Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue (EDIT: STOP THE NEGATIVITY!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say..... I am honestly wondering why this thread got opened back up. I was glad to see it "die" before, and would love to see it happen again. Let's face it people, no one is going to change anyone else's mind here. Can we please lock this thread back up?

:banghead

Myra, I would like to see this subject die a humane death too. However, there are some that would just open up a new topic (which is the reason this was reopened...to merge the threads and give everyone the entire story).

Please forgive me, I just HAVE to ask. There was someone on another forum that posted a pedigree from a flemish that LMRR allegedly purchased from a breeder by the name of Gentle Giants. The DOB was 5/23/09 and the name the breeder gave the rabbit was Garfield. The rabbit was renamed Hampton.

I don't think I have ever had one named Garfield. If I could find my darn record and pedigree book I could tell you for sure. It would have had to have been from my last litter though, it has been quite a long time since I bred any. Do you happen to know what the rabbit's color was?

ETA: I just re-read and realized you said the pedigree was posted on another forum. Do you have a link to where it was posted?

Myra:

Here are the documents which are purported to be proof that LMRR bought their spokesbunny Hampton. I find them questionable because (1) there is no sold to info filled in and (2) Garfield is simply crossed out and the name Hampton written in. Anyone could have done that. Your opinion on the documents?

Pedigree1.jpg

Pedigree2.jpg

Just a little update here:

Myra, the Gentle Giants breeder is not you. It is a breeder by the same name in Florida.

An email from the breeder was posted on FB that said that Garfield is indeed Hampton, BUT Hampton was turned over (not sold) to LMRR because of a medical condition. The bunny was one of their stud bucks who developed a hernia. The breeder paid for one surgery, but the hernia came back. At that point, LMRR offered to take the bunny and pay for a follow up surgery, which they did. Hampton (fka Garfield) is alive and doing well today.

Heh... bet the "Bunny Justice" folks who got all worked up about Hampton being from a breeder feel silly now. Just another example of their so called "facts" that are totally wrong.

Ok, thanks, I just saw this update. Yeah, definitely not one of my pedigrees. I was pretty sure I would have remembered a Garfield, I didn't breed that many.

Just curious Myrna.....what to you think of the paperwork in general? Is this the quality of record a breeder would keep even if they gave the rabbit to someone?

Patti,

That's the same sort of pedigree I use and I've seen names crossed out before - usually if someone brought the wrong pedigree but it was a littermate or something or if the person was renaming the rabbit sometimes they'd cross out the name without thinking about it.

Well this might clear things up a little bit for you! If this post doesn't get deleted to. I did a little digging of my own since I keep hearing about this whole Hampton thing, and here is what I found. Check out their photos on their website. They have photos of a rabbit named Garfeild on there. Not saying it is Hampton but it looks just like him. I also wrote to the breeder to ask them about the sale of a rabbit named Garfeild. If I hear anything back I will let you know. I am assuming it's not the same breeder that is posting here since that breeder is from Ill. this one is in florida and updated their listing on 4/11.

Donald & Lisa Wilson (Gentle Giant Rabbitry) (4/11)

Green Cove Springs, Florida

Black, Blue, Fawn, Lt. Gray

E-mail: [email protected]

No a post was deleted and I thought it was here,but it may not have been. I can't remember what posts were deleted here of mine. But someone else said somewhere that they saw a picture of a Garfeild form a Florida Gentle Giants Rabbitry in Florida so I went and found it.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Just curious Myrna.....what to you think of the paperwork in general? Is this the quality of record a breeder would keep even if they gave the rabbit to someone?
Well, other than the fact that they didn't fill out the "Sold to" part, the pedigree looks pretty good. I wouldn't have liked the whole crossed out name thing though.

The only post that was deleted from here (to my knowledge) was the post under what appeared to be a user's "second name". I'll contact you in a minute about it privately. I didn't pull the post...but I do know about that being pulled as we try to document everything we pull.

By the way, I access the internet on my phone, which is crappy, and at work when it's slow because once I am home there is absolutely no time to be on the internet. I can't always see all the posts or where they came from or get them mixed up. Two square inches of screen is just not enough! Anyway, it got cut off, because I said honestly I wouldn't have even cared if he was purchased or came from a breeder as long as stories didn't change all the time. Some people were under the impression he was rescued from Georgia too for some reason but maybe that was some of the other Flemish giants, or that little French or English Lop that was killed by her dog, but that might have been the one that she said a breeder gave her as a gift. I may have gotten them all mixed up. Never saw that many Flemish giants or desireable breeds get rescued by the same person in such a short time before.. amazing...

It has already been cleared up, the Hampton conspiracy theory.
He DID come from the breeder, but was surrendered by her due to a medical condition.

Honestly, I added the anti LMRR group and found them to be nothing but hateful bashing people with no actual evidence. Just a lot of "yelling" and a bunch of people buying into the hype.

When I added LMRR themselves I have found that they do need some better help with their rabbits and shelter; but that could greatly be because of lack of volunteers/funds/ect. However, none of the rabbits are abused or being ill treated.

I am pretty sure it is some personal vendetta gone out of hand...people who take productive steps to help rabbits in abusive situations don't act as vicious and childish as the ones on those forums do.

Well..I don't know what was said about the whole Hampton thing but I was given additional details from the breeder. She did purchase a rabbit from this breeder, it wasn't Hampton, she was advertising Hampton as a PET ONLY rabbit who needed surgery with his neuter and Corson asked to take him.. that's how she got him. This breeder did not sound like she was desperately seeking a rescue to come and save Hampton..she said she had plenty of homes.. Why lie? And since she has lied about this.. and so many other things.. why in the world would anyone believe her? I have tried.. for the sake of the rescue.. but there are too many bad things that outweigh the only recent good...

Back