MPHF and their bun Floppy need some good wishes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll probably be really miffed when they don't get special attention anymore. Sky got really depressed, lol.

How are Minstrell and Penguin doing?

Minstrel and Penguin are ok. They still wonder why they are the only buns in the garden. Penguin is having a terrible moult and we have to pluck her twice a day at least.

Aw. I thought Minstrell might be getting a bit jealous. glad to hear their doing ok though.

Yes, we too are struggling with ridiculous moulting. Not fun for us or them.

Arrr how cute, mine was white with ginger sort of areas and spots all over him and he was very sort of fluffy furred, one of those pretty bunnies. He has a floppy ear on one side and the side with no ear he looked like a hamster lol xx Looking back (about 12 years) i think he was a bit fat in hindsight as the lead we bought him would never fit around his belly LOL :blushan::blushan: i think back then they had alan and page mix unlimited which might explain it well hind sight is great hey. He was a house bun, a very messy destructive house bun lol xx

Aww he sounds really cute. :D
Flops has just come back from her check up and she is doing better than expected. Joe said that he didn't expect her to be putting weight on her leg yet! :) He moved it all about and says that it feels stable but he can't say for sure that it will be ok. when he does the x-ray on 14th September he is going to clip her claws as well. He said we shouldn't risk putting everything out of place again :)

She's also having her Metacam reduced by one drop :D

Just an update on how Flops is getting on. :D
She's doing really well, but it's getting harder for us to keep her in her confined space. Everytime we put in her food or water she pushes on the cage and it's quite a struggle to stop her coming out! :p
Tomorrow she is down to one drop of metacam. :D

Floppy is doing great :D
I just wanted to ask about her vaccinations. She is due for her VHD this month and I was just wondering, with her leg, if she should get it done or wait until her leg is healed?

It depends on how well she's doing with the leg. If it's still swollen at all, I wouldn't do vaccinations yet. It sounds like she's almost fully healed by now, so I don't think the vaccination will be too much stress on her immune system. However of course your vet will know best.

Floppy is still doing really well. She is putting more weight on her leg. We had to keep her on two drops of metacam as when she was on one, she wouldn't put her leg down and would hold it up. She has got an appointment on Monday morning for her x-ray. Fingers crossed everything is still in place.

Floppy and Harley are now at the vets. The vet should phone me about 2ish to tell me how the x-ray is and when we can pick them up. I am worried about it but trying to keep a positive outlook and hoping everything is still in place.

The vet just phoned. Her leg is healing but not as quickly as Joe hoped. He said if she was younger he would expect it to be healed but because she is an older bun thats why. All the metal work and bands are still in place. She will need to be in confinement for another month and another x-ray in a month. :)

Latest posts

Back