My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life is never boring in your house Morgan.

I love Doctor Who but then I´ve been watching it forever lol. Fawlty Towers is a classic. I have all the episodes on DVD, they only made 12 and I can remember the scripts of most of them. I love the one with Mrs Richards, the deaf woman but I also love the Hotel Inspector one with Manuel playing the guitar. I´ve seen them hundreds of times but they still make me laugh.

You should watch the Tudors, I've seen it a couple of times and I just loved it, the acting is so good.

Chris, I did start watching Tudors. Its okay, but its one of those that I really have to pay attention to. I will say that I just watched the first episode of series 2 of Sherlock and I could not take my eyes away from it! haha. He was a little broken in the episode, like mentally and it was almost heartbreaking to watch. But then there was a plot twist at the end and it wasn't AS bad. But I've decided that Benedict Cumberbatch IS handsome. haha.

This weekend was a really good weekend. Well, except I almost killed my husband on Saturday. So my husband is a really go, go, go guy. He can't sit still for longer than an hour, he can't just watch TV and be okay. He likes to do stuff. Which is great! Especially since I've been exercising a lot more, so I've got all this energy and I have to go walk or run now, like everyday. Saturday, I got up with AJ and my hub went back to bed, which is fine. He got up at like 11 and sat on the couch. Drank a huge coffee and still didn't want to do anything. So at 12, I was like, I'm taking the dog hiking. I was getting his vest packed and weighted right and my hub was like, "why don't you wait until AJ takes a nap and then we'll all go?" I told him it was already 12 and he would take like a 2-3 hour nap and thats the whole day wasted. And I also had to take some stuff to a dog rescue to help with their yard sale. So he begrudgingly got up at like 1:30. Yes, like an hour and half later, after I said that I wanted to leave. So for that hour and a half, I got dressed, shaved my legs, did 2 loads of wash, washed dishes, vacuumed the floor, and sat in a rocking chair and considered the way I would murder my husband if he didn't make a decision soon.
Then we had to go pick up the truck from my FILs house and the wood splitter. With that done, we FINALLY made it to the dog rescue and then finally made it to the park to walk. My mom came to the park with us and her butt was cramping so I only walked half a mile, which is nothing. So I wasn't happy with my walk, plus AJ was acting crazy and his stroller is really dumb.

BUT Sunday is where it all came together. My mom took AJ for a few hours, well, more like half the day. We went to this really wooded disc golf course, walked it. It was a little intense. haha. It was hilly and the paths were covered in roots so it was really good for muscle variation. The dog did really well with his vest, though he was exhausted and slept in the car on the way back home. We did stop at our regular course and walked nine holes, but the dog couldn't handle it so I called it quits. But we did walk a few miles and it was pretty awesome. I felt really good. So that made up for the crappy walk I had on Saturday.

I also told my husband that if he ever had a day where he wasn't sure what he wanted to do, to just let me know before hand. So I wouldn't have to waste a whole day waiting for him to do whatever. I like to spend time with him on the weekends, ya know? So I wanted to do stuff with him and not just go off by myself. BUT if he acts like that again, I swear I will leave his ass in skinny minute! I know some people have off days, but it was so bad. He made no decisions that day. He couldn't even decide what he wanted for breakfast, eggs or grilled cheese, or an egg sandwich?

Then Sunday I ate like 12 friend chicken livers and was so ashamed of myself! haha. Not really, because they were SO delicious!

And now to Ellie. She's such a good bun...right now. She's been out of the cage since Friday. I took her cage litter box and put it right in the door way of her cabinet on the floor. And she still has her white litter box thing. The weird thing is, she hasn't gone potty in her cage litter box. She's only getting in that one to eat the hay and not going potty. Then she goes potty in the other box. Its so strange.
And I definitely kicked her this morning. She was so underfoot, she got kicked. She's fine, I just sort of pushed her really hard with my foot and she did a 180. haha. And she was been biting my pants! They're like super baggy and tan colored and she really likes the bottom of them, so she bites them and then bites my ankles. She's been so strange this morning.
I actually think shes sort of lonely.

That was long! I have stuffs to do! I have to find my litter scooper.

Happy Monday! But is a Monday ever really happy?

Hubby and I watch Shameless. Now that is a crazy household. We also watched Boardwalk Empire. Also The Big C. I cried on like the last three shows knowing what was coming but I have lost a few people I have loved to cancer so it hit close to home.

That's how we both felt Saturday, not much ambition. That would drive you kind of crazy though being ready to do something and having to wait around feeling your wasting your tie waiting for him to get the energy to go or to just tell you he's vegging all day. I always get the opposite, I'll be feeling so tired and unambitious and hubby will get us started on some crazy work that takes all day or something then I think I should just stay inside and not venture out where he can rope me into these things. Luckily once I get going though I'm fine. Just need a kick in the butt to get going. Ha!

I haven't had a fried chicken liver in forever. Since my sister last cooked some many years ago. I love liver and chicken liver but if I have to see it raw then I can't eat it. I can't stand the sight of it raw so someone else has to cook it. Hubby cooks a great liver with brown gravy and onions and luckily all of the girls really like it. Now I'll have to find out if hubby likes chicken liver so he can make us some.

I think I kick Thumper once a day. Well actually I do the slow walk and Thumper runs into me. Silly bun! He's like the dog though he just shakes it off and keeps on truckin' or in this case running around me while I try to walk so I can give him hay or pellets or whatever.

I watch the UK Shameless. I prefer British tv to American on somethings. I want to watch Boardwalk Empire, but we don't have cable so we can't watch it! I've heard its really good though.

Ellie is so crazy this morning! She's been trying to get into the fridge. She's been popcorning and binkying around like crazy. Like her popcorns this morning have been like deer jumping. She's doing like 3 popcorns in a row. So she looked like a little black and white deer. LOL

I also got a picture of her last night, flopping. Its really cute. I also got a picture of the huge spider that has made a home in my back door way. I haven't been able to talk him out of moving. But he doesn't bother me too much because we usually don't go out the back door at night. I think the spider likes it there though, since hes in front of the window and the lights are on, so the bugs come to try to get to the light and they fly through his web. He's actually pretty smart!

So this week is going to be a busy week! Tomorrow AJ has a doctors appointment and then Thursday and Friday I have to do bridal shower stuff. Then Saturday is the actual bridal shower. I have a ton of food to make and the cupcakes. So now, I have to get my house in order today and tomorrow. And I have to make dinner for Thursday, Friday and possibly Saturday for my husband and AJ because my husband is incapable of cooking for himself. LOL. Maybe he can just eat out on Saturday, that would make my life easier! I also have to go shopping Thursday for something to wear to the shower.

I'll upload the picture of Ellie!

Happy Tuesday!

I just love chicken livers and always have them when my mom comes, I like them with lots of fried onions and a bit of gravy. I love lambs liver as well with gravy and lots of onions and mashed potato...yummy.

Shameless is on over here at the moment, the American one but I just haven't got into it. Do you sometimes see something advertised that you think you´ll like but just can´t bring yourself to watch it right then for whatever reason.

I know what you mean about vegging. I´m so busy at the moment that when I get some free time, I don´t have the energy to do anything and sometimes just vegetate on the sofa half asleep and half awake. The heat also makes you just want to lie down.

I haven´t kicked mine for a while, they´re getting quite good at not getting under my feet. Just laughing at Houdini trying to jump out of his cage, he´s missed a few times the last couple of days and just falls back on the floor. I don´t think any of them are up for much binkying and running, they all seem to be quite subdued at the moment with the hot weather.

I love liver too! Its so good with gravy and onions! I can't cook it because I can't touch it, but if someone else cooks it; I will eat the hell out of it. LOL I like the fried chicken livers from KFC though, thats where I normally get them. I love them. My husband is always so grossed out, because I can't stop eating them until they're all gone. Its like they call to me and I have to eat all of them. I actually want some today. haha. I think I'll get some on my way to get my husband from work.

Anyway, I said the other day how I was so tired and lazy feeling. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I have a hard time with pasta. Whenever I eat pasta it takes me like 2 days to recover from all the carbs. Whether its the carbs or the gluten, I have a hard time. So I ate pasta Sunday and Monday and felt like crap both days! So no more pasta at all. I had to go walk a few miles yesterday to sweat out all the crap out from the pasta. I'm going to replace the regular pasta with some spaghetti squash I think.

So last night while I was walking in the park, I saw a black cat. Of course I had my dog with me, so I couldn't get close to it. Then I remembered that someone told my mom that they saw a cat in the park and petted it and it was really friendly. So I think its the same cat. It looked like it was pregnant though. Its been there for like a month. I went today and bought a new kennel today and got a couple cans of food to try to lure it to me and put it in the kennel to get it. I couldn't find the cat, but I did find a food bowl and cup of water because someone is feeding it. I left a note with an unopened can of cat food with my moms number on it. So hopefully whoever is feeding it will help us to get the cat. If its pregnant I'll have to take it in for an emergency spay. BUT my eyesight is terrible, so it might not have been pregnant fat but maybe just has worms from eating mice and stuff. My barn cat looks pregnant even though he's a neutered boy, but he has perpetual worms and that makes him look pregnant. I'm hoping the cat just has worms! Lets all hope for that. Either way I think that I'm going to have a new cat soon, which sort of sucks. But maybe I can find it a home. I just haven't told my husband yet! haha. I have to talk to him about it today. Its a smaller black cat, I haven't had a black one in a few years. I do like black cats.

AJ went to the doctor today and he's 37 inches tall and 32 lbs. He's like in the 93 percentile for height and 83% for weight. He's big! haha. She also said that he's really advanced for his age, because he knows the ABCs and 123s. But I'm a little worried about his colors. Part of me thinks that he can't match the color to the word yet, but part of me thinks that he actually is color blind. But his doctor said its hard to tell yet, its usually easier to tell when they're like 3-4. I also don't know if there is any colorblindness in either sides of our families. She said its mostly hereditary.

Anyway, I have a ton of stuff to do today! OHHH! I stopped at this little coffee bar this morning and went through the drive through. I didn't know what I wanted so I told the guy to surprise me with anything iced in a 20oz size. He gave me a black and white with whipped cream. Its like chocolate and milk and heaven all rolled into a cup! It was great! I drank it in like 2 minutes flat, got shaky and feel GREAT! Just need to go drink some more coffee and I'll be unstoppable!

n4zfkl.jpg

I know what you mean with carbs. I don´t really eat that many although I do like rice, pasta and potatoes but don´t really cook it that much as the sugars make me put on weight. I must admit that when my sister´s here and we all eat gluten free apart from the odd bit of bread, I do feel loads better and less bloated. I am sometimes tempted but there are just odd things that I really miss like crackers.

I did so laugh at your black cat story, how you jumped from one thing to another, being with you must never be dull for your hubby.

Seems like AJ is doing fine so wouldn´t worry, I´m sure he´s fine with his colours as well.

Your surprise sounded lovely, if I did that, I bet you I´d get something totally disgusting that I hated.

I hope you can catch the black cat and hopefully find him/her a home or keep it. I wonder if the cat is pregnant. It'll probably be easy to find out once you catch him/her.

AJ sounds like he's pretty healthy! He's probably not color blind since he's seems pretty healthy!

That drink sounds awesome! Making me hungry for one reading this, lol.

So today has been the longest day of my life. My bestie, her mom, AJ and I went shopping ALL day long. It was ridiculous. All I have to show for it is some leggings! LOL I have to go back to the store tomorrow and get a new shirt and something for my mom. I also STILL have to get a gift for my bestie for the bridal shower. I can't believe I still haven't gotten something yet.

I didn't get the cat today. She got away. The lady that was helping us, accidentely let her out of the kennel and she ran off. Hopefully she'll get her tomorrow. She IS pregnant, like SUPER pregnant, so I'll probably have kittens. Good god. What am I going to do? Hopefully that lady will help us find homes for the kittens because I really can't have that many cats. Oh god. I need a freaking vacation.

I'm so tired. I still have so much to do in my house, since I haven't been home all day. And tomorrow I will be spending all my time cooking and making cupcakes. So tomorrow is going to be a long day too, then Saturday is the day of the shower and thats a long day too! Ugh. After my friends wedding is all over, I think I need to go on a honeymoon...by my **** self.

My dog got into the trash today and ate like 8 pieces worth of chicken...bones. I hope he doesn't die because they splinter. He was really mad that I left the whole day though. And probably because I didn't take him for a walk yesterday. He's feeling neglected, so I guess I have to take him for a walk tomorrow.

Today is 'game-day' in my state. Its like the big game between Clemson University and University of South Carolina. Good lord, I have never seen so much orange and purple or garnet in my life! People are flying flags with USC or Clemson on them. It was crazy, everyone had their favorite teams gear on.
My husband went to the Panthers game tonight too, with my dad. The Panthers are playing the Steelers, which is my husbands favorite team! So he's pretty excited, since he hasn't seen them play since he was a kid. They should have a good time as the pre-season games are always better.

I have to do some stuff and get my poor child into bed.
I hope everyone had a good day!

Mmmm cupcakes. I haven't been to see your blog in forever! How's Ellie? Hope Woody is ok and no upset tummy or anything from the bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Ellie is good and I think Woody is okay from the bones. Hes not dead so that has to be a good sign, but I can't imagine trying to poop out bones! LOL

I'm drinking my first good, strong cup of coffee in two days! Iced coffee and weak Kureg coffee just don't do it for me. So I made some extra strong coffee this morning, drank coffee from the pot without is finishing brewing(the really strong cup!) and I'll drink like 3 more cups and I should have enough energy to get all the stuff done today that I need to get done!

So Ellie this morning was so funny. I was cutting up an apple for AJ. I gave her a grape already, but apples are her bunny kryptonite. I took a slice for myself, and held it down for her to get a few bites. She got mad that she couldn't have the whole thing, grunted and boxed my hand! haha. She's so crazy. But I know how to get her to come and love on me, with a plate full of apple slices. I did that the other night and she was my best friend! I think apples are her new favorite food.

I still have some pictures that I need to upload. Someone remind me later!

Happy Friday! I hope everyone gets a lot done so you can enjoy the weekend!

Really quick before I actually close my computer and get to doing stuff. haha.
My house is being taken over by spiders. Like, I have no control over it. They're everywhere and they're getting bigger. They're not just St. Andrews Cross spiders or Orb Weaving spiders, they're WOLF spiders who are as big as my freaking hand.

Last night, I had to go out to the car at like 10:30 to get some stuff out, I left the front door open to have the light on the car because its SO dark at my house. I got my stuff, came back in with full hands and as I was shutting the door I saw something on the floor. It sort of blended in, until I got closer and realized it was a HUGE spider. I didn't know what to do and I didn't want it to run, so I put my cat food tupperware scoop on top of it and then put an antique iron on top of that! haha. I felt like that was safe enough, I told my husband when he got home from the game.
So just a few minutes ago, AJ went into the front room where the spider is. He like threw the french door open really wide and I realized that I had a massive spider under a cup in the front room! I yelled spider and ran into the room. I saw a spider struggling on the floor! I was like ohgodohgodohgod. I looked under the cup and THAT spider was there, so there was ANOTHER ONE! It was equally as large as the one under the cup! So I grabbed another cat food cup and put it over the second one. Yes, it does seem like I have an abundance of cat food cups in the front room, because I always seem to feed the barn cat on the way outside to the car and I put them on the table and walk out! haha. But I'm so thankful for the cups!

I can't wait for my husband to get home. He needs to kill some spiders. I'm grossed the hell out now! Why are they coming in? Is it because it was like 100* yesterday?

Good luck with the cat! Hopefully by the time she would have kittens and they would be old enough to find homes for them the kitten population won't be so large. When our cat passed and we were looking for another there were very few kittens out there. Now though there are tons of kittens, guess that's why I still have three.

Good luck also with the next few busy days, I don't envy you there!

We have the same problem with bugs here. It's living in the country. It's funny because the girls would holler about a spider and we told them to kill it and then clean it up, you're in the country. I swear the one time it took the three of them, a flyswatter and a shoe almost an hour to kill that thing. I recently taught them how much easier it is to suck them up with the vacuum hose. Ha!

Is the lady who let her out accidentally going to keep her cat after she or you catches her? Hopefully the kittens will be able to get good homes!

Good to hear Woody isn't dead, hopefully he'll be fine.

We have wolf spiders as well here. Not too many of them but sometimes I look up and see one sitting on the ceiling. They are so creepy!

Well the cat is a stray. The lady caught her Wednesday night and kept her at her house. Then on the car ride to the park to me us, the cat pooped and peed in the crate. So the lady tried to let her out and grab her to clean the crate out and my mom couldn't get the words out fast enough to tell her not to open the door. I was like 2 minutes away when it happened. And when she opened the door the cat took off. The lady almost got her hands on her but then she ran off again. Thank god, we were in the same park she got the cat from, so the cat knew where she was.

No, the lady isn't going to keep her. I'm going to foster her and the kittens until we can find them all homes. Then, once the kittens are weaned, I'll spay the mama cat and get the kittens shots. That way, they'll be taken care of before they go to their new homes. The lady who is helping us, is going to help us find homes for the kittens too. I hope to god, that the cat only has like 1 or 2 kittens and not like 10. She's a super tiny cat, so I hope its only like 2. My old cat Smedley was tiny like that when she had her kittens 12 years ago. She had the Fat Cat and another named Rufus that we had to have put to sleep a few years ago. Smedley only weighs 4 lbs, she's been the same size since she came to us at 6 months old. This stray cat is the same size, so hopefully there will only be 2 kittens in there. Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

I usually kill the spiders, but these are WAY too big for me to kill and not pee my pants. They're like the size of my palm! I'm not a huge sissy, but these are just too big. haha. So my husband can kill them when he gets home. Or maybe they'll just die under the cups and we can just suck them up with the vacuum! I USUALLY just suck them up, but they're huge and I think they would fight the suction and come back and get me! Now I'm all freaked out though, my cat lightly brushed my leg and I screamed because I thought a giant spider was on me!

Ugh, I think its cupcake time.

I hate spiders! No matter how small, they have crossed the line when they enter my house. You're much kinder to them then I would be. Hey, at least we don't have those camel spiders here. I was so freaked out by their description I wouldn't even google it to see what they looked like, as I didn't want to have nightmares about them. ETA: Just saw your last post. Just kill the things, you'll feel better :) Take a big shoe and SPLAT!

I'm convinced sugar is like crack to rabbits. They turn into these frantic little beasts if they think sugar is involved. One of my old rabbits used to attack and climb all over me if she ever heard the rustle of a candy wrapper, or any wrapper for that matter. It's kind of cute though, how they perk up if they think there's a treat to be had.

Last edited:
Haha Jenny, you are so right. The crinkle of a packet or wrapper and they go mad. Mine do that when I pick up the craisin bag, it´s like they´re going to get a fix lol.

I´m OK with spiders, well the normal house spiders, I usually try and put them out, keeps the bug population down.

This has been the longest weekend ever.
Friday night I had to help get last minute things together for the bridal shower. Well, last minute things turned into all night doing stuff. So I was there until after 3 am. I had to drive the 25 minutes home, then went to bed at like 4. Couldn't fall asleep until like 5. Then at like 7, I heard this crash, then bang then scatter. I didn't get up because I didn't know what it was and thought maybe it was the rabbit acting crazy. I did have to get up like 10 minutes later because I kept hearing this thumping and it was shaking the house. So I thought someone was trying to break in, so I went downstairs and didn't hear anything at the front door. I went into the kitchen and saw that there was a layer of cat food all over the floor. I found Ellie in the corner and she was thumping. Thats what I was hearing, her thumping for me to save her! haha. She was fine!
But there was a ceiling tile in the floor. It fell from the ceiling and scared the crap out of Ellie. That was at 7am, after 2 hours of sleep, I woke AJ up and I had to start my day.
Then the bridal shower. I ran around from 7am until like 7pm. Running on no food, 2 hours of sleep, 9 cups of coffee, 3 cokes and I never stopped moving. It was like I was a shark and if I stopped moving I would die!
Everything for the bridal shower went off without a hitch! It was great. We played games, everyone ate a lot of food. It was good. Then we had to bust our butts to clean everything up and get everything put together. It was exhausting.

My MIL kept AJ for the night and my husband and I were able to go out to dinner! We went to a pizza place, ate lots of pizza, I drank 2 beers and got some hot wings. It was delicious! Then we came home, watched The Walking Dead and I finally went to bed at 11 and slept until 10am. It was great!

I'm still so tired, but I got so much stuff done! Now to drink some more coffee and get some more stuff done!

Wow! Sounds like you had quite the two day! Dang, poor Ellie must've been scared to death! Ha. I would've been too. Glad the bridal shower was a blast and y'all got to have sweetie and honey time. Wings sound real good right now. Mmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Glad you got a lot done and everything went well. After nothing to eat and all that coffee you'll have to spend the next week eating healthy to recover.

Poor Ellie! I am sure that must have really frightened her. I'm glad you did get up. Lord knows what she might have done with the ceiling tile once she recovered from her fright.

Back