Misty, Charlie and Oliver's Crawl Space

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah PB - no pictures. I forgot to take my cameraif you can believe it - I'm so bad at remembering until I have alreadyleft the house.

Bassetluv - I have a nice front yard and deck.. the problem is, I havehawks in my area. A lot of them. I hear themscreeching on a daily basis (not so much right nowthough...). I don't like taking them outside because thereare hawks that sometime sit right in the trees behind our house.

Who knew Toronto had so many of them. :?

Hi Nadia, we have those darn hawks out here inAjax too. I watch out my backyard for then thenandscare them away. Unfortunately i was too late acouple of times and the got a couple of birds. I realize theyhave to eat but I'd rather it not be in my backyard.

We're really careful if we bring Buttercup outside in the summer, weusually only bring him on the deck with the awning opened so so atleast he is hidden from the hawk.

Susan:bunnydance:

SO Misty is not a fat a** anymore. LOL. That's what I started calling my little chunky. She gained a bunch of weight when Charlie came on the scene because she would eat her pellets and then eat his share of pellets also.

So she gained a bit of weight. I cut the pellets down so they were only getting 1/2 the amount and although it's only 1/4 cup between the both of them, they seem to be doing well on it.

Misty has lost some of the weight she gained. I took her in to the vet to have her teeth done, got her weighed and is down from 4.1lbs to 3.7lbs which is way better looking on her and the vet took her off the overweight list.

:D

Nadia & a not so fat Misty

I have a bunch on my camera, but have been a lazy butt about getting them on the computer. That will be my goal for this week - some new pictures. :)

So....

Neil and I went to the Toronto Humane Society to pet bunnies on Saturday... and we walked out with one.

We've decided to call him Oliver.

We walked by his cage and he stuck his nose up to the bars, so I pet him and he was chinning and licking my hands like he already owned me. Neil took him out of his cage and Oliver (who's name was Almond in the shelter) spent about 15 minutes licking Neil's hands and face... smart bunny cause Neil fell in love with him right away.

We've had him in the spare bedroom in our basement for the last days and a half. He's the happiest little guy ever. Was doing bunny 500s and binkies from the moment he got in there. He's also super affectionate. Was hard to get pictures of him because if I'm on the floor.... he's on top of me.

The shelter said he wasn't very cuddly or affectionate, but boy did they get that wrong. I took a nap on the bed in the spare room, and he spent the whole time on the bed with me cuddled on the pillow beside me and jumping all over the blankets.

He's energetic - all baby bunny energy. Ok enough talk from me - here's the pictures!

oliver1.jpg

oliver3.jpg

oliver4.jpg

oliver7.jpg

oliver2.jpg

oliver6.jpg

Oliver

Adorable :biggrin2:!

He looks just like one of the buns that has been sitting in Petco for far too long :(.

Wow, he is gorgeous! And I love the name Oliver, it was one I considered for Tumnus.

He is such a lucky little man and it seems like he knows it. So how is Princess Misty reacting to this? Does she know there is an intruder in her home?

Haley wrote:
Wow, he is gorgeous! And I love the name Oliver, it was one I considered for Tumnus.

He is such a lucky little man and it seems like he knows it. So how is Princess Misty reacting to this? Does she know there is an intruder in her home?

It seems so far that as long as Neil or I don't smell like him, then she's just curious about the smell. When we smell like him, she gets a bit agressive and is charging Charlie a bit... until she realizes it's him and then licks his eyes.

I think if we do it right, it might work out ok. I plan on letting her smell him on various inanimate objects before we actually ever let her see him. That was the mistake we made when we brought Charlie home - she saw us cuddling him and then all hell broke loose.

So the plan is - keep him in quaranteen for another week or so, meanwhile bringing up various things that smell like him. I'm going to find out about getting him neutered at a vet near me (not at my normal vets because they won't neuter before 5 months, but Oliver's testicles have already dropped).

:) Neil and I spent the evening in the spare bedroom reading and Oliver spent the entire time on the bed running and jumping all over us - off roading. Was very funny.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Looks like he has the personality like Pebbles.

Hey, Pebbles is looking for a boyfriend. They would be a good match.

Rainbows! :D

Very true!! They would make a great looking couple... but that means you'll have to send Pebbles off to live here with us.. are you sure you're willing to do that?

:biggrin2:

He's a doll. shhh, I mean a handsome brut. Lucky guy.Thanks for sharing the pics.

:shock2:OMG (here comes the baby talk....)what a icle wittle cutie boy!!:inlove::hug:

Nadia I think you win the prize for the cutest rabbits, between Cookie, Misty, Charlie and nowOliverIdon't know how you can leave them alone!:blueribbon:

Latest posts

Back