Munchkin's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry about the lack of recent pictures,Guys, but my time has been slowly shrinking due to the upcoming moveand more responsibilities given me at work. In other words, I'm wipedwhen I get in the door. I give Munchkin her out time but I end upfalling asleep while she's romping around the bedroom.

Excuses aside, I promise to make some time this weekend to get some pictures ready. :D

Blyre

Munchkin was a good girl today though she'sstarting to show that moodiness streak she had last week. She wasprobably irked because I had to leave for a while this morning to meetwith her vet about her being boarded later this year due to acommittment of mine.

We were playing and I gave her a mock growl. There was no way I'd knowthat she would instantly bolt to her cage and hide in her box. Usuallyshe'll binky away from me then come back to play some more. Anotherpossibility is that we've been having on and off thunderstorms todayand she might be getting freaked out.

Anyway, here are some pics of her out at play today:

MunchkinExploring.jpg

MunchkinExploring2.jpg

I'll be posting some Litter Box shots shortly. :D

Blyre

Here are some shots of her posing in her Litter Box. She's so cute when she poses. :D

MunchkininLitterBox.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox2.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox3.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox4.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox5.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox6.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox7.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox8.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox9.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox10.jpg

MunchkininLitterBox11.jpg

I'll try to be more punctual with the pics in the future. Enjoy! :D

Blyre

Spring did me a really good turn today and putme on to some local breeders and one of the closest breeds Flemish. Icalled up the closest breeder, nice lady, and she told me that shewould have a litter ready for sale in about three months. Know whatthis means? Hehe, in about 3-4 months, there may be a big Flemish boyin my home as a pal for Munchkin.

Mad Props to Spring for looking out. :cool:

Blyre, who notes that there's big and then there's FLEMISH big...hehe

PS: No more Pet Store animalsfor me. As of now, I getmyanimals directly from Breeders. I'll get my supplies fromthe PSs but that's about it.

Yay!! Pictures!! There's Daddy's little girl!She is so sweet! After looking at Flemish Pictures, I'm starting tothink you already have one on your hands! :) Look at those ears! Here'sa website that a person on this board has about Flemish's to see thepictures:

http://www.seltenrightfarmfgr.com/flemisstock.html

Her ears are my favourite feature! :) Hehe she has cute little feet! How big is she? Do you know how much she weighs?

Thought you might like a website on information about care, background and very cute baby pictures of Flemmies! :)

http://sunnyoaksrabbits.tripod.com/id1.html

I hope it's true bunny love! When the little fellowcomes!:hug2We'll needTRIPLE the pictures though ofMunchkin and her new to be boyfriend! :). Daddy'll have to share hislittle girl with someoen else! :love:

Your welcome, Glad to help!:thumbup

I haven't weighed or had her weighed yet, but Iwould venture that she is probably between 2-4 pounds approximate.She's definitely not overweight though I confess to not knowing exactlyhow much she should be weighing at around 13 weeks old.

When she really stretches out, she could probably go a good 12-14inches from nose to tail. Heh, when she bunches up she's all ears andfeet and she's so good at the sitting pretty pose that it just tugs atmy heart when I see it.

I'll have more exact numbers when she goes in for her Vet appointment on June 16.

Oh she was so sweet a little bit ago. I was stroking her back verygently and she just turned aroundand pushed her head under myhand. So, for about a half-hour, she got her head and ears rubbed. Shejust put her head down and closed her eyes. It was so sweet. It wasthen I noticed that the fur at the tips of her ears are slightly darkerthan the rest of her, possibly her Dwarf side. She only stopped me frompetting her twice, for scratching itches, and then it was back to morehead rubs.

I feel bad that I can't spend all my time with her, but I try to makeup for it when Weekends come around. I'm sure she doesn't begrudge methat but I feel bad when I'm home and I have to leave her in her cageto entertain herself while I'm doing other stuff in the apartment.

She still doesn't care much for being held and even less so for beingput down on the floor again and I'm trying to respect her preferences.It's just so hard when she's that darned cute! hehehe.

Blyre

Munchkin's exercise time was cut short by anexceptionally loud crash of thunder from the storm that's passingthrough our area. As soon as I heard it, I ran back to check on her andfound her hunkered down on top of her house looking more than a littlefearful. I didn't want to increase her fear by picking her up (sinceshe was already in her cage) so I just gave her several gentle pets onher head and spoke quietly reassuring her that it was only thunder andit couldn't get her.

When she gets like that, the only thing to do is close up her cage and let her relax until she feels it's safe again.

Blyre

She's so sweet :). Pepsi as soon as I startpetting her she melts to the floor and wants me to put my head on her(she loves it when I do this and will close her eyes and purr). Mostrabbits hate being picked up, I know my two do!

Is thunder constant? I've found if it's around halloween andfirecracker time and Pepsi seems bothered by it I just play some quietmusic and she seems to like that. Poor girl scared of thunder :(.

It's early Sunday Morning and I just putMunchkin up after letting her run around the bedroom all night. She'snot an exceptionally large rabbit right now but when she's doing Bunny500s across the bed, down to the floor, around the bed, and then upagain, it sounds like cattle being stampeded right next to my ear. I'veresigned myself that this is the price for letting her come out.:caffeine:D

Heh, a couple times she woke me up by licking my arm when she wouldscare herself and come running to me. I thought that was hilarious.

It occurs to me that she's not the only one who hasn't developed a routine yet to cope with this living situation...hmm.

Before I forget, her ears are rather large. I'm starting towonder if maybe the pet store gave me bad information on her breeding.I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time. What is it with retail anyway?You would think that their employees would get a minimum of productknowledge training.

Blyre

I think a dedicated Rabbit Room would be a bighelp for me down the road. I would love to have a place where Munchkincould have the option to come and go as she pleases.

Blyre

My rabbit room is sort of a shoe room, storage,ect and is the enterance to the garage. I need my mom to help me movesome stuff out there so I can get ready to design the pens.

Yeah, it's really great I'm glad I have itbecause I can keepall my rabbit stuff organized in one room and I can shut the door andlet Pepsi run around there so I don't have to worry about her gettinginto something she shouldn't :).

Today I started working Overtime at the Prisonand didn't get out of there until 7:30 at night. When I got home,Munchkin was sitting on top of her house waiting for me to let her outfor a while. Unfortunately, I didn't get in the door until almost 8:30so her play time got cut down to about a half-hour. I'll make it up toher on the weekend when I let her run wild in the bedroom without a setplay time.

She's being a little skittish toward me lately because I had to giveher a spritz from the spray bottle over a little carpet chewingincident a day or two ago. She's getting over it but she's beingtentative about coming near me right now. I'm going to pick her up somecraisins on Friday and perhaps introduce her to some fresh grapes inthe process. I hear that some bunnies really like the taste of grapesand so I want to see how my little girl will like them as occasionaltreats.

I really don't like to have to work so much but the extra money will goa long way toward moving us into a better place to live and pay offsome bills so I can build her a better cage than the one she's livingin now. I don't know if she truly understands how much I love her, butI'm sure if I keep trying to do right by her everything will work outjust fine.

Blyre

She does remind me a lot of Elf...but they'reright about the ears...definitely look Flemmie to me too. Flemish cancome in that color as well. Whatever she is, she's gorgeous!!!

Anyone heard from Blyre? He was postingregularly about Munchkin, and then he sorta dissapeared... hopeeverything is alright. :?

Hey Blyre! We want a Munchkin update! :stikpoke

Latest posts

Back