My baby bunny was born

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 Weeks Old Everyone!!!!!!!!!! The breeder said mine is the smallest of the litter and she cant really tell the gender yet since its so small but she "thinks" its a little girl. :p

[align=center]
015.jpg

[/align]

I bought this for "her" because I am so excited. If it turns out to be a boy, then I guess I will give it to my girl cat. LoL

100_8060.jpg

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Oh My isn't that little cutie growing up so fast.

I know the pics of "her" little were only 4 days ago and now look. Crazy how fast her mane is coming in. Its because shes a teddy. :p

Awwwwwwww Lily is so cute. She probably will look like her. I still am debating her name............

Kissy

Lucy

Maggie

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between Kissy and Maggie now. :? Is there something you can buy to put on wood so the bun doesnt chew it and if they try to, it wont hurt em? I am going to get a wooden hutch, but lots of people said they had problems with their buns chewing on it. Also...will the wire bottoms hurt the buns feet or is it ok since its not wide wire holes and its coated?

index.jsp
index.jsp

LionheadBB wrote:
Between Kissy and Maggie now. :? Is there something you can buy to put on wood so the bun doesnt chew it and if they try to, it wont hurt em? I am going to get a wooden hutch, but lots of people said they had problems with their buns chewing on it. Also...will the wire bottoms hurt the buns feet or is it ok since its not wide wire holes and its coated?

index.jsp
index.jsp
I like Mags instead of Maggie.

LionheadBB wrote:
:? Is there something you can buy to put on wood so the bun doesnt chew it and if they try to, it wont hurt em? I am going to get a wooden hutch, but lots of people said they had problems with their buns chewing on it. Also...will the wire bottoms hurt the buns feet or is it ok since its not wide wire holes and its coated?

I really don't suggest you use a coated wire as a floor. They can and will eat the coating offthe wire, especially the top of the wire. That will make pockets of coating that will catch bacteria and dirt around the wire , making a mess. You can give them a solid wood floor, it will just need to be cleaned every other day. You can give them litter pans inthe corner they use the most. That will make clean up a little easier. If you do use wire floors (1/2" x 1" opening is best), make sure the 1/2 spaced wire is facing UP. And give the bunnies resting boards (plywood or sheetrock/plasterboard) to give their feet a place to rest.

You can not (and should not) put any chemicals or painton the wood. Yes, they may chew it. But anything you use might make them sick. You can lay wire along the walls inside the wooden hutch to prevent chewing if necessary. Try giving them lots of toys and hay to chew, to keep them from getting bored.

Thank you so much BlueGiants! I have a link to the one I was looking at, so maybe you can read the specifications and tell me if you think the wire is spaced right and safe. The whole reason I was getting a pull out pan wire bottom is so I didnt have to deal with a litter box as I have before and the bun got it everywhere outside the cage on the floor.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751752

Awww she's so adorable!!! :blushan:

Lol, I'm not much into Kissy or Maggie but I vote for Kissy! :D

Can't wait for more pics!!

Numbat wrote:
Awww she's so adorable!!! :blushan:

Lol, I'm not much into Kissy or Maggie but I vote for Kissy! :D

Can't wait for more pics!!

Thank you so much!!! I just put my deposit on her today. I went with Maggie as I think it just fits her face. I also cant wait for more pics myself. lol

I made a site for her and to kind of sponser my breeders site so feel free to check it out and comment as I have a blog on there as well.

[align=center]CLICK ME!!!!!!
[/align]

I know, I cant believe how much they grow each week. She will be such a furball when I get her at 2 1/2 months. :D

Latest posts

Back