made me feel better and thats what he gets for being an unnecessary jerk to me.

I'm only mad because I hit my coffee cup on a stupid pop up tent of my childs and spilled my coffee all down the side of it. I'm just mad it was in the floor where it was! UGH.

Done now. I feel better. I actually felt better after I wiped the coffee off the tent and then stomped on the tent. haha.

Awww, cute little bunny lips! I love the pic with one leg tucked under her. My bunnies will lay with both tucked under, but I've never seen them do it with just one. What can we say, Ellie's special :) That's cute she groomed you. I love it when they give kisses. I'll sometimes lay on the floor with Libby, but all she does is start chewing my hair off! She's also the one that likes to chew off other bunnies whiskers.

I think tail wagging is something they do when they are really happy or excited. Jake does it sometimes when I let him out to play, but I haven't really noticed any of my other rabbits doing it.

I think when you have a toddler it's impossible to keep stuff picked up. When I've babysat toddlers in my family, the house usually looks like a tornado blew through from their constant need for something new to keep them entertained. Stuff everywhere. I think it pretty much stays like that until they grow up a bit and you get them trained properly. And even then.... I guess you can be glad you only have the one to cause chaos(if you're not counting your hubby) :)

I am madder than all hell right now! My dog, took a huge crap in my floor. I can not believe it. In the time it took me to make a cup of iced coffee and get a granola bar, he took a crap in the floor. If he had just taken one more step, he wouldn't have gotten it on my freaking rug! I don't know if I'm ever going to get the smell out of my house, I had to open a window. I wonder why he didn't let me know he had to go out? But he knows he's wrong because he went and hid in the front room.
I scrubbed the carpet, but I feel like I'm never going to get the gross off of it. Like, I just want to throw my rug away. Its oriental!

Ellie is rather adorable with her little feets! haha. Maybe I should go sit with her, maybe she'll calm me down.

I would say go snuggle a bunny, then you'll feel better. But this is Ellie we're talking about. I guess you can just pet her. Or maybe lay down on the floor again and she'll give you kisses.

I love the pics of little Miss Ellie. That little pink mouth is so cute. And the one with the leg tucked under, Houdini does that, they are just so alike haha.

The disc golf is interesting. Hubby plays golf although he hasn't in a long time. I have been with him about twice and didn't play either time. I'm not sure why. I always thought they needed to add something more exciting to it like being able to chase the other players with your club or something. I guess I like a little more action in my sports.

Young kids do tend to make huge messes. Of course you have to start now trying to teach him about picking up after himself so he'll do it when he gets a little older. I get to feeling that way myself except it's usually the hubby and kids leaving things on tables and counters. The dog bone is what we put up with on the floor which isn't too bad as it's only one but it hurts when you step on it or kick it.

It's funny your dog didn't let you know. Our dog is really good at holding it but even he has had a few accidents over the years. The last time though he went on the floor in the girls bathroom which was funny he went in there but bad as we were moving in and had help with a few large items like the fridge so had people in our house for the first time and the whole place stunk! You should get yourself a spot bot. It's a small carpet shampooer. I was given mine and love it. You can quickly clean up spills, rabbit spray (Ha!) and especially since my dog has a goofy stomach and throws up like once a month. Plus you have AJ.

So yesterday I totally had a Martyr day, where I was just a little mad about everything. After my dog pooped in the floor, I was so shocked and irritated that I didn't even think of WHY he pooped in the floor. He NEVER goes in the floor unless he's sick. He's like one of those dogs that would rather die than go to the bathroom in the house and will hold it for like 16 hours. On my drive to my walking spot, I was thinking about it. Then I realized that I had given him a huge pork bone the night before and all the fat off the rump I cooked. So the pork upset his tummy. Sure enough, we got to my moms and he pooped in her yard. Then he woke me up at 3am to go potty and then again at 7. So yesterday was the beginning of it and maybe he couldn't let me know because it happened so suddenly.
I wasn't like super mad at him, it was just so shocking and sometimes you're just like WTF. Thats how I felt. haha. But I get it now and I'm not mad.

And the stuff with the house. Sometimes I just get so sick of picking up the same things over and over. Like fundamentally my house is clean. But there is always kid stuff on the floor until bedtime. So if anyone comes over, they see all the junk in the floor from AJ and they don't see my clean house! I don't like that. Then you go into the kitchen and its really clean and there isn't anything in the sink and I love that!
I've really gotten over a lot of my house stuff, but sometimes I just get frustrated! Doesn't everyone though?! Especially when you do the same thing day in and day out!
What really gets me is that AJ's room stays REALLY clean, like unnaturally clean! But thats because he brings everything into the living room! So its like all his toys bypass his floor in his room and then make it to the living room floor! haha.
AJ and I do put his toys up every night. He's really good about it. But its the during the day stuff in the floor that I have to get passed! Eventually I'll get over it. Until then, I'll just grin and bear it.

Wound up walking several miles last night, due to a wrong turn. haha. I walked with my mom and we missed the turn off to get out of the park and back into her neighborhood. So we walked really far out of our way on the track thing in the woods and had to turn around. Thankfully it wasn't super hot or anything, but it was humid. The dog was tired because he's out of shape. He did really good though. His vest should be here today! I just tracked it and it said it was in Charlotte, so it should be here this afternoon! I'm so excited for it. We're going hiking this weekend I think, or at least on a nature trail. I can't wait to try that sucker out! I'll take pictures as soon as it gets here! hahaha.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Thanks for listening to my whining about everything and then my rambling about everything!

I get the frustration especially when you do the same thing every day. It can be so boring at times and makes you feel as if it is never done. Sometimes you just wish one thing would stay cleaned so you feel like you have accomplished something. If your house is clean and just has AJ's stuff and toys lying around then I think the people that visit at least the ones that a clean home is important to will realize your house is clean just your young sons toys around and that's expected. Like your hubby's buddies probably don't notice a thing and wouldn't care if it was a mess with food dripping off the counters and complete disarray but say your MIL will see the clean through the AJ toy mess, if you know what I mean.

The fact that AJ brings his toys out of his room shows that he loves his mom and wants to be near her as he plays.

My dog is like that so if he has an accident I don't get upset. I'm not happy to have to clean it up and it's gross but I know he hates to potty in the house. He also has OCD about where he potties and once held it for 21 hours because it was our first trip with him and didn't realize yet that he needs a large open space around him to potty.

My dog is weird about where he goes in the yard too. He goes into the far corner of the fence, where we never go, down a little hill. Every time my mom comes over she lets him out and she's like 'he always goes to that corner, I wonder whats over there?' I'm like, 'its nothing, just his poop! Thats where he goes to poop.' Even when he goes to her house, he goes to the back of the fence and poops along the fence line where no one walks. He likes to make sure its not in the way of where you're walking. He's pretty considerate.

I do feel like AJ wants to be with me all the time, it makes me feel good. My husband says the same thing, he just wants to be in the same room as me.
But then sometimes I think he doesn't like me, you know? Because I'm with him all the time, he probably gets sick of me? I would get sick of me.

ws5h7n.jpg

Last night AJ surprised me with something. We were putting away his toys and I was trying to get him to put this little bin of book into his room, it was too 'heavy' so he wouldn't do it. Then he ran into the run room, got a book from his book case and came back in saying 'on pop, on pop!' I was like what? That makes no sense. UNTIL I looked at the book and it was Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss. I looked at my husband and was like I THINK HE CAN READ! He can only read letters and numbers separately, not together. What it is, is his grandma has that book at her house and they read it a lot. So he recognized it and brought it to me. I was so shocked though! He's getting smarter everyday!

Yesterday evening was the first test of the dogs new vest. It went well, he liked it. The only thing that I didn't like about it, but is totally fixable is; you have to have a really good balance of weight. So I put his water thing on one side, then two juice pouches for AJ and 2 packs of crackers, that kept the weight even. But AJ wanted crackers and a juice, so it was heavier on one side again and the bag went to one side. So either I have to keep water bottles in the bottom or I'll have to adjust the velcro so the heavier side comes up higher on one side and balances out. Get it? But once we go into the woods and have a bunch of stuff, it shouldn't be an issue. But with only a few things, it was a little difficult.
It did seem to make him more in-tune with the walk though. He wasn't all over the place, he was walking with a purpose. They say that vests make them feel purposeful and I think he was feeling it yesterday! haha. Plus, he looked super handsome!

Well, I finally finished transitioning Ellie from old pellets to new Manna Pro pellets. Its only been like a month. hahaha. I had a few too many old pellets when I first started switching. I should have waited like a week or so. But oh well. She's switched. haha.

Woke up really tired this morning. Hopefully my super strong coffee will help me get into the groove of things!

Happy Thursday!

That´s great that AJ is starting to recognise words, he is a smart kid and definitely if he enjoys reading, most kids don´t nowadays.

That vest sounds great, you post of pic of your dog with a purpose with his fancy vest on.

I did laugh at dogs and pooping. My dog also used to be very particular where she pooped and she hardly ever did it in the house, she´d wait hours rather than do that. My friend´s do was like that as well, she hated doing anything in the house, I used to hate leaving her for hours but when I got back there was never any mess.

Here is my dog in his vest.
11skx0i.jpg

I'll try to remember to take some pictures with us walking, so you guys can see his new purpose! LOL

I meant to say earlier that I just started watching the BBC show Sherlock, with Benedict Cumberbatch and its hilarious. I watched the first episode last night and I really enjoyed it. I just can't decide if I think Benedict Cumberbatch is handsome or not. I told my husband that I have mixed feelings. haha. He just laughed and called me stupid. I do like how they put a new twist on an old classic though, its interesting.

I just love that vest, it so suits him. Yes, I can see it makes him feel important as well.

I just love Sherlock and I agree, don´t know whether I´d called him handsome, I´m still thinking about it. But the stories are good and the partnership with Watson works really well. I´m waiting for the new series to start on the BBC.

I've been off RO for a while and have missed a lot! Your dog is so cute! Funny thing is I kind of imagined that your dog looked like that, even though I didn't even know what he looked like. I watched all the Sherlock episodes! I really like them all! The last episode for season 2 was AMAZING! I think it was the best so far!! But that's just my opinion.

I wish I could get BBC. I used to and loved watching different shows on there. The Brittish comedies are so much funnier than ours. I guess I have a Brittish sense of humor. I loved The Office but only watched the American version once and found it annoying. I have been watching Elementary, I loved Sherlock Homes from childhood.

Maybe I need to get my dog a vest, that and the half of his brain that is missing.Ha! Sorry, I do love my dog, he's just goofy and OCD.

That is great that AJ is staring to recognize words. He'll be reading in no time.

I love Elementary as well, it´s on Spanish tv at the moment but I can watch it in English and I just really enjoy it, new twist on the old story. I loved the office, my nephew won a competition in the UK as the biggest fan and got to meet the cast, he was even in the local paper. I sometimes don´t find the American versions as funny but that´s maybe cos I saw the original English version first. There´s a comedy on at the moment on the BBC called Mrs Brown´s Boys, they are all Irish and I absolutely howl with laughter at this, it is just so funny.

By the way, the dog is just so handsome and looks like a real gentle soul.

I loved the American Office, because it was the first one I started watching. BUT I only loved it from like season 4 on. Because at first I hated it, because of Steve Carrell. I hate that guy, he's so irritating. But then I realized the love story between Jim and Pam and could not not watch it. So I loved it from then and cried like a little girl when it ended for good earlier this year. I love the guy who played Jim, I think he just the bees knees.

I do love a lot of British shows. I started watching Skins last year, it was on the E4 network in the UK. It was about teenagers and it was so funny and sad and somewhat true at times. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm waiting for the 7th and last series to be released on netflix. Netflix is where I watched Sherlock, so it only has a few of the good BBC shows. I think Tudors is on there, but I'm not sure how good is it. All of the Dr. Who is on there, but I swear I could not get into it after the first episode. Maybe it was because I was totally tired and I could barely stay away, but it seemed like a lot of running! haha. I think I'm going to start that one again. The show Shameless is on there, its hilarious. Then I've watched on English tv, like Fawlty Towers and Fry&Laurie. Hilarious stuff.
I've never watched Elementary or Mrs Brown's Boys. I wish I could though!

So yesterday I went to my besties house, we got into a HUGE fight. Seriously, like yelling at each other like kids, then crying like teenagers and it was really ugly. Her mom was like WTF you guys are acting like teenagers! Then we got passed it and were fine and had a really good day. I met my husband at his work, gave him the car and the kid and went back to her house to hang out. We went to dinner with her mom and fiance and then did some shopping for another person bridal shower.
My besties bridal shower is coming up this next weekend, on the 31st. So its going to be a REALLY busy week for us. I'm making like half the food, then the cupcakes for the shower. So it should be an interesting week.

Since I wasn't home all day yesterday, Ellie didn't get to get out of her cage until I texted my husband and told him to let her out. He wasn't super happy with me, so he told me when I got home that he almost didn't let her out, to spike me. haha. I laughed at him because his logic is so wacked. Anyway, she did get out and she was hungry so she popped the top of her pellet tin off and ate all she wanted! LOL I left her out last night when we were sleeping so she could get her exercise. She looks really tired today, so she probably didn't sleep much last night, just tearing up a box all night! haha.

So I have to tell you guys really fast about the other night with my husband. I cooked these really delicious burgers with really high quality meat, they were wonderful. After I got back from my walk, I ate the last burger. My husband didn't realize and was really mad when he found out I was eating it. As I ate the burger, I also had a plate of apples slices sitting next to me. So here's what happened:
Husband: "did you eat the last burger?"
me: "yes, I'm eating it now"
Hub: *pouts, gets an apple and comes back to the couch.*
AJ *walks over to steal apple bites, makes my apple slices look like crescent moons*
me: "is there only one apple left? I think AJ is going to eat all mine and I want one."
hub: "yeah, theres only one, but its MINE!"
me" "NOT IF I GET IT FIRST!" *takes off running towards kitchen...*
hub: *throws an apple 108 MPH apple slice, hitting me in the neck. THWAP*
me" *Collapses in the floor.* "I'VE BEEN HIT!"
hub: *runs to fridge to get apple, finds out there is 2 left.*
My husband came back into the living room and we laughed so hard. I had stomach cramps from laughing and I was still laying in the floor, he was crying. It was SO funny. It was probably the funniest thing that has ever happened to us.
Because normal adults assault each other with apple slices. But once I did hit him in the head with an ice cube. I swear I was not aiming for his head, it just happened. Then one time I threw keys at him and I WAS aiming for his head, but missed and hit him in the arm.

We have to stop these shenanigans.

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone has a really nice day!

Latest posts

Back