Kimiko's Wonderful World

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:roflmao:

I've made a few lines that looked like that as well....you're going to fast, or that was my problem anyways, once I realized to slow down then I could sew straighter.

Although sewing a straight line is all I can do, there's no way I could sew pieces of clothing together, haha

Vircia, your pics and captions made me laugh so much! It's so nice to see Kimiko up and about and enjoying her things. :biggrin2:Btw, sorry for asking but I didn't know Kale was bad if fed too much? Can anyone teach this goof? Lol. Thanks for the laughs, Vircia!

Nela :
I'm glad we made you laughed ! :) Yes, kale should be fed with a small amount ( it can accumulate toxic later ). Plus, it was first time I introduced kale to her. :) She likes it. I think my girl prefers veggies with green leaves more than carrot and other kinds. How about your bunnies ? What are their favourites ?

[align=center]:panic: Hay crisis :panic: [/align][align=left]
This is not happening !!! On Friday, we went to buy hay for Kimiko, but the brand Kimiko likes ran out. So we had to buy something else. It wasn't look fresh and tasty , even for me ! She eats it but I know she doesn't like it much, just because of hunger ! Anyway, today hubby went to two shops for hay and there's nothing. I mean NOTHING !!! :shock: I just hung up from his call. We have no hay, not even a spare one. So he will pick something there.:X Gah ! Will it be like this for whole winter ?? I don't know. :( I really hope not. I read a label on hay bag. It's written " We, Zuzala, privide hay with high quality for your beloved bunnies. With us, you can be sure that your little fellows will have fresh, tasty hay for whole year ! ". :tantrum: You're liar !! :eek:hwell: maybe I'm too emotional, sorry about that, but if it will continually be like this, I need to come up with plan B. So far Kimiko likes to eat only this one. She's such a good, sweet little girl. She eats what we have but I can tell that she doesn't enjoy it. Call me crazy you guys :D but I really know what she feels ! No kidding ! And I feel like she knows which mood I have or what I want from her too ! :bunnyhug:Oh my baby girl. Okay, back to hay, the shop told hubby that they will have next delivery on Wed on Thu. So I guess all we can do is calling or going there to check on those days.
I'm wondering how you guys keep your bunnies' hay. Is there a way to keep it fresh longer ? Everybody loves fresh food,right ? :( Pls help us. Do you have tip, trick or magic ( ??? magic :? ) to keep hay fresh longer ? Thank you so much.

PS ; I did check at the internet shop which we bought Oxbow pellets as well, they ran out of this brand too. :whatever

Dear Lisa,
Remember we used to talk about what we're gonna do when we'll be a millionaire ? Well, can I change my plan for now ? I'd buy a land, maybe an island, and I'd plant timothy/alfalfa hay for my girl and all bunnies in Poland. :blueribbon: Choose me to be your next President ! hahahaha.
[/align]

hahaha that was funny Vircia!!..come on girl if we had millions wed pAY OTHERS to plant that hay!!..i have no secrets to storing hay i buy 100lb bales at a time..so i toss out alot of the end of the bale just cuz i want a fresh bale....Virc we gotta figure out a way u have hay all year round..for our girl:)
and Brandy i didnt say i could do the bobbin..hehe..that thing is impossible...i used to use the same color on all my stuff till i ran out....:)

LOL so I guess none of us will be making anything fancy with a sewing machine anytime soon!!

Vircia, that is soooo frustrating, I wish you were closer I have lots of yummy hay here, I have Timothy and Orchard Grass. Can you buy Oxbow hay from the same place as the pellets? Oxbow has amazing hay and they always have it year round. I think hay will stay fresh for like ever as long as it's properly contained...it needs to be able to breath.

I just ordered 50lbs of Oxbow timothy hay for my crew, I'm hoping it lasts me atleast 6 mths.

The things we do for our babies :heartbeat:

Oooh I hate when that happens!!! I have a hard time finding Timothy Hay here. :expressionlessIt seems like they are always out. Bleh. I'd offer to send you some but I doubt I'd find more here. Lol.

I was buying a nice cotton bedding... It works great for the pets and for my allergies. Then they announced that the cotton supply was depleted for the rest of the year!!! :grumpy:

Isn't so frustrating when you want something and cannot get it? Gah, Kimiko is so sweet, eating it even if she doesn't like it as much. She's lucky to have you. I hope their shipment comes in when they said so that you'll have it again soon!

On another note...

I have to make stockings for Christmas since I can't find any here... I guess I can't ask you guys for help? :pI cannot even remember how to thread the machine :embarrassed:I think I'd figure it out after some minutes of blank staring... Lol. Good thing is stockings are rather easy but I am definitely not a sewer!

Momto3boys wrote:
Oh yah if you 2 become millionairs, you better remember about me way over here in Canada!!

:big kiss:
:?:?:?:?:? Brandy who ???????

:rofl: I'm kidding, my friend :hugsquish: hehehe :) Of course yes !!!! I'll start making a "millionaire" plan :blushan:, we three ( you, Lisa and I ) will buy an island and will turn it into " Bunny Island ". Deal ???:biggrin2:

:group: Welcome to " Binky Bunny Island ". :ponder: Hmmmm.., this is good start.

Somebody pleaseeeeee wake me up !!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Nela,
I can't believe you have the same problem. I don't know should I be glad that I'm not alone with this problem ??? :laughsmiley: lol. The strange thing is the seller at the pet store told hubby that she didn't get it too,it was like suddenly everyone in Warsaw buy hay !!! I hope the shipment will come soon too :( The hay my hubby bought yesterday is a bit better than the previous one, Kimiko eats but not with honky noise she always did when she ate her favourite one.:sigh: Good idea you have, Nela. I think I need to make stockings for winter too, but the problem is there's nothing I can stock ! :faint: Trust me, nela this kind of situation often happens with me :D It's like we come in pair, Vircia- trouble, trouble- Vircia. Hahahahahahaa. How do you keep your hay, Nela ? Any tips ? Since hay has become our " precious " item. :) How's little Rolo doing today ?
:hug:

Lol Vircia :pUm hay? Well, we don't buy a ton at a time to be honest so I don't 'store' it really.We buy a few bags at a time. I do keep the hay in an air-tight bin though but that's about it :)We buy more when we at about 3/4, finish that off, then open the new bags and put them in the bin.

I haven't yet seen Rolo actually. I have to take my inhalers before going which means I have to take my heart med first and then wait a good hour or 2 before taking the inhaler. Lol. It takes some preparation just to see them :sigh:Will go see them in a bit though :biggrin:

Thank you so much, you guys. I'm trying to plan for storing hay. But I'm confused, so... can I keep it in a storage with a cover ?

It's supposed to be able to breath, an airtight container is not a good way to store it.

http://www.aracnet.com/~seagull/Guineas/CavyCorner/storinghay.html

Storing hay properly will help prevent the formation of molds. As with all hay, as soon as you receive the box, open the top and also open the bag that the hay is shipped in. If you prefer, you can remove the bag, but it is extremely important to at least open the top. All hays contain some moisture, and they need to get airflow. Choose a dry location with adequate air circulation. Failure to store the hay properly may promote the growth of mold.

That was taken off of Kleenmama's site
http://www.kmshayloft.com/hay.html

Hope this helps.

Basically a cardboard box is your best bet...I know people on a Guinea Pig Forum I was a member of was using those cloth clothes hampers with all the holes in them to store theirs.

Thank you so much, Brandy. Of course, this helps me a lot ! I kept hay in a plastic bag, like we first bought it. The bag has holes, so it should be fine for now,right ? I don't have much time for shopping now. It's only 2 weeks left in Warsaw, so now I'm starting to pack up our stuffs ( gosh ! a couple with a bunny, I didn't know we have so many stuffs :confused2: ). Cloth hamper sounds interesting too, maybe I will use it, but when we'll be in Kielce. At there Kimiko will have her own bedroom, so I will rearrange her belongings. :) Little will have her own room right next to momma's and of course ! Free run in da house ! I think she will like the new place, it's twice bigger than this apartment we're living in.
Brandy, thank you again for your advice and the links.I'll read it. :hug2:

boy, Kimiko is one spoiled bunny!! i loved those pictures of her eating that kale, you can actually see what she's thinking! My bunnies aren't too fond of kale. they love their parsley and romaine lettuce, that's their favorites. Does Kimiko like to lay on her lounger you sewed for her? i bought a little bed for Willow and Walter but they don't really like it much. Walter is always trying to push it out of the cage and Willow thinks its a fuzzy litterbox :X

Bleh okay I learned something else today... :rollseyesYou'd think these are my first bunnies... :(Thanks for teaching me something else :)

jujub793 :
lol :D Yes, she is a spoiled little princess, can't help it, momma loves her so much ! Kimiko loves parsley too, but not romaine lettuce. She likes most of veggies I gave her. Only few things that seems she eats them just because she's hungry.
Well, to be honest. I think Kimiko doesn't like it much ( :tears2: that's ok, at least I know now ). She has some favourite spots where she loves to lay down, like in the middle of the room on carpet, next to our wardrobe, next to the window, next to the bathroom door, under our bed, under a desk, under a chair. I first put the lounger next to her cage, but she didn't even look at it. So I've moved it to under a chair next to our bed. She likes to sit on it, but never lays down there, even once. :bawl: I'm hoping one day she will like it. :) Or I will come up with something else for her. Thank you for visiting our blog.

Nela :
You're not the only one here, Nela. If Brandy didn't tell me how to keep hay properly, I wouldn't notice the way I've been keeping it makes it quicker to be rotted or less tasty for my girl. :spintongue

[align=center]Suicide Mission :ph34r2
[/align]

[align=left]Gah ! It's so hard to type with one hand and other 2 fingers. Yesterday I cut my finger with a shaver, half nail gone. It wasn't hurt so much that time but today it so sores. I was hurried getting ready for going out yesterday. Without knowing that my finger was in the way, the shaver went through my nail. I didn't realised at the beginning till I saw myself bleeding. It was funny because I was so late, so I continued taking a bath, lol, it was like in a horror movies, bath tub was covered with red :D. After spending 15 minutes stopped the bleeding, finally it stopped. I can't do things quickly and some I totally can't, it's annoying :X

My girl is doing fine. She's sleeping now. :) I can't believe it, time flies. IN a week Kimiko will be a young lady ! Yeah, she's turning 7 months old in a week ! I watched her photos since the first one we took and the latest one. She's changed a lot, size and face. She's such a pretty girl now. I still see the cuteness in her face :) Just like when she was a baby. :) We've planned to make a Birthday party when she will be 1 year old :weee: I'm so excited, hehe.
[/align][align=left]

[/align]

Latest posts

Back