Mallory, Morgan, Madilyn-Mae, and Marlyn: 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the whole Mallory and Morgan not bonding thing, it must be hard.

But about you wanting a lionhead and a loppy eared bun, they do have anew breed, a Lion-lop that they started breeding in only 2000. It has alionhead mane with floppy ears:inlove:

Ally of your bunnies are so adorable and seem to love being the center of attention.

Silvie&Phinn

I know what you mean about worrying aboutsomeone getting hurt. I'm working on rebonding my two rightnow. I've got Fiona in a playpen in the kitchen and Timmyrunning around her.

I just spent about 1/2 hour in there with them, without a fencebetween. I carried them around in a basket and then only letthem touch eachother if they approached slowly or if I snuggled them upnext to eachother. When one of them runs up to the other, Istop them, rub them and then gently push their head down a bit into asubmissive pose.

Wish me luck.

Yep..."Amy and Ryan night" is quality time....even though I fell asleep during our movie...haha!

I really wish they could all bond, but I am scared someone will gethurt. Like I said, I am going to read up more on trio bonding andeverything before trying anything.

I don't want Morgan being lonely anymore, but I can't get him a lady friend right now. I don't have the room for another bunbun.

I can't wait until we do move into our very own place so that I can get him a lady friend.

MMMM....yes....a lion-lop :).

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

piggiebunnyamy%20028.jpg

:inlove::inlove:

I can see what you mean about wanting to wait, maybe wait until you getMorgan a lady friend, then try to bond all 4? At least that way nobodywill be alone, and either two pairs or a group of four would be reallynice.:biggrin:

I suggest mini-rex for the next one :tongutwo:Best breed

Three bunnies are such a handful. Four will be crazy for me!

I want to wait for a bunny to come along to me. Mallory and Morgan found me, as well as Madilyn. It was meant to be :D.

I really want a lop-eared bunny now!

Oh, gosh.....I am already thinking of another bunny :headsmack....

WHICH I DON'T NEED RIGHT NOW.....hahaha!

I deleted the double post for ya!

By the way.....Ryan said that I can get Morgan a girlfriend when hestarts his new job because he will be making a bunch more money and Iwon't have to work as much....so I will be able to be home more tospend time with the bunnies.

So basically....the money that I will be making at my job will pay for my internet and things for the bunnies!

I will be able to work half as much!!

WOOOO!

I don't want another bunny though.

:shock2:

Yes....I said that, but I want Morgan to be happy!

Should I start looking now even though it will be another 2-3 months before Morgan can get a lady? :tongutwo:

Oh wow! Congratulations! You may not wantanother one right now, but in the 2-3 months you have to wait that ideais going to eat at you all day and night. Before you know it, you willjust HAVE to have another!

Yeah, you are probably right, binkies ;).

I am already looking for another rabbit for Morgan!

Well, I took TONS of new pictures today ofeveryone's set-ups and of the buns. I REALLY must get going to sleep,but I have the day off tomorrow so I will post the pictures first thingin the morning, when I wake up that is!

I am so confused on one thing. A FRIEND FOR MORGAN!......

I have a friend who is going to Tempe (about 2 hours from me) nextTuesday. He would be able to pick up a bun from the breeder than I gotMadilyn from. I really like Madilyn and I know I would love another bunfrom this breeder. The more I think of it...I think I want a little lopeared bun to love.

There is also a Holland Lop breeder in town and there is another Holland breeder in the next town over from me.

There is also the option of trying to find a day off from work (Ryanand I both), saving gas money, and going to an adoption day down inPhoenix to pick out a friend from a rescue. The rescues have certainadoption days though.

Here we go again....I had this problem with finding another bun before...which happened to be Madilyn :).

THEN.....there is this thing inside me that doesn't want another bunny:shock:. Shocking, I know. I am not sure I have the space. I know Iwill have the time soon since Ryan got his old job back so I get towork less and make the same amount of money because I am gettinganother raise in 6 weeks. I definitely have the money for another bun.

Ryan says wait until we move to our very own place, so that the bunscan have their own room. I look at Morgan and all I see is sad bunnyeyes. He sits and watches Mallory and Madilyn and I can tell he is sad.

I am pretty sure I have enough room....atleast it will only be a tadcramped for another couple of months. In October when Ryan gets his jobat a bank is when we will be moving out to our own place.

THEN #2.......What if Morgan won't bond to the new bun? Then I am stuckwith a bonded pair and two separate buns, unless I can bond the new bunwith Mallory and Madilyn....but then Morgan is alone again and I amleft with a bun I didn't really need to bring home.

I am so confused. Am I overreacting?! :pullhair::craziness

I think that if you are having any feelingstelling you not toget another bunny, don't do it. Iwould definately wait until you've moved, you know what you're lookingfor, and you feel confident that you're prepared for anotherbun.

In the meantime, you should try to build your own bond with Morgan, orspend your time trying to bond the three of them like you'dwanted. Maybe they won't be able to share a cage right now,but perhaps they could have some out of cage time together,anything.

Basically, what I'm saying is, don't take on more than you think you can handle.

You and your rabbits have been through a number of changes in a very short period of time.

My personal opinion (and remember - opinions are like feet - we allhave them - and some stink)...is that you would be best to wait to getanother bun.

I would try to see if you can bond the three together. Bonding isn'talways easy and fun - but the results are worth it. Look at Naturesteeand how long she's had Oberon and been working on the bonding there. Ithas been months..but things keep getting better if I am understandingright.

I think I'd focus on trying to bond your trio - or as someone else said - working on your own bond w/ the lone guy.

But I think I'd try to let all three play together somewhere if youcould and see if you can try to bond them.....even if it takes months.

Just my .02~

Peg

Thanks everyone. I have been talking with Jade and she is making me feel better about it.

I really do not want another bun right now. Well, I do want one....butI know that I should wait until we have our very own place.

I really want to have everyone bonded to each other again. I am goingto get Ryan to help me with bonding. I am really scared that someone isgoing to get very hurt, but I am willing to try it again.

I need to read more about bonding and try to get my confidence level up again before I try anything.

* I am going to reply again with pictures of everyone :)

Mallory and Madilyn's new NIC cage.....

piggiebuns%20038.jpg

Madilyn....

piggiebuns%20005.jpg

piggiebuns%20007.jpg

piggiebuns%20011.jpg

piggiebuns%20030.jpg

Mallory...

piggiebuns%20022.jpg

piggiebuns%20016.jpg

Mallory and Madilyn together...

piggiebuns%20010.jpg

piggiebuns%20015.jpg

Morgan's cage....

piggiebuns%20036.jpg

My lone baby Morgan...

piggiebuns%20032.jpg

piggiebuns%20033.jpg

piggiebuns%20034.jpg

piggiebuns%20035.jpg

A uppity ear bunny...

piggiebuns%20040.jpg

A loppy eared bunny...

piggiebuns%20043.jpg

My big "happy" family...

piggiebuns%20041.jpg

Beautiful Pictures!

I totally know what you mean when you talk about worrying that one ofthem will get hurt. My buns were bonded fortwomonths until Timmy turned on Fiona. I amterrified that one of them will get hurt again, but they are rebonding,slowly but surely. Let me share some of what worked forme.

I've done some cage-swapping which I definately reccomend.They go crazy making eachother's cages though, so beware... it getsmessy.

I also let one of them out in a big area and the other out in a peninside that area. Watch and make sure they don't fightthrough the bars, but they can't kill eachother with bars inbetween,though they can hurt eachother if they really tried.

Now, you're probably familiar with the so-called "car ridetechnique." Due to my obvious lack of car, I've been forcedto improvise. I put the two buns in a basket and carry itaround. Then I stop. If they look like they'regoing to start fighting, I shake the basket around some more.

They're certainly not rebonded, but I'm getting there.

I am really leaning towards not trying to bondagain. As I was talking to Jade on messenger, I took a break to go inmy room to check on the bunnies. Madilyn and Mallory were having theirout-time, while Morgan was in his pen.

Somehow Morgan's pen got pulled open.

There was hair and poop everywhere...all over my bed and in the piggiecage. Their water dished were tipped over ruining 1 days work ofexpensive pellets.

Madilyn's hair was flying everywhere. It looked like a murder scene.

No one seemed hurt, but I did find a toe nail on my bed. I am not surewho's it was....but it was either Mallory's or Morgan's because it waslighter. There isn't any blood anywhere, so I am hoping everything isokay. What do I do for a broken toe nail?

I am just afraid that there is just too much emotional things going onbetween Mallory and Morgan. This is their 4th big fight. They fightthrough the cage bars. I just don't see it working. I would rather notrisk someone getting seriously injured. Their fights are vicious.

I am going to talk with my fiance tonight about what we should do. I amgoing to have us look at our financial situation, time, future housing,ect. If I do get another bunny before we move to our very own place,then we will be a tad bit cramped until we move to our own place inOctober or November. I am willing to give up the middle of my bedroomfor another bunny cage.

I just want Morgan to be happy and I want to put a lot of thought inthis. I am sure whatever my fiance and I decide, it will work out justfine.

:)

Well, I just want to share one more thing foryou to consider. We don't know what set them off, but whenthey fought, Fiona ended up with cuts all over her. I letthem cool off for the day, then thought they'd be firendstogether. I was naieve, and they weren't ready.Fiona got a huge gash in her neck. About 2 months into myrebonding attempt, Timmy got her again. Another huge gash, onthe other side of her neck. It's been about a month sincethen. She's all healed up, though the hair hasn't grown back,and now I've even seen some grooming.

What I'm trying to say is, it may look horrid, but it just takes time and patience.

Latest posts

Back