Munchkin's Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have officially restarted Munchkin's litterbox training and I intend on achieving success. To that end, I havemoved her water bottle, food bowl, and hay box into the living sectionof her cage. That, of course, leaves her litter box in the diningsection of the cage.

Her cage is actually two Midwest Wabbitat 25x19x20 cages clippedtogether to form a larger unit. For a little bunny, it's a pretty goodamount of space. The living section is rather crowded at the moment andI won't know if it's made any difference until I completely clean thecage pans tomorrow and judge the amount of pills and whatnot I findover the next few weeks.

Munchkin's a little peeved with me right now over changing herapartment but I have to do something to move her litter box trainingforward before I can get her used to having some time outside her cage.This is an aspect of pet ownership that I'm not finding all thatmuchfun but the alternative is bunny landmines or worse allover my living room.

As promised, here are some first pics of mylittle Munchkin. I just got the camera so some of the photos may be alittle shaky and of course, bunny decided to be lovey-dovey and notstay very still for the camera. I'll post more as I take them. :)

Man, I'm loving the idea of sharing my baby with you all but there has to be a better way....heh.

Blyre, who will be here all week so try the veal!

Today, Munchkin got spoiled big time. New toys,a new hay bin (okay that was more for me because of earlier haymesses...heh), a couple more grass mats, a brand new pet carrier, andnew bedding, litter, and hay. Well, the new video camera andtripod was for her too so I'll add that to the list.

I know she's loving the heck out of the hay bin. Hay whenever she wants it...yay! hehe

Blyre, who was honestly surprised that all that stuff didn't set him back more in cost.

Hi, your little darling is very cute, I lover her ears and her colour is gorgeous.

One day I must get a rabbit that's not white, I have 4 white Bunnies.

Soooska:bunnydance::jumpingbunny::bunny19:apollo:

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi, your little darling is very cute, I lover her ears andher colour is gorgeous.

One day I must get a rabbit that's not white, I have 4 white Bunnies.

Soooska:bunnydance::jumpingbunny::bunny19:apollo:

Ironic you should say that because I've had 4 bunnies in my entire life and none of them have been white.

Here's a photo of Munchkin testing the integrity of her home....from the outside....heheh

Blyre

Tonight, I used a trick that I had read on oneof the rabbit pages to coax Munchkin back into her home. I caught hertrying to go behind a stack of cardboard boxes that I hadn't gottenaround to putting away and I wanted to discourage her from eating filesthat hadn't been unpacked yet.

Basically, I walked behind her and clapped my hands repeatedly whilesaying "bedtime" in a loud enough voice. I kept doing this until shecrossed into her home and then stopped. I must admit that it isdefinitely an effective technique in getting a naughty bunny to go tobed without making her home seem like a prison.

She's really not all that naughty but occaisonally she gets a case of the butt and ignores Daddy....hehe. Kits these days.....

Blyre

My little Boo-bers is not having a good daytoday. We live downtown and when it gets to being Summer, they blockoff the street from time to time for little fairs and whatnot. Well,Munchkin isn't used to hearing all these strange sounds coming fromoutside and she's been having little spaz attacks. Right now, she'sholed up in her nest box apparently to ride out the storm. Oh yeah,it's raining outside today which isn't adding to her or my mood. Poorthing is having difficulty being a city rabbit...hehe.

On a good note, I got her used to going in and out of the pet carrierso that is a plus when it becomes time for her to visit theVeterinarian. Of course, I'm hoping that we won't have to make thattrip until she needs to be spayed.

I took some new pics but they need to be resized and renamed before I can post them. I'll try to put some up as soon as I can.

Thanks for the compliments on Munchkin, LuvaBun and everyone. I wasapprehensive about bringing a bunny into my home but I'm finding her tobe a wonderful companion and worth all the extra effort that raising apet entails.

Blyre

A very quiet Sunday over here and I'm taking time away from doing my usual chores to post on the day.

I finally learned why Munchkin always seems to be awake and active sooften. She stays up when I'm in the Living Room and as long as I'maround she'll stay awake to apparently keep an eye on what I'm doing.It's kind of cute when you think about it.

I have her in her cage today so I can start getting her used tospending a lot of time in it once I go back to work. The cage set up islarge enough so she has plenty of moving around room and I put enoughgoodies in it so that she won't be bored. When my next payday gets herein two weeks, I'm going to install her rabbit run so that she will beable to spend time out of the cage again. She needs more reinforcementto her immediate surroundings and though I feel somewhat guilty abouthaving her in lockdown, she's only been here a week and my letting herrun around the Living Room may be currently doing more harm than good.

Of course, I talk to her a lot and give her nose rubs through the barsso it's not like she's not getting any attention. Today, I need a breakfrom following her around and making sure she doesn't get in trouble.

Very tired bunny parent here....hehe

Blyre

Blyre wrote:
Today, I need a break from following her around and makingsure she doesn't get in trouble.

Very tired bunny parent here....hehe

Blyre
lol...i know how that feels.. i have to follow peapoo around to make sure she doesnt chew wires:D

I've noticed something interesting tonight. WhenI let Munchkin out to run around, she gets very animated and binkiesall over the place. But when she goes into her cage for an extendedperiod of time, she tends to go into her nest box and lay there staringat me in between napping and the odd trips over to her bowl and bottlefor feed and water. Is she trying to use her mysterious bunny powers tosilently persuade me to open the cage door?

Today, I stuffed her nest box full of hay so that she could havesomething more than just her grass mat to lie on. She looks so cute inthere all curled up and I know she had fun organizing her bed the wayshe wanted.

I hope she doesn't feel like I'm punishing her or something becausewhile I want her to have her play time, I also need her to have hercage time. Of course, she might just be really tuckered out becausewhen she is out, she is really out. That bunny can really work up asweat when she's playing....heh.

Blyre

Latest posts

Back