Minnesota Madness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I have been sad...sad about the fact that I have a huge back yard, for being a townie I mean lol and it has been soo darn cold I cant even let the boys go out to play. It is bairn snow back there. All I see r the bunny prints from the wild bunnies running around...*sign*

Oh Brenda I meant boys as in my kids...I took my boys as in my buns out last night on the deck...they loved that soo much...we were only out there about 10 min tho

fuzz16 wrote:
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/1548892115.html
its so tempting...with those HUGE ears. they came from a litter of i think 11. but ya...ugh. i want him -.-

and i wanna take mine out into the snow but they outgrew their harnesses and i am to broke to buy another one lol
I didnt see meat or pet on the ad...but they r soo cute I can see why u r having a hard time

Fancy77 wrote:
They r Flemish Giants. They r hands down our favorite breed here. Glad u stopped by to check out the blog...I have a lot of demanding followers here so if I dont keep them happy I get in trouble...

Isnt Fluffy a Palomino??? that is a large breed too...
Yeah, Flemish is a breed I had never heard of until I came to RO so I'm still figuring out the distinguishing characteristics of them. Size can be hard to tell in photos!

Fluffy is a Palomino or a mix. I have definitely seen larger buns in person, specifically the Californians at the shelter. Would either of your Flemmies fit in an oatmeal container? Maybe I just need to see a Flemmie in person to judge. Fluffy is definitely bigger than the dwarf breeds but most of the mixes I see at the shelter are around her size.

I need to get her to the vet and have her weighed.

I wonder what my bun would think of snow. Sadly, we will never have any to find out!

Fluffy needs to come to MN to check out the snow..I can keep her indefinitely, I love Palominos!!!

Well right not their heads could fit in the container...but the rest of them no way lol

I got Jay Jay neutered in November and her weighed 9 lbs then at about 4 months old.

Fancy77 wrote:
fuzz16 wrote:
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/1548892115.html
its so tempting...with those HUGE ears. they came from a litter of i think 11. but ya...ugh. i want him -.-

and i wanna take mine out into the snow but they outgrew their harnesses and i am to broke to buy another one lol
I didnt see meat or pet on the ad...but they r soo cute I can see why u r having a hard time

he had a few ads before that showed the litter when they were a couple weeks old saying they are large rabbits for meat and not show quality

its those ears...fallow doesnt have flemmie ears. just his gmas ears lol

im trying to picture my bun in an oatmeal container...lol..i dont think itd fit very far

I couldnt' believe that my oldest BJ woke me up this morning. The best part of all that was that it was earlier than I normally get up. He figured that if he was up that it was also time for me to get up...YAWN...its is just too bad I was up till midnight watching Celebrity Rehab
:bed:

Last night I finally decided to try the Furminator...HA HA HA. I have had it for months now but have been hesitant to use it. I started with Monty. Clipped his nails...OUCH now I have such pretty lacerations...THX Monty.

It wasnt too bad at all. I only got a little hair off him and it wasnt messy. So ok I thought this isnt too bad, now for Jay Jay. John was kind enough to offer to help...this is his first time helping, so I just chuckled cuz he will love the smell of scent glands.

So I clipped his nails, cleaned scent glands...now onto the Furminator. From jump it was like a blizzard of hair. John had put his jacket on so he wouldnt get his arms scratched (its a black jacket) by the end of me brushing Jay Jay John and I looked like ghosts. Hair floating all over and into our mouths and noses, we were covered in hair. What was I thinking...I was such a speed bump with brushing. And I also think I lost the privilege of John helping me next time lmao

Note to self...dont ever do it in the house again
:sweep:vacuum:

LOL i love furminating. my buns arnt shedding a whole lot anymore thankfully...but it was EVERYWHERE when they molted. gross

o and if the thought makes you feel better...id totally help you in Johns place lol

Fancy77 wrote:
Monty

3Monty112.jpg
Monty's in the house! I love the picture.

This weekend i sewed..ha ha whats new, I do it all the time :) I also have a run set up for the buns so come down and have play time when I am down there. I brought Monty down for a while on Sat.

It was time for him to be put back in his cage a few hours later. I did this with no problems. then later that evening I was hearing weird noises upstairs. This normally would have not got my attention, but I was the only one home.

I go upstairs to investigate. Nothing...no ones there, but I see bunny droppings in a few different areas. OK this is soo odd cuz every one is in there cages...hmmm ok I will look at the clips on the cages to see if any r broken...this is such an odd thought cuz they r metal clips like I used on my horse lead ropes. But why not...the other thought was maybe the wild rabbits decided they needed a better place to live than under my back deck lol.

I have 5 of these clips on Jay Jay cage cuz is such a Houdini...nope he is in his cage nice and secure. I then investigate Monty...nope he is in his cage nice and secure...so I thought. I have 2 clips on his cage...the top one is just fine, but when looking at the bottom it has a huge space there...wtf happened, did the metal clip break, and he got out?? Nope the clip is fime..I only clipped the top one when I put him back in his cage b4.

He snuck through the unclipped space which was only open about 5 inches, then went to explore the house, and when he was done put him self back in his cage like nothing ever happened.

I was surprised that there wasnt more droppings or pee. Just a few to vacuum up, and one pee spot that was more of a territory marker in front on Jay Jay cage.

I wonder what Monty was thinking...he had freedom and then decided he didnt want it...

Back