MINI-REX Maddness -(Now Closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bo B Bunny wrote:
HAHA! I tell my son that...... "he licks you cause you stink and he's giving you a bath!"
I swear that it's true! Zoe's like a 4-lb. mother hen to Dan, always cleaning his arms or licking his face. I'm lucky to receive one kiss (or bath) from her every few months'--if that often. :? My only conclusion is that I stink prettier than a man. ;)

kherrmann3 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
I got to pet a few rexes yesterday. So soft. :inlove:
Don't you just want to smoosh your face into their fur? I do :biggrin2: Berry-Boo is molting right now, so I just have to wait... :(
I did that with a foster I had. Man I miss him. Desi was such a sweet little one.

Does anyone know how to groom a molting mini-rex? I assumed it was the same as grooming a regular bun, but her fur doesn't come out with the Shed Ender. It's just flying over the apartment, though (her hair).

kherrmann3 wrote:
Does anyone know how to groom a molting mini-rex? I assumed it was the same as grooming a regular bun, but her fur doesn't come out with the Shed Ender. It's just flying over the apartment, though (her hair).
I've the Furminator but rarely use it; the girls won't sit still, and it's hard to use that tool when they're moving. So I usually wind up gently swiping them with the Zoom-Groom as they wiggle in/out of my hands. Zoe will actually sit still at times, so the Zoom-Groom works especially well on her. (She's definitely molting now, and Emma, I fear, is just starting....:()

Wet your hands and rub the bunny down. Most of the fur will come out with the dampness, then you rinse it off. Plug up the drain!

I use a cat come, a zoom groom, and Bo's gotten sore so I have to be careful. He also molts in weird patters and his hair is a mess so you want to be really careful. Don't overgroom.

Berry-Boo's extra-long crazy whisker above her left eye is the spittin' image of Zoe's (which is above her right eye).

:biggrin2:

I haven't cut any bunnies' whiskers (yet), but our cat's needed to have a few trimmed, lest he get an eye infection from them. (It's like the dang things literally zero-in on the eyeball region. :?)

Question on Berry-Boo: I may have missed the reason, but why are Berry-Boo's front legs shaven in the previously-posted video of her? (Was she hospitalized? :()

Jenk

I'm posting newer pictures of my Mini Rex! :) I have four (and babies currently (and hopefully) on the way!) Berry-Boo is sooo cute! I just want to snuggle with her! And all the other Mini's too! hehe.

Bruce

WinterTime042.jpg

WinterTime048.jpg

Sage

101_1900.jpg

WinterTime054.jpg

Lily

MemorialWeekend003.jpg

WinterTime022.jpg

Ray

TCF23Sheep003.jpg

September2019.jpg

Emily

Jenk wrote:
Question on Berry-Boo: I may have missed the reason, but why are Berry-Boo's front legs shaven in the previously-posted video of her? (Was she hospitalized? :()

Jenk
I have no idea why it took me this long to post an answer. :( The shaved front legs are from her spay. I was a little shocked by that, too, because they didn't do that with Toby. I was very surprised. We called it her "poodle cut".

Luv-bunniz wrote:
I have to say...I am in LOVE with rex's! They always look so cuddly and pudgy :p
Typically, they are. :)But in my (unfortunate) experience, their digestive systemsare touchy-as-hell and, thus, difficult to appease (and afford). :(:(:(

Jenk

I've not had that problem. I think they all can have issues but some are just more prone to it. Bo is very snuggly - but can also be a brat! LOL! He will let you pet him for hours while he lays his head on your shoulder. It's nice.

Ah! I just now see there is a mini rex thread!!
I'll just have to contribute my 2 new girls!

3271253159_2e59266322.jpg

3298926154_e388c5fdb2.jpg

3298917844_6ffa286299.jpg

3295719349_84254975f2.jpg

3292115538_31ea1bbfa3.jpg

3271252875_dc4061755f.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous girls! (As if you didn't know as much. :D)

I just want to sink my fingers into their ultra-plush fur--and I already have two Mini Rex girls of my own. Guess I can never get enough of a "fix" from two MRs.

Seeing this page again makes me long for Berry-Boo (again)....*sigh* I'm glad, though, that she's found a good, loving home.

:biggrin2:

Jenk

Latest posts

Back