Laboured Breathing - UPDATE - Cancer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no she is looking down on you, and sendiing kisses.....

it sounded peceful, painfree and surrounded by the ones she loved.

sorry it had to happen this way....:(

I can't stop crying! One of my bunnies went exactly the same way. She was given to us by a fellow that adored her but could not spend enough time with her and he had rescued her from people that had her locked in a small cage in a dark garage. We only had her a short time but she was so affectionate and loving. She always wanted to be in my arms. She would follow me around the house and beg to picked up. Her favourite was to get all snug in bed with me, laying on my chest with only her head sticking out from under the covers. I would pat her head until I fell asleep, then she would wake me up because I stopped patting her.
When I took her to the vet, I was confident it was nothing serious. By the time we walked out the door, she was gone. Cancer had spread to her lungs and her laboured breathing was due to this. The vet said it would be cruel to let her go, even for a day, as she was so far gone. I held her in my arms as she was given the injection. I was in shock for weeks after.
I am so, so sorry for you and your little Sekura. My heart goes out to you!
Kathy

Oh no! I didn't know about this thread. I am so sorry =[ I only got to meet her once, and she such a spunky little girl. I'm so sorry Dawn :cry2

I still can't thank you enough for helping me with the baby bunnies. They wouldn't be as healthy if it weren't for your nest box. And again, I am so sorry they wrecked it =[

ETA: I don't know if I ever told you, but Sylvia's full name is "Sylvia Dawn". She was the only girl in the whole litter, and Vince wanted to name her "Sylvia" after his car, and I wanted to name her "Dawn" after you. So we went with both.

bpotter2: I'm so sorry to hear of your little girl. Sekura was a very affectionate girl, and when running around would love to lie down next to you and be petted. She was the first to the edge of the cage, and the best at sticking her nose out for treats.

Thank You Angieluv.

Pixiestixx: Thank you so much, that is a great honour that you named her after me! I will have to come out and visit them some time when I am not over run with school.

I still think that having her put to sleep was much easier than having her die at home. I've had several rabbits die in my arms of natural causes, and it's very traumatising. I held Sekura while she passed and it was so peaceful, she didn't feel a thing and there was no struggling. I am glad I made that difficult choice.

Her ashes are ready to be picked up, so I'll have to remember to do that. She will join Wildfire on my shelf.

I need to start a Rainbow Bridge thread, but I've just been so busy that I keep forgetting...

--Dawn

Dawn, I missed this thread somehow. I am so very sorry for your loss, I know how hard it can be. I feel for you and am thinking of you. (Angel had cancer as well.)

:pray:RIP little Sekura:(

Dawn, I also missed this thread. I am so sorry. I hope your memories of how very special she was will give you some comfort. :pray: She will always be with you in spirit.

Back