Munchkin's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring wrote:
Welcome to bunny mischief! She might be acting like thisbecause she got changed. Or pay back for keeping her in the cage whenshe knows your around. I think sweet bunnies turn into "Ware-Bunnies"at night, there most active time.. :D. They are so hyper during thistime! I know when I waksr up early to go see Pepsi around 5:30-6:00she'll come racing around her cage to come see me, barrel down the rampand race around the bottem then go back to the top. She goes nuts!

For noisey bunnies, I've found a nice good long run around before bedreally helped Pebble's to dose off during the night. I usually get herout at around 5:00 and leave her in my room to run her butt off untilaround 9:30. But I swear, in the morning as soon as Irollover or move she starts ripping her cardboard.

We'll have to see about tonight! I hope you don't have the little Munchkin keeping you awake!

Well, I can hardly be blamed for her entering her sexual maturity. She doesn't get spayed until June 16...heh

Blyre

Could be hormones, could just be a naughtybunny, or both! :D. Just remember to be patient when Munchkins beign alittle "Bunincula" (My word for Peb's when she's being a bit off):D.Hope Munchkin calms down after the spay, and in themeantime let Daddy sleep!

:bed:

I'm going to try a little experiment tonight andlet her run around the bedroom the entire night. I'm not sure thoughbecause I tried it earlier today and took a nap after work. When I wokeup, she had laid quite a pile of poop next to my back. I couldn't bemad at her because it struck me as funny.

Blyre

That could work. If she knows yuor there and is able to be with you then she might settle down. Rabbits can be quit clingy :D

Hope it works!

Spring wrote:
That could work. If she knows yuor there and is able to bewith you then she might settle down. Rabbits can be quit clingy :D

Hope it works!

I'm sure eventually an accomodation can be reached. I'm more worriedabout rolling over in the middle of the night and accidentallysquishing her....

She just gave me bunny kisses a minute ago so things aren't bad right now. :)

Blyre

I've heard about lots of people who sleep withtheir rabbits. I've always had a fear of this when I've been nappingwhile Pebble's was running in my room. I actually sort of tested thisto see what she would do while I was still awake. Whe was pretty closeto me sort of dozing off and I went to go roll over and she immediatelyjumped off my bed as soon as I moved. I think they know when to stayout of danger so I don't think this might be a problem :D.

The Great All-Night Bunny Run Experiment is deadbefore it had a chance to start. I just went back into my bedroom andcaught Munchkin peeing all over my bed. I'm not talking dribbles here,Folks. She was saving this up for a while. Despite what my temper wastelling me, I herded her back to her cage using my squirt bottle andput her up for the night.

I honestly don't know what is going on with her lately but if it iswhat I think it is, she will be intimately familiar with the inside ofher cage for the next month until her vet's appointment. I love her todeath but she seems to be bound and determined to be naughty every timeshe comes out for her exercise.

Oy Vey, and I thought going through puberty myself was tough. I justhope I got the urine up before it had a chance to really set. I can'tbelieve that she managed to slip something like this past me. It's likethe Speaker Wire Incident all over again...sheesh.

I'm not angry at her for doing what she did. I'm furious with myselffor not catching herin time. I should have been keeping acloser watch.

Blyre

This is a somewhat earlier than I usuallycheck in but I'm off work today and had nothing better to do. Well,other than playing with the bunny, of course. :D

I had Munchkin out for a few hours this morning and I am convinced thather recent behavior problems are the result of hormones building up inher. She hasn't thrown any temper tantrums today, but she isn't herusual fun loving self. She may be tired from all her activity lastnight but I am noticing that she appears very withdrawn today, optingto either go in her house when she's in her cage or in the hiding boxesI have placed around my bedroom when she's out.

She'll still come to me from time to time for treats, but doesn'tsettle near me. She'll let me pet her when she hiding out but otherwiseshe keeps her distance. When she went into her pet carrier for severalminutes, I grew concerned and looked in. When I did that, she licked myface then backed up and sat down to rest.

Poor thing has all these changes going on and no relief in immediatesight. I've been reading up on this sort of thing but I'm stillpowerless to do anything to sooth her until I can get her to the vet inJune. At this point, all I can do is be there for her and try toreassure her that she's safe and cared for.

Blyre

Aww poor baby. I think Pebble's is gettinghormonal.. she's been chinnig everything in site! Last night she took 5minutes straight to hop chin something hop chin something hop then chinmy feet. I hope she doesn't turn vicious during her puberty state.

Just give extra cuddles and extra treats and she'll be fine! :D

Thankfully, there's been no biting or nippingyet. I took a nap today and the poor thing got up on the bed with mebut every time she pawedmy back I'd flinch andshewould diveoff the bed and head for a corner to hide in. Ifelt bad when it happened (twice) but there wasn't much I could doabout it after the fact.

I did manage to get her into my arms earlier with treats but once she'dhad enough, she squirmed and I had to put her down. Apparently, this isone of those times when I need to exercise extra restraint and merelymaintain a presence around her. I'm already missing the binkies andracing around the bedroom carpeting.

They grow up way too fast.

Blyre

I just checked on her a couple minutes ago andwhile she appeared reluctant to come out of her house, she came outjust long enough to lick my nose before turning around and going backin.

I don't know what to make of that but I'm glad she's still showing affection.

Blyre

Spring wrote:
Ilove the baby stage. When they get older, they get like most cats..aloof. Atleast she comes for a kiss to Dad! :D

Yeah, a kiss from her means that things aren't totally going chaoticyet....hehe. I just hope she remembers I love her after she has herspay. I was just watching her play and the way she's growing, I'meither going to have to buy/build her a bigger cage or expand the oneshe's in now. The cage she's in now is 20" H x 19" D x 50" L.

I just saw her playing with her toys. She never did that before. I'mgoing to try and let her run around outside her cage tonight in mybedroom. Hopefully, the extra space will help her work out any excessenergy she might be totin around....hehe.

Blyre

Well, I let her out and got in bed. She hoppedaround for a bit, did a few binkies, and then went right back into hercage to eat hay and camp out in the litterbox. I'm too tired to try andcoax her out to play so I just closed up the cage and let herbe. She's been out off and on all day so she might just betired and wanting some cage time. I decided not to press the issue.

I don't think she'll grow up to be aloof. She seems more the "Bunnywith a To-Do List" Type. That's okay with me. I'll always be there forher when she needs me. Her happiness is the most important thing to me.:)

Blyre

Tonight was a great night for myself andMunchkin. She was feeling friendly and playful and I was needing abreak from worrying about her impending teens and the June spay.

For the first time since I got her, Munchkin actually did a bunny flopwhile I was petting her. I just started rubbing the base of her earsand head and next thing I know, she had flopped and pancaked with hereyes closed. I felt so happy that she was finally getting a day whereshe wasn't in a bad mood due to building hormones. I wish I could havegotten a picture of the flop but as with sweet moments such as these,it came and went very quickly.

Later, she supervised me as I gave her cage a light cleaning and herlitter box a more moderate once over. I've discovered that if she seeswhat I'm doing, she is less prone to throw a fit over it later when I'mtrying to sleep...hehe.

My Sweetie earned her Craisins tonight. I'd have given her the wholebag for being as good as she was but that would probably spoil herappetite for her real food.

Again, tonight was a great night for Munchkin and myself. :D

Blyre

I wish I had something interesting to posttonight but things are really normal around here. Munchkin was outearlier and she played and gave me kisses every chance she got andsplit her out time between playing around me and dining in her cage. Ieven let her out earlier while I took a nap and she was a perfectangel. At least that's what my instincts are telling since I sawnothing obviously out of place when I woke up.

She's being as affectionate and playful as I've ever known her to beand even playing with her toys and racing around her cage. Thismorning, she saw me wake up and ran laps around her cage and mobbed herdoors trying to get me to let her out. When I got home from work, shedid almost the same thing.

My little girl is definitely in a better mood right now. :)

Blyre

Glad you had a good day yesterday! Rabbits canhave their off days, like people do! We need more pictures of Munchkinthough! Please?

:happydance

Latest posts

Back