Luvmyzoocrew's Furries

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, i think they are too cute,lol. they are growing so fast too, i use to be able to just scoop them up in my hand now they take up my hand,lol

Aww the chickies are so cute!

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Well they are my girls, getting super big , super fast,lol. I am panicking because my hubby still hasnt gotten the material for the chicken coop!!!!!!!! i am going to have full grown chickens running around my house laying eggs,lol.

Then you don't need to go out and collect the eggs for breakfast! :biggrin2:Reminds me of the Miley Cyrus movie (yes I admit I saw it!) with the colorful chicken coop.

Ha ha Helen I wont bring that good point up to my hubby cause i dont want chickens in my house that are that big,lol.

thank you Cheryl and Donna, i have to admit they are cute,lol, and they can be lil buggers too,lol

Time for an update

DSC_0442-Copy.jpg

In a panic that i actually had 6 roosters, :shock:, i went out and got these :whistling

DSC_0465.jpg

Thats right 6 more :biggrin2:,lol. So now we have 14, possibly all hens, chickens,lol.

DSC_0482.jpg

The older "girls" are at their gangly , awkward stage, this was taken about a week ago and they are looking a little more "chicken'ish" They were quiet ugly there for a bit,lol. I am starting to see differences in some of them, if the white ones turn out to be roosters we are going to try to keep 2, two have stuck out with their personalities and their friendly'ness.

DSC_0476.jpg

These were taken a week ago, here is one of the chicks, i love the coloring that is coming in and am really excited to see what they are going to look like when they are all grown up.
DSC_0516.jpg

She shows her appreciation for the photos by pooping in my window sill.

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

Chick 2

here is another one with similar markings

DSC_0520.jpg

This ones markings are more brownish, and the other chick above's markings are more black and white.

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

Chicks 3 and 4 look almost the same

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

out of the new chicks one of the Buff colored ones is my favorite one, so friendly, loves w hen i put my hand in the cage and wants me to take her out and be held, and will let me pet her. I am thinking of naming her Charlotte.

I was hoping that they were Buff Orpingtons , but am thinking they arent, but that is ok cause i am smitten with them already.
DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

we have two that look like this, was hoping for black Astrolaups but thinking they are Black sex links. Still skittish when you hold them, one of them calms down a little.

DSC_0534.jpg

So i am finding out that either they are dusty, or the bedding is, but OH MY HOLY MOSES, i could dust three times a day and still have dust :shock:

Cant wait for them to get out into their house

DSC_0546.jpg

The coop started as a pile of wood.

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

By the end of the day it looked like this, i am so proud of my husband and my dad, i think they are doing a fantastic job. There is still ssssssooooo much that has to be done, like it has to be finished, doors added, windows added, nesting boxes added, and roosts added, and the pen needs to be built on to it.
DSC_0570.jpg

I figure maybe 2 more saturdays and it will be done, one sat to finish the coop itself, then one sat to do the run, and then i have to paint it.

DSC_0551.jpg

The kids helped too, or so they said, they dont look like they were helping. :p

DSC_0548.jpg

ha ha ha i dont pay my help at all,lol, but they work well dont they,lol

i have to update the pics cause they are so much bigger then the pics here already, they grow so unbelievably fast

Here is an update , I have to appologize for not being around alot , i dont know what it is, i think i have been in a funk or something i dont know. I do come on and read a little here and there but i am not here consistently.
DSC_0715.jpg

Here is Brayden with "The Girls", they are now in there new chicken coop and run.

DSC_0725.jpg

My Girls

DSC_0727.jpg

Brayden and Gerti, he just loves the chickens.

DSC_0742.jpg

This one my 6 year old named and considers "his" chicken. Chocolate Chip

DSC_0757.jpg

This is my baby Charlotte, she is very affectionate, and when she was just a hatchling I would take her out and hold her and she would fall asleep in my arms, she is just too cute.

DSC_0752.jpg

This is the chicken coop almost done, after this pic i finished running the hardware cloth on the bottom and aproned it out away from the cage and then burried it and the bottome of the fence a little.

Now some pics i have taken with my camera , which i just love!!!!

DSC_0696.jpg

DSC_0697.jpg

Brayden

DSC_0709.jpg

Now some bunny pics. I feel bad cause i dont take Charger out nearly enough, he is cage aggressive but does fine when he is out and about.

Here is Charger on the couch, but no worries because Brayden is watching him like a hawk.

DSC_0844.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

Trying to get away from the "Paparazi" that was following his every move.

DSC_0834.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

Bunny and cat kiss

DSC_0827.jpg

It is ssssssooooo hard when i lay on the floor to get pics cause i have the dog and the cat in my face, i cant even tell you how many pics i had to delete because they had real close ups of a leg, or a but, or a cat body cause he was rubbing up against my camera,lol
DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0824.jpg

Brandi , sat right down in front of me when i was trying to take pics,lol

DSC_0821.jpg

Now for the sad news :*( Willow my cat had been diagnosed with a chest tumor and a tumor somewhere on her spine or back end that was pressing on a nerve. I took her to the vet when is seen that she wasnt really using her one leg, after lots of blood work, and xrays we found the tumor in her chest. Before finding the tumor i was taking her in to take about an amputaion of the leg that she wasnt using, but seeing the tumor in her chest i decided not to put her through a surgery like that and enjoy what little time i would have with her. At t he same time i am going through all these tests with her i am going through tests for my Beagle who is in liver failure, so i was getting hit from both sides with bad news. Fast forward a few months later i started to notice that she wasnt reallyn using her other leg. I had told myself that when she didnt have use of either back leg i would then have her put to sleep. Well that time came, her use of her other leg was getting worse, and although she could still use it , somewhat, it looked like she had spaghetti for legs, and it was heart breaking to watch her struggle to walk. I also had begin to notice the weight loss and her having trouble going to the bathroom. i waited , and waited, and waited, and finally decided to do it.

HPIM0887.jpg

Willow was the absolute best cat anyone could have had the pleasure of having. From the first day she was an absolute love bug. She is the only one of my cats that had their claws and never once used them. when my oldest was a baby she would wait till he had no toys on the tray of his walker and she would jump up on it and lay there. Being a baby he would grab her hair and pull , she would jump off and shake it off then right back up s he would go, never once did she hiss, growl or scratch him. She was not afraid of anything, i would groom at my house sometimes, dogs she has never met and she would come over and jump on the table and rub up against them like they were best friends, she was a great cat. The ride to the vet was so long!!! It brought up so many memories of Buzz and having to put her to sleep. She was purring up till the end, and passed peacefully with me sobbing over her. WE brought her home to burry her and i am going to get a Pussy WILLOW bush to plant over where she is. It is so hard cause i just had to do this in Dec for Buzz and will defintely have to do it again before the end of the year for my Beagle so i know that this horrible pain will be here again soon.

HPIM0032.jpg

Last year i thought was bad with three animal deaths and two human deaths, and i prayed for a better 2010 , but it is not turning out like that unfortunately. But i have to keep my head up and always remember that it truely is Quality of life over quanity, i did the best i could for her, for as long as i could for her, and i was able to let her go without too much suffering. I am sure Buzzie and Sooty were there to meet her and cross her. WEll i have babled enough and i am now crying, which is hard to type through tears so i will leave on that note

Thank you Dave. Sam is still hanging on but i know it is not for long.

I'm sorry, stay strong. :hug:

I love your pictures, you do such a great job taking them. I'm sure you've been asked plenty already but, what kind of camera do you use? I'm curious! Your shots are so clear and beautiful. Brayden and Charger are super adorable together.

Thank you Erika!!!!! I am in total love with my camera,lol, it is a Nikon D3000. It takes great pics and i am totally happy with it and cant wait to add more lenses to it!!

Latest posts

Back