Mallory, Morgan, Madilyn-Mae, and Marlyn: 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just trying to catch up on your blog! :run:

If I were you, Ithink I would hold off on a fourth bunny fornow if youre not 100% sure. One thing that happened to me was that Iwas very lucky to go a long time with no vet bills. Then, when my Maxgot sick and needed a lot of expensive vet visits and surgery it wasvery difficult on me financially to keep up with everything. Justsomething to think about, I know youre young like me and dont have alot of extra money lying around.

Have you tried bonding on neutral territory (I didnt read back very farto check). I bonded Basil and Max successfully aftera lot ofwork and I almost had the 3 boys bonded before Max got sick and Lucycame into the picture.

Whos the dominant one of Mallory and Madilyn-Mae? It might be worthtrying those two first. You could try the dining room table-that workedbest for us. Car rides worked wonders as well.

Just my .02 :)Good luck in your decision.

PS. Ever tried giving Morgan a stuffed animal to snuggle up to for now?

I don't want anyone to get angry with me or anything, but Ryan and I did some talking.

He gets his raise at his job at the end of this month. I will thereforebe able to work less at my job. Ryan says just as long as I am pullingin $200 every two weeks to buy things for myself and the bunnies, thenhe will be fine with it.

Working less means that I will be able to be home more with the bunnies.

Ryan and I had a HUGE talk and he has agreed to let me adopt a bunnyfrom Brambley Hedge Rabbit Rescue in Pheonix at the end of themonth/middle of next month.

We will be taking Morgan with us to have a few bunny dates. I will talka lot with the rescue people and we will pick a bunny for Morgan.

I know that he is lonely and wants to be with another rabbit. He hangsout next to Mallory and Madilyn's cage when he is out for play time. Hejust can't get too close or Mallory will bite him.

When we take him on his bunny dates, I won't adopt another rabbitunless I know it feels right. Ryan is coming with me....he always makesgood choices about things and will tell me if it doesn't feel righteither.

I just want to do what is going to make us all happy. We are just fine financially and I get to be home more with the bunnies.

I hope I am not being rediculious, but I have given it quite a bit ofthought and a lot of talking to Ryan. He agrees with me, not because heHAS to...but because he knows how I feel and he thinks Morgan wants afriend too.

I hope everyone agrees with whatever decision that I make. I know Morgan and I am hoping he picks out a great lady for himself.

moz-screenshot-11.jpg

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Thank you, Crystal! It means a lot :hug2:.

I knew that there were risking with getting Madilyn. I completelyunderstood. I now have a bunny who doesn't have a friend. I knew it wasa possible outcome.

I am now going to do something that could also have risks, I understand that too.

I just don't see, in my heart, my current three bunnies bondedtogether. I know that Madilyn would bond to Morgan....but then Mallorywould be alone. I'd prefer to get another bunny to *hopefully* bond toMorgan...then maybe in the future try to bond all 4...if I felt I could.

I'm still doing a lot of thinking and talking, but I am sure that I am doing the right thing.

I think that's great that you've come to adecision you feel good about. I was going to try to offer to meet yousomewhere since we're going to be in NM this weekend to pick up mybunnies - but I went and looked you up on the map and saw how far awayit was...

Good luck in finding a bunny! I really hope you find the right one (I'm sure you will).

Peg

Yep, NM is quite far from me. I am sure it is way too hot outside right now to ship a Lionhead.

This doesn't mean I don't want a Lionhead from you. Beleive me....Iwill in the future :). I am trying to talk Ryan out of having a kid inthe future and replacing it with more bunnies....HAHA!

I have to pick the bunnies from Brambley Hedge that I want Morgan tomeet so that they can bring them to the adoption day at PetsMart. Whatdo they do if I want him to meet ALL the bunnies? hehe.

They have GORGEOUS Harlequin mixes!

Phew, I've had so much catching up to do I justhad to read your whole blog heehee. You are sooooo lucky and I amreally jealous you have so many gorgeous buns! I love all theirpictures and their toys, wow, so spoilt!

I think you are making the right choice about getting another becauseMorgan does look lonely, arrr I love the pictures of him what a babe!Plus whatever bunny you get it will quiet clearly be well looked afterand have the best bunny life ever, your doing a fab job, cant wait tosee more pictures and read more stories :D

Hey Amy,

I support you a hundred percent! We talked and you know all thedifferent things that could happen. You are prepared for it and Ryan issupporting you. I know you can do it.

Alicia

You have my complete support too Amy, whatever happens you can count on me.

I'm hoping it's gonna work it well for you, you deserve it to!

:hug:

Sounds great! Thats wonderful that you and Ryan talked about it and he is fully supportive. He sounds like a great guy.

Im sure you've noticed this, but a bonded pair isnt much more work thana single. And its great that youre going to get a rescue. That saves alot of money on a spay (not to mention it saves a life).

Congrats and keep us posted!

Haley

Thank you everyone. It means so much to me that I have your support in this :hug2:.

I do notice that a bonded pair isn't much more work than a singlebunny. I just wanted to make sure that I will be working less and beable to be home to give everyone the attention that they need :).

Yes, I am very happy that I have Ryan's support. I told him everythingabout a new bunny and how sad Morgan is. He agrees 100% with me.

We are going to Brambley Hedge Rabbit Rescue in Pheonix on June 2nd for Morgan's bunny dates.

I have chose these ladies for him to meet....

Amaretta
Electra
Giggles
Jewel
Salsa
Taffy
Coalie
Tibble

You can see them here:
http://www.bhrabbitrescue.org/adoptables/adopt.htm#females

I hope that isn't too many! I am still waiting for an email back fromthe rescue, so I am not sure if all those lady rabbits are stillavailable. They have two adoption days before mine, so some of thesebunnies may get adopted.

Salsa, Tibble, and Taffy aren't spayed yet, and they won't let me adoptan unspayed rabbit with a spay certificate since I don't live inPhoenix. It says that they will have their spays in late June. So,would it be wise for Morgan to meet these girls even if they aren'tspayed yet? Will the spay later change them even if they got along whenthey were unspayed?

The Arizona Humane Society also has spayed rabbits for adoption. Rexes,lops, Angoras, Himi's. I am debating on wether or not to ask my friendif she wants to go down to that shelter with me to look at the bunniesthis Saturday. I am thinking that it is probably not a good idea sinceMorgan and I may really like a bunny, but I can't bring a bunny homeuntil the end of the month (says Ryan). What do you guys think?

Ooh they are all so cute! I think my favs of the ones you picked were Tibbie and Jewel. What about Apricot? She is pretty!

As for an unspayed girl, its usually OK to try bonding, but if its alot of trouble to bring her back for her spay it might not be worth it.Plus you may have to rebond them after the spay. I would go with onethats already altered so youre pretty much guaranteed that they willstay bonded.

I cant wait to find out who you will pick. Its so hard to tell from thepictures, Im sure once you get there some will stand out based on theirpersonalities. Im so excited for you!

undergunfire wrote:
The Arizona Humane Society also has spayed rabbits foradoption. Rexes, lops, Angoras, Himi's. I am debating on wether or notto ask my friend if she wants to go down to that shelter with me tolook at the bunnies this Saturday. I am thinking that it is probablynot a good idea since Morgan and I may really like a bunny, but I can'tbring a bunny home until the end of the month (says Ryan). What do youguys think?
I think that would be fine to go look. If you meet someone you love, doyou have the money for a down payment? They might be willing to hold itfor you if you pay in advance.

They are all so cute! At least it's Morgan that decides which one you get, that would be tough!;)

There are so many REWs :(, if I was there I'd take them all.

Wow - what a selection.

I've got to say that my two hands-down favorites after reading them allare Ameretta and Giggles. I was trying to not only look at the picturesand read the descriptions but also think about what I know of thebreeds.

I'm guessing that Morgan needs a sedate girlfriend and Madilyn-Mae hastoo strong of a personality. Some of the ones you selected had hotot inthem and my impression (only from bits and pieces I've heard - not fromexperience) seem to be that hotots have a "stronger" personality thansome other breeds. I guess in my mind I'm thinking of my Californiansand mix bunny - who are just more laid back and feel threatened by mylionheads and lops because they are so energetic and playful.

My absolute favorite is Ameretta....there was something about her that made me go "oh...am I glad I don't live there...".

Believe it or not- in 2005 I came so close to getting into breedingharlequins. One of my breeder friends bred them and I thought they wereso neat. But Art put his foot down (one of the very few times he has)and said, "NO. They are bigger and need bigger cages and we haveenough."

Its probably a good thing he did that...

Anyway, I will be praying for you and wishing you well when you go to get Morgan a friend.

Peg

Btw - I meant to add that i wasn't expecting youto get a bunny when we're in NM....I had thought of it 'cause I knew atone time you were looking for one...but I knew it wasn't good timing.

Someday you may have a bunny from us - and if so - great! Buthey - if your heart leads you elsewhere to get a bunny - you know I'mgoing to stand up and cheer with everyone else and say, "Go forit!"

Right?

Peg

Thanks, Peg :D. I do like Ameretta too. She is stunning! I just love my harlies.

Haley....Morgan will be allowed to meet the unspayed girls, but I wouldhave to put one of them on hold and get her probably in the beginningof June, so that they can have her spayed. I am not allowed to adopther and bring her back to PHX for a spay because I live a little overan hour away. I am sure that if Morgan hit it off with one of theunspayed girls, then I could adopt her after her spay. I am leaningtowards getting an already spayed girl though.

Also....the AZ humane society has "Angoras". Do have Angoras havefloppy ears? These bunnies look like they have floppy ears. The AZ HSdoesn't have very clear pictures of their animals though. I will postthe link so that you guys can take a look.

My manager is changing the schedual, so if my friend and I still haveSaturday off, then we are going to go down to PHX to check out thebunnies at the AZ HS Campus for Compassion. I am pretty sure that thisis a kill shelter, but I am not 100% sure. Brambley Hedge isn't a killshelter.

I still have to email the AZ HS to see if I can come down with Morganon Saturday to meet some lady bunnies. I also need to find out if helikes one of them, if she can be put on hold until June 2nd for me.

We will see! I am going to let things go with the flow.....a lady bunny will find Morgan and I :).

Here is the female bunnies at the AZ HS: http://www.azhumane.org/adoptions/petharbor/index.shtml

^ you have to look for them. It seems like most of the buns are at theAZ HS Campus for Compassion, so that is where I want to go. Tell mewhat you think :)!

I got another email back. Kim from BHRR told methat Giggles, Linda, Mighty Mouse, Poppy, Stella, and Storm are verysweet females.

Just what I need! I do feel like Madilyn is too much for Morgan...so he does need a sweet female!

I wish he could meet them all! Now I have to think about it and chose who I really want Morgan to meet.

Poppy looks like such a big cuddly girl.

p.s......she keeps talking about how Morgan and the female should bearound the same weight because bonding would be easier.....that isn'ttrue, is it?

Latest posts

Back