Kimiko's Wonderful World

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
juju793 :
lol, it's like you could read my mind. I've planned to make a Birthday cake for Kimi. :D Let's see what it will be. :) hehe.

OUCH is all I can say!

I'm really sorry about your finger, razors are sooo sharp, I've also taken blood baths before, haha
I remember once when I was little, I decided I wanted a bun and was cutting it myself, all was good until the bun started turning red and I had no idea why, then I looked and I had cut the very tip of my finger off, I FREAKED but it didn't hurt.

I hope your finger feels better soon :hugsquish:
I wish me and the buns could come visit for Kimiko's birthday party :pinkelepht:

Thank you, Brandy. It's better today, not so hurt. It wasn't so hurt at the beginning, then when I saw myself bleeding,suddenly I felt weak, really :D Funny how the sight effects on things for me. If I didn't see, I wouldn't feel hurt, I think,hahaha. Were you coloring the bun with your red ? Ouch to your story too ! We both have clumsiness moments. :) I wish you would be here on Kimi's Birthday too,it's April though, but I've planned it since now,lol.
Hugs ! :hug2:

Vircia ..be careful!! geez whos gonna feed our Kimi pellets one by one if ur cutting ur fingers off...??.i hope it heals up quick my friend..:)
i cut the tip of my finger off with a razorblade before...yep it was in my doorhandle of my truck and when i shut the truck door it sliced the whole tip of my finger off...i mean it was square on top...i had to go to the dr, and get a dang tetnise (spell check anybody)shot...the tip of my finger is a solid scar now...i should know better i work with razorblades everyday now for 18 years ..i use them doing my graphics on vehicles...i get cut all the time but not like that cut....but the worst is thru the nail....eek...im shuddering now thinkin about it Virc...
if we cant be their for the big birthday celebration then we better get some good pics!!!..

:) hehe. Don't worry, nothing can keep me from pleasing my girl, lol. It heals well, not it's not hurt anymore, just only when it's touched. Ouch ! Lisa ! I barely can sit still. My fingers hurt when I read your story. I think I did see one of your work. I was watching clips on Youtube, and I found yours ! ( I think... ) Anyway, it can't be that coincidence,on the clips I watched were Redrum, Flashie, Angel and Bambam. I was like... " :shock: wo ! wo ! Wait a minute ! I know this guys :shock: Lisa ? ". :) hehe. So I guess those are your clips,right ? I also saw a car which has cool graphics on its body, awesome ! Wow ! Lisa, you're an artist. :)
:) hehe, I will take photos for you on Kimi's Birthday. Wait, what're we talking about ? it's 4 months from now :D lol.
Thank you so much, Lisa. You too, take care. :big kiss:

OUCH Lisa!!! Goodness, I guess at one point in time we all try to cut a few limbs off :laugh:

I'm glad your finger is starting to feel better, Vircia :hugsquish:

You detail cars, Lisa?? That's soooooo cool!!! Definately wanna see some pics ;)

Lis... :( I just went to check on Tristana's blog. I cried hard... I feel so awful and so sorry for her. I hope she's doing okay. I hope she will handle it well...someday. I'm sitting here, disbelief what I just read. :cry4: Don't mad at me to say this. I hate time. Time is too short, for me. It's always too short...

i know my heart hurts pretty good right now...i just hugged all my buns...they are so fragile ,,u just never know when its their time...other animals u can atleast see start to deteriorate when they are ill..but not bunnies...we have no time to either alter their diet or give them proper medical care sometimes...im not sure how i would handle one of my buns having a seizure......geez.

hug.gif

It just yesterday, I had nothing to do. I ran through Youtube again, hoping to find something "cheerful" to watch, and I found clips from Elephant Sanctuary Tennessee. Gosh ! I fell in love with those people right the way. The way they take care those magnificent fellows is terrific. Then I saw some of their clips, they were memorial clips for their elephants who passed away. :tears2: Their clips were so touchy. They brought tears, they were so beautiful. I just hug my girl too. I keep whispering to her, " Please, be with me for forever, don't leave me too quick. I just can't lose you ". Every time I did that, she would lick my hand, gave me nose rubs. It's just so.... I don't know what to say. She's a part of me, part of this family. I can't bear it if one day she won't be with me any more. I guess, I will never be ready for this, for saying good bye...
Oh, yesterday was our 2nd anniversary :) we celebrated it just before midnight ( long story ) and, yes, Kimiko celebrating with us too ! Hubby and Kimi are my world. I love them with all my heart. Be right back, I need one more hug from Kimi. :sad:

[align=center]:carrot Something wrong ? :carrot
[/align] [align=left]
:sigh:... okay, I thought I didn't have to post about this, but today is just like yesterday. Normally Kimiko loves greens and in the past she would eat it with enthusiasm, but it happened yesterday. I gave her spinach, she refused to eat it. So I changed to brussels sprouts and she didn't want to eat it either. I had to urged her couple times, then she took some ( very small amount). So Today I decided to go to grocery for other kinds of greens, I thought she might has no taste for those two. I got radish tops , one of her favourite. Guess what ? She didn't eat it too ! :sigh: Okay, now I'm little worried. Is there something wrong with her ? She eats hay and pellets. Also she drinks and defecates normally, it seemed she doesn't have taste for greens, or... I don't know. Could it be teeth problem ? No, as I read she won't eat hay if she has teeth problem,right ? So what can this be ? I will continue observing her. I hope it's nothing. I hope it just a season of " I-prefer-pellets " now. :sigh:

[/align]

Hi Vircia, sorry I haven't said anything of late, but I have been following your blog.:D I have really enjoyed seeing all of the nice pics you've posted of Kimi. I am so glad things went well with her spay recovery.

I see that you posted she isn't eating her greens as well as she did a few days ago. I would really watch her, it could still be a dental issue. Some bunnies might choose the strangest things not to eat even though they are softer foods. It is good she is still eating hay because that is the most important part of her diet. Does she have any apple tree branches or other sticks to nibble on?

I know it would be horrible to have Kimi undergo another procedure so soon after her spay, but if she continues to be fussy about eating greens, you might want to have the vet check her teeth to be on the safe side.

:pray:

myheart

maybe she heard us talking about (sshhhhh in a whisper voice...) carrot cake, and is holding out for some! I'm sure she'll be fine cuz she has a GREAT bunny mom looking after her!

hi Virc....has she switched over to being a pellet hoard again?..those greens that u posted are not any of my buns fav ...they will eat them but only after the veggies sit in there cage for awhile..and when they do eat brussel sprouts OR spinach its only a tiny bit..cant u get Romaine lettuce there..or green or red lettuce..?(not the round head kind)..that and parsley or cilantro are all veggies that they love and norm dont have probs with..ur feeding veggies that most people only feed a tiny bit of mixed into the other veggies.....its not that ur doing anything wrong with what uve been feeding her . i just think other veggies should be the BULK of their salad..

so how much pellets is she eating?..are u free feeding her pellets again?..hehe Virc???
u just gotta find a happy medium with the veggie,pellet,hay intake..

back off on the pellets and see what happens..just give her 1/4 cup a day...she shud start chowing on those greens...
brussel sprouts are gassy too...be careful ull have Kimi tooting over there...hehe:)

myheart :
Thank you for visiting our blog. Kimiko recovered quickly because of you guys, thank you again :) Well, I will keep an eye on her. Today everything seems normal. She ate her pellets in the morning and kept munching on hay. She has some apple twigs I gave her long time ago. She doesn't chew on it any more, I guess it's old and not freshy taste for her. I should get her new one. She also has some cardboard boxes which I made into many shapes for her, she still chews on them. I tried checking on her teeth myself. As I could see, when she yawned or when I petted her, the front teeth look fine. I hope we don't have to take her to the vet, due to moving home is a forthcoming event which I don't want to do anything to stress her before going to new home. :sigh: Let's see for couple days. Thanks for your advice, Janet.

jujub793 :
Hehe, :) maybe she did hear us. :headsmack :running bunny Kimiko's a supervisor of this house. Everything has to be check by her ! Gah ! Then how can I make a surprise for her Birthday ???? Shhhh ! Gah ! She heard it again ! :D lol. Thank you, Julie. I'm trying to be good momma ;)

Lisa :
Yep :bunnysuit: Our girl is deeply in love with pellets again. Those greens I gave her are her favourite, Lisa. She doesn't like romaine lettuce at all. I gave her couple times and she just only nibble on a piece, lol, I guess my girl is different than others. The reason I didn't give her parsley because she just ate it last week,so I wanted to switch to another type. Today I will give her parsley, it's her favourite too, let's see if she will eat it.
:) hehe, you're not gonna believe me if I say this. I don't free feeding her pellets any more. I've been weaning it down to 1/2 cup then lately a bit more than 1/4 cup. She doesn't gobble pellets all at once, but through the whole day. I give her veggies at supper time, it just made me worried because normally she would ran like crazy to me for her greens, and now a day she does wait for it but,somehow, I've noticed that she ate it not with pleasure like before.
Thank you for checking on us, Lisa. I'll see if I should take her to the vet, just in case. Although I have to go out this evening, there's a Farewell party at hubby's work. I'm the chef of the day :cooking: I just hope she only wants to change taste. Oh you know what ? Maybe it's about this. When I feed my little angel with hand, she likes to eat some pellets then hay, then pellets, then hay. You know... like we do ! :) hehe. She's a real princess :bow If I give her the right one she wants, she will eat it with a oinky sounds or sometimes even comes to me and nose rubbing me ! :pet:" Good...momma ! ", but if I give her wrong, she will just hop her back on me :sad: " You're dismissed, mommy".

Bunny parents wrote:
myheart :
Thank you for visiting our blog. Kimiko recovered quickly because of you guys, thank you again :) Well, I will keep an eye on her. Today everything seems normal. She ate her pellets in the morning and kept munching on hay. She has some apple twigs I gave her long time ago. She doesn't chew on it any more, I guess it's old and not freshy taste for her. I should get her new one. She also has some cardboard boxes which I made into many shapes for her, she still chews on them. I tried checking on her teeth myself. As I could see, when she yawned or when I petted her, the front teeth look fine. I hope we don't have to take her to the vet, due to moving home is a forthcoming event which I don't want to do anything to stress her before going to new home. :sigh: Let's see for couple days. Thanks for your advice, Janet.

The front teeth are usually okay on many rabbits. It's the back teeth that could become a concern because they can grow points that don't always go straight up in a normal tooth-growth pattern. My Patrick had molar spurs so horribly bad once, that I almost lost him without knowing why until we were able to get to a rabbit-savvy vet. Molar spurs are points on the back teeth that grow anywhere on the tooth other than up. Patrick's molar spurs were growing to the outside of his teeth so they were cutting up the inside of his cheeks so badly that he stopped eating from the pain.

I don't want to give you something else to worry about, but if you notice anything with her not eating, make sure you take note and have the vet look at Kimi's teeth at her next appointment. She could just be fussing, or maybe it could be the start of dental issues.

myheart

Yesterday Kimi ate normally. She ate hay pellets and veggies too. I gave her parsley and she munched it all up ! I think she was fussy and had no tastes for those greens,maybe, my little princess :D but I will continue observing her eating activity. As soon as we'll be in new place, I'll search for a bunny savy vet there. I'll post about this again. Thank you so much, Janet. :) From today till The day we'll move ( next Tuesday) I'll be at home with her at all time, okay except an hour or two for shopping for her greens and parents' food :) hehe. I'll make sure she's in the best condition before moving time and I'll also spend more time with her at new place, make sure she won't be stressed from new environment.

:bunnyhug: So glad Kimi was only being a fuss about her snacks. Nothing like giving momma a little extra worry before all of the new changes coming up. Maybe she was picking up on some stress vibes from you concerning the move...(?) Sometimes it's difficult to not let stress or worry affect the fur-kids.

I hope everything goes smoothly for your move. It must be exciting for you to move to a bigger/nicer place. I think you said that Kimi will have her own room, right? Lucky little girl...!!!

myheart

Vircia, when I first looked about Kimiko not eating normally, my stomach sunk. I hope she continues to eat and be well. What a worry bunnies can be. I had no idea before all of this how much worry there was and yet they are so worth it.
Many many hugs xo

Latest posts

Back