Laboured Breathing - UPDATE - Cancer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm cuddling my Sakura thinking about you and your Sekura. I'm so sorry that this is happening, but she did have a very long life and she will know you love her.

I hope it isn't too hard or too horrible for her or you in the end.

:(

Well, Ryan was right, she made it through the night. She even had a mouthful of pellets before losing interest. Then I brought out the banana and took some pictures of her eating the banana. Now she's laying down.

Her breathing still sucks, so we are definitely taking her in today. It's not fair for her to be suffering. I do have her on pain meds, but I'm not sure how well they are working, because she can't tell me.

We'll have some breakfast, and then call the vets. Maybe they will do a home visit for me.

--Dawn

when i saw new post by you, i could not click into this for like 5 or 10mins...

i think a home visit is brillant...

i hope the pain meds are working. (mine are not!:D)

tke a video if u can. as in her eatting bannana not the vet visit. (well if u want..........)

good luck.

me and my bunnies sending nose rubs, pets, tikkles, hugs, and kisses...

it is a harrd time i know.. you will get through it.:biggrin2:

What a heartwrenching thing to go through. You have made the best decision for her and given her a wonderful long life. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling, but I know that I support you 100%. Hugs to you, Sugar, and Sekura.

I remember when you finally got them out and they were safe.

To bring in a memory to smile about. That was from the memorable post and moments in 2007.

Haley wrote:
My favorite quote of all time was from Binkies when sas posted the pics of what Sekura had coughed up when she almost choked on hair stuck in her throat. It was something like "Wait, I recognize that fur... Did Sekura eat Mr. Tumnus?"

I think that was this year. Definitely before the forum move bc we lost the original thread. Heres the pic though from Pipp's blog:

100_4721_00.jpg

That was priceless.:biggrin2:

Edited to add that anything posted my Michelle (NZMinilops) makes me laugh out loud. I remember when she first became a Mod she made a comment about how she was so excited "to get her greedy little hands on things" or something of that nature. lol

It's done, she's gone. The vet's office actually did a really good job. They had a little bench for us to sit on and we held her. She was giving a heavy sedative so she woudn't feel anything, and it was very peaceful.

I brought her body back for Sugar, and she's very sad now. She's putting her head out for nose rubs, and let you pet her with your finger through the cage. She would never do that before, so I can tell she's very sad.

Once she's had some time to grieve, I'm going to re-arrange the cages. I'm going to put her in the smaller cage that Coal and Ruby are in now, and put Coal and Ruby in the larger cage. Sugar will go on the floor next to Zeke and Baxter for some bunny interaction. Hopefully that will help her feel better.

--Dawn

I'm so sorry Dawn..:(

but it sounds likeshe went peacefully and gracefully to the bridge which is the best way to go..

Your new arrangement with Sugar having more interaction is a good idea..I did that with Beau.

I guess that it will be a long road to go to get over her loss for you and Sugar but just remember that we're all traveling the same road. :hug:

Just had a chance to sit and read this post... brought back lots of old memories of when I lost Winslow, Torianne and Belle.

I am glad you had time to spend with Sekura before she went back to the veterinarian to cross the Bridge and that Sugar had a chance to realize for herself what happened to Sekura.

Binky free, Sekura. I am sure Winslow, Torianne, Belle and the Crown Jewel can show you where the best carrots and bananas are over the Bridge.

Denise

Back