MINI-REX Maddness -(Now Closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Jenk wrote:
Per that third photo, it looks like Ray's trying to make the great escape. ;)
Yes indeed! Lol. He's like "It's not what cha think Mom. I's just looking for worms for my daddies fishin' trip :D"
It could also be the stock answer of: "It wasn't me!" :D

Jenk wrote:
Ditto. (How far is Waukesha, WI from the northwest Chicago 'burbs? ;))
Haha! Waukesha isn't that far! It takes me less then two hours to get the the WI/IL border on I-94! :p Berry-Boo came from Chicago originally! :p

kherrmann3 wrote:
I was so surprised when Berry-Boo got here! I never knew that mini-rex were so... uhh... mini-rex-like? I don't know how to put it, but they are definitely unique. I have to admit, I was guilty of calling them my "least-favorite breed" when I worked at the pet store in high school. I never liked their faces (that and the ones at the pet store... whenever you would see their faces, they were lunging at you with their mouths open...). Now that I've been around Berry-Boo, I love mini-rex! They still don't top Nethies or Holland lops or mini-lops, but they are in my top five favorite breeds! I love their curly whiskers and pouty lips!

hmmm.... so, I'm thinking Berry-Boo isn't a "foster" anymore, right? This is definitely a permanent addition to the household.

Elf Mommy wrote:
hmmm.... so, I'm thinking Berry-Boo isn't a "foster" anymore, right? This is definitely a permanent addition to the household.
Sadly, I don't think so. Her and Toby just don't get along well enough to leave them alone together (they are just too naughty). Toby is terrified of her. Granted, he hasn't seen another bun since he came home with me when he was 6 weeks old. He is coming up on four years old this coming March! :( He always did like to watch the cottontails outside at my mum's house, though...

I can't keep two rabbits in two separate cages, either. It's too much work. As of right now, I don't have a problem because I am home all day. Once I get off my lazy, unemployed butt, though, I don't know if I will have enough "one-on-one" time for both buns. If they were bonded, it would be another story. It would be easier to crawl into ONE living space and clean it up, but two is just too time-consuming. Plus, bonded buns would keep each other company. I don't want to have two lonely buns during the day. I think that is too cruel. That's why I left my pet cockatiel, Johnny, at my mum's house. He was bonded to her cockatiel, Sweetie, and I just couldn't bear to part with them. Explaining that to the Humane Society when I adopted my finches wasn't easy... :grumpy: ANYWAYS, I think Berry-Boo needs a mellow, gentle guy for her husbun. He would have to accept that she is #1. Same with Toby. He needs a more-mellow girlie than Berry-Boo for a wifey. :( *sigh* I know I am going to cry like a blubbery moron when she finds her forever home, though. I am just that way :p

:threadhijacked:

ANYWAYS... Back to the BUNNEHS!

Rorschach Bunneh asks "What do you see here?"

I don't see any "hidden" images/patterns in her fur. Does anybody see anything? I keep looking, but no luck :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Curious? Have you actually tried any bonding techniques?
Yup. They didn't work very well. I've tried the neutral area stuff, Berry-Boo jumped on Toby and he ran and hid behind me. Tried the car ride thing, too (in separate carriers, facing each other). Berry-Boo was huddled up against Toby's area, and he was trying to get as far away from her as physically possible. Another neutral territory thing ended up with Berry-Boo taking a chunk'o'fur out of Toby. He wants nothing to do with her now. He hides behind me when she is around him.

Not to mention, our roommate is allergic to the rex fur (we're pretty sure). He was fine before Berry-Boo, but now has itchy problems. He says he's fine in rooms where she isn't, but it is hard for him to go in the living room (where she is).

We just signed for another year lease, so I don't think le roommate would live for that long :grumpy:

I thought you had, but I lose track of who does what sometimes.... my brain is mush at 45! LOL!

That's too bad about the roomie. I hope you find her a good home (Berry not the roomy but either works for me LOL)...

kherrmann3 wrote:
We just signed for another year lease, so I don't think le roommate would live for that long :grumpy:
I would gladly take Berry-Boo "off of your hands," so to speak. But I fear (oh, hell, I know) that my hands are full with three bunnies, all of whom live separately. Two of them are Mini Rex females; I don't possibly see how a third female would provide a positive reaction in the household. *sigh*

Jenk

Here's my litle girl...My Broken Mini Rex girly;)

MVC-011S.jpg

Cove wrote:
Everyone's are so cute! That bin full of bunniesis priceless.

Here's Floof.
n687011688_1401997_7575.jpg
Floof's single curly whisker reminds me of Salvador Dali (the guy who painted "The Persistence of Memory" AKA the melting clocks :p)

The look on Floof's face kind of matches, too lol

Hilarious--and so true! Both Emma and Zoe have had what I like to call "the crazy whisker." I always ask them, "What's up with that crazy whisker?"

kherrmann3 wrote:
Floof's single curly whisker reminds me of Salvador Dali (the guy who painted "The Persistence of Memory" AKA the melting clocks :p)

Berry-Boo's stick out all over. She has multi-crazy whiskers. She gets the "crazy eye" too. I don't think she's scared, but all of a sudden her eyes will bug out like she's about to wet herself. Nothing (to my perception) has changed in the room. No one moves or makes a noise. Her eyes will just bug-out. She's weird. Her new hobby is spelunking under my couch. I have pictures, I just have to wait for my laptop charger to come in before I can post them :(

EDIT: I accidentally double-posted :p I made the other one different lol

Back