My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that she would have stopped thumping! I think she was thumping to call me downstairs. Poor girl. She's fine, I just have to get my husband to put the ceiling tile back in now. Stupid old house. Its only like a 12 x 12 one anyway, so its not super huge. Thank god.

Oh I feel like crap. Friday was nothing but fast food. Yesterday was the first day of eating healthy in like 2 days and my body is not happy about it. More healthy eating and lots of exercise to work off that dang taco bell I ate at like 2am the other night! haha. And I had more coffee than I care to think about. I have one of those big 22 cup percolators for parties. So I had like 12 cups, and filled like 10 for people to drink. When I went to clean it out, I realized that there was a big cup left and pour it into my cup, grinds and all! I didn't even have any sugar because it was packed away and I just put milk in it. It was bitter, semi-cold and strong. I chugged it standing in the parking lot then had a spaz attack when we got to the house! Haha. I was jittery and crazy feeling. My body was SO tired and my mind was SO awake. It was a confusing experience.

My husband is home from work today, since its the holiday. But it doesn't even feel like Monday, it feels like Sunday because I lost my Saturday to a bridal shower. haha.

And I did something to my wrist, dead-lifting a huge bucket of ice. It hurts! haha. It will be fine, I just over worked it.

Ellie has been SO good. Since I haven't been home or willing to take care of her, she has been out in the kitchen doing her own thing. My husband always forgets to let her out of her cage or forgets to put her back in. So my fear with that is that she escapes her cage and doesn't have any hay or water while we're gone or whatever. So leaving her out seemed like the best thing to do. She's mostly awake during the day and doesn't get into much at night (I'm knocking on wood as I type this!) But pretty much everything is bunny proofed, she can't get to any of the cords. She's been using her litter box like a champ! I'm really proud of her. Its that time between her being super hormonal and crazy, so she's a good rabbit this week!
The only thing I can remember that she did wrong was my fault. I have like 2 more of those bins that she uses for a litter box, the white laundry sorter things. I use one for like my 'everything' basket, its small and easy. So I had my bathmat and something else in the basket from the dryer and I was waiting for my clothes to dry to take from the dryer. So the basket was in front of the dryer. I guess she saw that it was the same basket and peed in it. It was okay though, there was only pee on like one thing. Because my guess is that she got on top of the bath mat, and peed over the edge and it went into a little divet thing in the basket and didn't touch anything else. But a pair of AJ's shorts did get shoved into that pee puddle and I had to rewash them. LOL
Over all she's done really well.

Happy Monday, hope everyone has a good...Labor Day? Memorial Day? I always get them confused.

I'm glad the tile didn't actually land on her. Yep, stupid old houses! It's always something with them. That's kind of cute that Ellie kept thumping for you. At least she knows you're her protector :)

That's funny about her peeing in the laundry basket. I guess that's what we get for training them to pee in plastic bins. Any old bin will do.

I'm glad the bridal shower went well.

I know stupid old houses! I think my washing machine is leaking too! Ugh. I'm ready to move. I just want to move. I don't want to talk about my house, I'm really not happy right now.

Anyway, I've started feeding my old cat canned food. Shes like 13 and we usually feed them canned food as they get older to make sure that they're getting enough moisture and they're not breaking their teeth on dry food. Smokey is the only one who really knows what cans sound like, so she will almost attack me when it comes to a can! haha. I have to feed her a little spoonful in the middle of the kitchen and then I have to feed the old cat a big bowl in Ellie's cage. So they don't fight over the can. haha. Its so stupid. But Smokey hunts the old cat and she's big and mean. Even just now, Smokey attacked the old cat when she jumped onto the arm of the couch! Ugh. Cats.

My husband tried to pick Ellie up last night and she wasn't having it! He can still feel her little boobies! I think its weird. Then she got down and thumped like crazy at him. It was really loud and it shook the house! Just like the other morning. He was like, 'wow that IS loud, no wonder you got up.'

And I'm about to over share something with you guys! I have a rash right where my bra wire meets my skin. Its really bad, its been like this for like a week or so. Its because I've been sweating so much and my bra has been wet. Its so annoying and itchy. Has that happened to anyone else? I think Kaley's bra melted to her. I got some ointment for mine and its already improved, but every time I work out it comes back because of my sports bra! Sometimes it sucks have sensitive skin. Is it because I'm Irish? Sounds weird, but my friend is really Irish and her skin is really sensitive too. So is my dads.

I have to clean Ellie's litter box today. I procrastinated yesterday and now its grossly full and she's peed over the edge like 3 times. Ugh. Its my fault though. Yesterday exercise trumped litter box cleaning and I just made more work for myself. Because now, I have to do my whole kitchen floor!

Happy Tuesday!

Color blindness. Inherited from the father. If hubby isn't color blind chances are AJ isn't color blind.
Probably a heat rash from excessive sweating. Try a drying agent before exercising or bouncy around like you do. I say drying agent but the only thing that comes to mind is baby powder and that sets my excema off. Good luck!

Kaley, are you Irish?

I'm been shoving a paper towel under my bra and its helped keep my skin a little more dry than it would have normally been. My husband told me to put some diaper rash cream on it! hahah. He might not be too far off. They also make these cotton under-bra liners that I might get. LOL I can't wait for winter.

I don't think that there are any colorblind people in my husbands family. I guess colorblindness doesn't run in the family, but being an a-hole definitely does.

My roots are predominantly Scottish. Pale skin, red hair, an inordinate love for the word F*ck and fried foods.

Morgan you slay me sometimes. Hopefully AJ breaks the mold for a-holeish-ness

Are my Scottish roots where my love for the F word and fried foods comes from? I'll just thank my dad for that! My dads side is English and Scottish, then when they got to America they mixed with some Cherokee Indians. (But I got none of that color) And my moms side is mostly Irish and Belgian. Lots of red hair on that side, including mine. And I'm pasty pale. I have a pair of khaki shorts that are tanner than I am. LOL

Now I totally want to make Scotch Eggs, but my husband doesn't like them.

I don't know where my husbands family is from. I think his moms side is from England, I'm pretty sure that her great great grandfather had to flee England because he committed murder. Yeah, thats awkward. But I'm not sure where his dads family is from, they're Catholic, but they could be from anywhere in Europe and be Catholic. I know there are a lot of Polish people in Pittsburgh and Croatian people. So maybe they're Polish? Who knows. They drink a lot and they're all REALLY cold-hearted. I don't know if that has anything to do with nationality though! haha.

I have no Scottish blood but apparently should have. I can say I love so much Scottish including bagpipes. The sound instantly makes me happy.

I realized last night my hubby is kind of like yours. I had to do the girls hair and it was taking some time so I asked hubby to give Thump a pinch of pellets and then lock him in his cage and let Laverne and Shirley out. About an hour later I went into the bun room and noticed Laverne and Shirley had tore up a bunch of the carpeting. Doesn't look like they ate any. I always move a section of Xpen to block that area so they don't eat the carpet but hubby has no idea what I do with them all. I better out live the buns and never be hospitalized.

I don't think being cold hearted and drinking points to any particular nationality but wouldn't it be cool if it did then you could ask every one you meet their nationality and avoid them if they were that.

I love bagpipes. When we lived in our first apartment, everyday at like 8pm someone in a neighborhood like a mile away would play their bagpipes. We would sit outside and listen to them. It was really really nice.

Yes, my husband is oblivious to what goes on with my animals. I've already told him that if I die before any of them, to just put them all to sleep. I actually told him that either Jenny or Kaley would take Ellie and he could probably handle the cats on his own. But I would really worry about my rabbit if it were just him keeping her.

I feel like crap today. I don't know whats going on. I drank my coffee this morning, then at like noon ate a turkey wrap and it made me feel so sick. Enough that I had to take a nap to get over the feeling. Its okay now, but I still feel weird. My nap made me feel like...I just got up from a nap. I need some coffee and to do some stuff. haha. Maybe if I get moving I'll feel better, hopefully I can go walk today too.

Oh and on another note. I think I may have found a house. Its in my moms neighborhood, which is a great neighborhood like right between two parks. So keep some fingers crossed.

It´s really funny when you start looking at your roots. I´m part Irish, my surname is definitely Irish, no mistaking that. I used to do Irish dancing when I was younger. I always remember that when Riverdance got big my mom said "I told you you should have stuck at it". Yes mom, what would I have done for the ten or so years between me finishing dancing and Riverdance becoming big...she was the one who insisted you needed an education. Can´t win sometimes. I have lots of Scottish friends and yes, they´re all big drinkers and very loud. At my bf´s birthday party last year, everyone got drunk, singing karaoke very loud and dancing very badly and they were filmed doing it as well.

That´s so funny with your hubby and the animals. I don´t know what would happen to my boys if I wasn´t there, it´s a big worry. I´m probably going back to England for a few days in October and I´m already worrying about it.

Have you guys ever seen your buns spread their back toes out? I went into the kitchen a little while ago and Ellie laid down and then she spread her back toes out, to like stretch her foot. It was so weird looking! haha. Their toes are long, but its hard to see because of their foot fur.

I'm watching this show with AJ and its called Elliot Kid or something like that, I'm really disterbed by this show! The main character in the show is like delusional. I get that kids have wild imaginations but he's got like early, early on-set schizophrenia. He's super paranoid about everything and he can't be talked out of it. He gets lost in his own delusions and even the consequences of his actions don't stop him from acting like that. Its really weird. Its a cartoon and I really don't like it. I just had to change it, it was super disturbing.

I think that all the electronics in my house are in cahoots with each other. My PS3 remote's batteries died yesterday, now my camera batteries are dead. I can't take a picture of Ellie in all her adorable flopped goodness! I guess, I need to break down and get the rechargeable battery thing and the batteries. That would probably be more environmentally friendly and better for us, money-wise.

Last thing, I read AJ stories every night after we put toys up and he has the best book ever. Its called A Pocket Full of Kisses. Its a sequel to The Kissing Hand. But its got raccoons in it and it has the BEST story with it. I highly suggest that you guys try to find it. It made me teary the first time I read it. Its one book I'll always read.

Happy Wednesday!

Awww I loved the book The Kissing Hand. Will you read it to me by reading to a camera and then upload the video to YouTube so I can see? Lol.haha, you and those tv shows! Ha! I think you're on to something, I think you're so good at managing the tv shows that AJ watches. I think Courage the cowardly dog messed me up. :/ seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Morgan, mine spread the toes of their back feet when they´re grooming. It´s so funny when they stick that leg out like that.

I must admit some of the kids show these days are a bit weird, don´t know if I´d let my kids watch if I had any.

You seem pretty good at monitoring and choosing what AJ watches and it´s great that he loves you reading to him.

I only have A Pocket Full of Kisses, I wish I had The Kissing Hand. I might try to find it, the next time I'm in town. You want me to read you A Pocket Full of Kisses, Katie? haha.

I do try to put on educational things for AJ. But sometimes we just watch Spiderman. He likes the stuff where they read because he can pick out the letters. We're watching Super Why right now, its a PBS show. He really likes it! Its for like 4 year olds. I always sing the theme song, its hilarious. My husband always knows when we've been watching it because the theme song is stuck in my head. LOL

I read him all kinds of books. There are some I refuse to read because they're not good. But there are some that I enjoy. I don't really care for Dr. Seuss, its hard to read aloud and they're confusing. But a lot of the Scholastic books are really good! I can't wait for him to be older, so he understands them!

I actually bought a bagpipe chanter years ago which is what you start off with to learn how to play. I just don't have the time, I didn't then either which is a shame because I knew an older gentleman that played and was willing to help me out. In fact we have him play at my then FIL funeral which he would have loved.

Good luck with the house. It's really wonderful when you find the right one. It can make all the difference in the world.

My electronics are in cahoots as well. Our batteries for our camera barely hold a charge anymore. My cell phone battery doesn't hold a charge for as long as it used to. I would get a new one but was hoping to get an iphone4 and service for that and get rid of my old cell and the house phone. And we just had to replace all of the smoke alarm batteries. Stupid things kept going off the one day because the batteries were low. I couldn't get them to stop no matter what I did till I finally took them apart and removed the batteries. Dog was going nuts, buns were going crazy and I may have hearing loss in one ear.

I have always like Dr.Seuss as his made up words are fun but it can be difficult reading out loud. The book both twins learned to read first was Cat In The Hat. The one twin drove her sisters crazy reading it so much as they always wanted to read out loud up till a year or so ago. My mother used to read Yertle The Turtle to us which is the only thing I can really remember her doing like parents do when I was young. I bought it and read it to my kids and bought it to read to the girls and then bought it and gave it to my daughter for the boys. There are a lot of good childrens books out there. Just wait till AJ is in school and they have the book fair.

I always volunteer to help with the book fair because the little kids are so much fun and I like seeing all of the new books. A few years back one girl burst out into tears after seeing the book Mama Llama. Found out her mother just passed away. It was so heart breaking.

Thumper stretches out his toes a lot when he is grooming. All of us girls squeal when we see it. It's just so darn adorable.

I know right, the toe thing! Its so cute and funny!

I loved the book fairs when I was a kid! Those were always the best. I remember getting the book lists too and picking out books to buy and then they deliver them to the class. I love Scholastic and they're great with all their different books.

So today has been a good day, I've gotten a lot done today. BUT every time I eat something I get really nauseous. I don't know why, its annoying though. I want to take a nap, but AJ just got up. I wish my stomach would stop being weird! Ugh.

Yes I have The Kissing Hand. It would be awesome if you read me A Pocket Full of Kisses hahahah! But you have to do the voices like my mommy does hahaha!!!!!! X'D

I used to love book fairs as well.

It would be really neat to be able to lay the bagpipes, hell, any instrument. Ha. I can play heart & soul on the piano....yep. Proud of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Morgan...Not pregnant are you? Ha!

Katie...if you want to play an instrument and don't really care what, you should look into a djembe. It's an African drum. I used to take classes at our local college and loved it. The instructor always said if you can count to four you can play. You could learn on your own at home by getting some instructional dvd's or by searching for somewhere in your area that might have classes. I love playing when no one is home, it's like meditation and it will leave me feeling energized and happy for a few days. My instructor was Jim Donovan from Rusted Root. He has a website. Sells items and I believe he also has links so you might be able to find classes though it. I love playing alone but also really enjoyed the classes and playing with others and we always had all age groups from say 18 up to 70.

Nope not pregnant! It was the sandwich meat! I guess it has too much gluten in it or something. I've been having a difficult time with pasta, so I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say I'm having a hard time with the gluten in things. Sandwich meat, isn't even a real thing. Its a pretend food that never goes bad, its not made of real things, only fillers. So no more sandwich meat...ever.

My husband and I also vowed yesterday that we're not eating fast food again. Since now America is trying to open up the food trade with China, to allow American cows to go there. They're starting with chickens being shipped from the states to China, to be made into nuggets, then shipped back to the US. Can you believe that? I'll never eat or feed my kid another chicken nugget, if I don't make it my **** self. So no more fast food or crap. I can't handle it, my body can't handle it. Its so just dang bad for you!

I gave Ellie some packing paper today and she is happier than a pig in poop! LOL She's been playing in it and shredding it. I got it from my bestie, who got it in a package. Its like 30 feet of paper. I rolled it all up and brought it home. She's got paper for a long time now! And she loves it!

When my husband gets home, we're going to go for a walk. He's going to play disc golf I guess, but I'm walking. I can't wait. I haven't been but once this week and I need to get out there! LOL I've gotten SO much stuff done today, I'm so proud of myself. I've done everything off my list plus some. Now all thats left is cooking dinner, switching the wash and starting another load. Then I'll be done with the wash! YAY for me!

Happy Thursday!

We try not to eat fast food ourselves, some times we just can't help it as we are not home to cook and there isn't time for a sit down meal meaning sometimes we have to eat while driving somewhere. Mostly we cook, more me than hubby now. When we do eat out we try to go to our favs which all cook good food and most have descent prices.

My hubby makes chicken nugget type food. He uses his own breading and they are so good. I always have him do extra because one meal is not enough for me so I'll have the extra for lunch the next day.

Back