MPHF and their bun Floppy need some good wishes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a VERY smart idea. Easiest and best way to get them done :)

Today it was a bit harder to give her her meds. As we can't hold her for two months when we try and syringe it she struggles. Today we put it on food. It worked ok but some of it dripped off. Has anyone got any ideas of how we could syringe it but without holding her?

What kind of meds have you got? Metacam? Baytril?

I personally use food for mine, but I have to use different food for each bunny.

This is a strange thing to say, but its good she is fighting. If she has enough fight in her to fight you back, and enough strength in her leg, that's good.

If you struggle giving it orally then it might be worth going back to the vet and seeing you can learn to administer it injectably, which should be easier to do.

Yeah it is Metacam and Baytril :)
While shes's taking it ok on food, we will carry on with that. We just wondered if there was a different way.
We thought it was good she's struggling as well, she's also putting even more weight on it today and trying to hop a little in her little area. :p bless her :D
We might go back to the vets and learn about injecting it, just in case, for the future :D

The Baytril will be the hardest because it will run off. Maybe try putting it on one side of a dandelion leaf and then putting a dandelion leaf on top to sandwich it in the middle, but feed it with other unlaced foods so she doesn't suss when you are feeding her drugs and when you aren't.

That's a good idea, we didn't think of that. We did put it on a dandelion this morning but some of it ran off. I don't really think she minds if it has drugs on or not, she just wants the food :biggrin2: lol! But we will do that just in case she realises what it really is :p

We had a bit of a shock this morning. Harley boy was mounting Floppy! It is the first time he has done this. Poor little girl.
We caught Flops dreaming with her head and ears right back. Her ears started to flap. :p
It is Flops 1st gotcha day today and Minstrel 2nd birthday as well. :D

Happy Gotcha day Floppy and Happy Birthday Minstrel :)

Harley may be inclined to do that anyway, but because they live outside its missed, maybe.

I would, however, not let him do that because that will put great pressure on her leg. What is that little man playing at! I thought he was a good nurse :p

Is Harley more in control this morning?

Maybe yesterday he was trying to give her a 'happy gotcha day' present :p

Harley is behaving a bit more like a gentle bun today. We forgot yesterday that it would have been Gizmo's 2nd birthday too. :( But we have bought two bunches of flowers to put on her grave.
All the buns had oats and banana mashed up like a cake yesterday. It didn't upset Harleys tum so we were happy bout that.

Yesterday, Flops seemed a bit more in pain. She was more reluctant to move her leg andmore lerthargic.She had her meds half an hour later thannormal,she also had less rest the day before.Today she seems better, putting more weight on it and less lerthargic and resting lots :)

Tomorrow she has a check up at the vets to see how the wound is healing.

Wish her luck :pray:

Isn't she supposed to be on no exercise?

Poor Floppy :(

On a side note, how many of my NIC grids did you use? Did you use all 8?

Cool ok. Ah, gentle physio. Bless her. Must be hard for all of you.

I'm enjoying fussing around them and Hannah's enjoying it cos i'm not fussing around her, but we would rather Flops be running around the garden. It's lovely when they flop around each other. They must be happy with what we are doing.

Latest posts

Back