Kimiko's Wonderful World

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nela :
Thank you so much. Yep, Kimiko is redecorating our new place with her own style, lol. Her cage finished on Sunday night and she started sleeping there since then. :sigh: I hope she will get back to herself very soon too. Actually this year we're going to spend holidays with my husband's family. So we have no better choices and we do want to take Kimiko with us, due to we will stay there for a week. I hope this won't cause her frustrating. How about your holidays ? :) How are you ? I'm sorry we didn't talk much lately. I cannot even leave her alone for 5 minutes. Soon she sees I'm out of her sight, she begins peeing and pooping, mostly in our living room where the carpet is. Wish me luck, Nela. We really need one :D lol Take care. :hug1

Kelzbunz :
Thank you for visiting our blog. :) I love her colors too. I fell in love with her right away when I first saw her. And now she's a little princess in our house :D hehehe. The bunny on your avatar is gorgeous !

[align=center]In need of some advices :tears2:
[/align][align=left] Dear all friends,
[/align][align=left]
I'm at a dead end here, don't know what to do. As you all might already knew that my lovely girl, Kimiko, is having territorial problem in our new apartment. Her old cage finished on Sunday night and we let her sleep there since that night. We waited for hours before she stepped into the cage by herself. I didn't want to urge her or force her to go in there. I was afraid that it would sense a bad sign for her. Anyway she did get in there around 2.30 AM.
The next day I let her out in the morning. She had morning activities like usual ( breakfast, one home made cookie, grooming time ), then with a surprise she went to sleep in her cage through whole afternoon. However, she still continues pooping and peeing in our living room, barely in her litter box inside of her cage. I prepared one litter box for her at a corridor between our kitchen and living room ( with a thought that she might be lazy to go back to her room and maybe she prefers to stay with us ). She still didn't use it yet, but did eat some hay in it. I thought today will be better but no... :( Any advices ? What else should I do ? Or did I do something wrong ? Pls if you guys can give some advices , that'd be great. Hubby and I are so worried about her. Plus, we're going to spend a week during holidays at his parents' and we will take Kimiko with us. I really don't want to leave her at home alone with a bunny sitter. What do you guys think about this ? Gosh, we miss our sweet Kimi. Besides pooping and peeing everywhere she seems normal to me, still binkies, still plays her toys. Oh she eats a bit less than before. I mean, for me it seems that she's too lazy or doesn't want to go back to her room to eat... yeah really... so I decided to put another litter box near by living room with some hay. Yes, I'm scared she will starve herself.. I know.. silly,right ? :baghead Now it's midnight and hubby took Kimi to bed already. I hope she won't hate her cage which she used to love being in there so much in the past. If so, We really don't know what to do. We're not ready to find another bunny to keep her company and believe me I feel so sorry about this. We both spend most of the day , when we don't have to go out, being with her. I do things like I used to do at old place ( even feeding her with hands ). She seems to be more relaxed every day, flopped in the living room, even in the kitchen while I'm cooking which never happened before in Warsaw. :( I'm so frustrated , don't know what to do to help her. Seeing her like this makes me feel sad. Now I start to feel less excited about X' Mas... what if taking her there and thing will get worse when we'll come back home. :(:(:(:(:(

Thank you so much for your patience. It's a longgg boring post, but I really need a comfort from my lovely friends here.

:sad:
[/align]

she will be fine, not everybunny adjusts quickly to change. some take a little longer than others. you should just keep to your regular schedule and soon she will be back to normal. she has had a lot of things going on, traveling to her new home, a new unknown place, everything is different to her. She will be her sweet little kimi, you'll see.:nod

I kind of agree with Julie, but I wonder if maybe putting her cage in the living room to start would be better for Kimi. If she is used to seeing you or your husband at all hours because of her past living arrangements, maybe she misses seeing you or being the center of attention.

Just a thought... Set hercage up in a central location where she could see everything. Then, week by week, inch it closer to her new bedroom/bunny-room to get her used to the idea of being alone during parts of the day. It could be worth a try, especially if it helps with the marking. Who knows, maybe Kimi wants her house out, with a pan, so you could see her go potty in it(?).

myheart

there is NOTHING unusual about this Virc...nothing..shes fine let her get used to everything..her going potty outside the box has NOTHING to do with being lazy..its to let every other animal who steps into this house know that this is HERS..shes staking claim on it..let her do it....this is what they do Virc...its ok..i know its frustrating to clean up but she will get her litter box habits back///u also need to realize that any other animal that has lived there before she smells...i dont care how much anybody has cleaned ...she smells them...so u have no idea what shes sensing all the time..if she smells a dog she has no idea if that dog is goin to appear all of a sudden...shes doin what shes suppose to do....just give her all the love i KNOW u already do and shell realize soon enough that there are NO other animals here anymore and this is good ol home now...relax woman!:)

and about her eating less this is what happens when they are stressed...theres nothing u can do about this stress ,its how their built , just do ur normal routine and shell start to relax again...shes a strong healthy girl and with these kind of changes, any strong healthy animal will adapt just fine...now breathe...hehe

Ok Flash Gordon is gonna get tired of me always posting after her buuuuuuuuuut she's right again :pKimi is marking her territory. She's making the home hers again. It's normal behaviour. I guess you'll have to wait until she is satisfied that she has gotten all the area covered.

Have you thought of getting her a run? I mean I know you don't like to restrict her but maybe for now, while you are still so busy with settling in, maybe you can get her a nice playpen (I bought two for 12$ and connected them together to make a nice large one)so she can run around but it will keep her in one area so you don't have to follow her with a mop? It could be a temporary help to you.

Usually for litter training we say to restrict their areas and slowly expand until they use their litterbox everywhere. I guess this wouldn't apply right now thoughbecause she's not using the house as her box, she's intentionally marking it.

As for her eating, again like Flash said, she's probably feeling the stress. It's all too possible that she DOES smell another animal and until she's marked everything as hers and realizes that nothing reclaimed the territory she will be a bit stressed. It's just a bunny's way of settling in :)Not so fun for the bunny slave though... :vacuum: I'd have been threatening mine to put a cork up their butt :p Lol.

Hugs to you! Try and rest when you can. :rose:

Thank you so much everyone. Again that I'm being so silly on a small problem. Lisa, FYI, the apartment owner has a dog and that dog lived here before. So Kimi smells his scent. Why I didn't think about it before ? And I thought she hates this house :D lol. Well, today I let her out, continued our routine as we used to do together. I'll let you know how she's doing, but for now she's okay. Now she's sleeping in her cage. We're going to Castorama where we expect to buy playpen from there. My husband and I try to be with her as much as we can. When she's in her room, we from time to time go seeing her and play with her there.
... ok one more question about holidays ? Will it still be a good idea to go spending holidays at parents' ? We will take her with us. What do you guys think ? :( Sorry for being annoying momma and also thank you guys so much for helping me :) I really appreciate it.

[align=center]Goodbye, my friend... a thousand times goodbye
[/align] [align=left] Just this morning when I woke up and found a sms from my mom. She sent me sms with some lines I didn't recognise and didn't understand...then a second sms arrived with a short sentence saying that our dog passed away this morning ( around 10 - 11 AM )
Sontaya ( In thai it means a night ) was a best dog I ever known. She's a through brave dog. We never know what she's been through before we found her. The day my mom took her into our house, she was so frightened and soaked with water. It was a rainy night. I still remember how she was that time, so thin and so fragile. With all the love my mom gave to her, she quickly recovered and became the best dog we ever had. She was more than a pet to us.. she's a friend.. a sister.. and most of all a daughter of my mom. With her tenderness and her cheerful and pure spirit , she had cured many of our pains. She was always there when we need some comforts. She always knew how we felt and what we thought. I remember once I was cleaning our garage and it was so slippery. I fell onto the floor so hard that I couldn't get up. She dragged me toward the front door, trying to help me. She knew that my mom loves her orchards garden, so she protected it as it's her precious one. She never bit anyone, never did anything to cause us troubles. Gosh I miss you so much... I'm so sorry that I wasn't there when you were sick. I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you when you were hurt. When I heard from mom that you like to lay down next to my old car waiting until someone opens the door, so she could jump in there and bring down my favourite teddy bear I've left in it...I know I miss you too. I miss you so much..till it's hurt now. The fact that you were always there for me whenever I needed you, but I couldn't even be there for you to tell you how much I love you... and now it's too late.
Mom asked me to say goodbye to you...I think you know me... Saying goodbye is the only thing I never want to do. I'm scared... that if I say so, you will be gone for forever and I will never feel you again. Will I ever get a chance to see you again ? Will you remember me when we will meet again up there ? And can I hug you when we will meet ? This is so hard but I don't know what else I can do...except telling you that I love you so much and I'm so thankful for having you in our family. You're a part of us and you'll always be. Thank you for completing our lives.... wherever you are now... I hope you can feel or hear me. I'll always love you.
This is the poem mom texted to me. I know how heart broken she is right now that she couldn't even say. For me... I feel so bad that I wasn't there when she was passing. It's a gloomy day today... just like my feeling inside now. But up there... I'm sure it's a beautiful place with a clear blue sky, waiting for you. Sleep well, my angel:hearts
[/align][align=center] High up in the courts of heaven today a little dog angel waits;
With the other angels she will not play, but she sits alone at the gates.
"For I know my master will come, says she, "and when she comes she will call for me"
The other angels pass her by as they hurry toward the throne,
and she watches them with a wistful eye as she sits at the gates alone,
"But I know if I just wait patiently that someday my master will call for me"
And her master, down on earth below, as she sits in her easy chair,
Forgets sometimes, as whispers low to the dog who is not there,
and the little dog angel cocks her ears and dreams that her master's voice she hears,
And when at last her master waits outside in the dark and cold,
for the hand of death to open the door that leads to those courts of gold,
she will hear a sound through the gathering dark,
A little dog angel's bark.
[/align][align=left]
Good bye, Sontaya. I love you :rainbow:
[/align]

I am so in tears right now... What lovely memories you have of Sontaya. It sounds like the right thing for her to have chosen your family to heal her from her harsh life. Your mom is a very caring person, such a treasure she is. Please express our sympathies to her from RO. I'm sure she knows many forum members already as bunny-friends of yours.

Run Free at The Bridge Sontaya. :rainbow:I'm sure you will be the best little angel-pup waiting for you mom.

myheart

rip.jpg

oh Virc i havent been online for a couple days im so so sorry about sontaya !.i cried when i read ur post.....please dont be hard on urself about saying goodbye...u guys gave her the best life ever....who knows what wuda happened to her if u guys didnt take her in and care and love her til the end....
hugs from me to you my friend....and for ur mom too...cuz i know she prob needs one right now...

RIP little Sontaya

Thank you, guys. I told mom and she said thank you as well. She's doing okay...well, that what she told me. I'm so worried about her. She's gonna miss Son more than anyone. They had a very strong bond together. It's like mom's daily routines all have to do with her dog. She loves this dog very very much. My mom is the strongest and bravest woman I ever known, but she cried so much this time. :( Hope she will be okay soon.
Thank you again to Tristana, Janet and Lisa :hug2: You guys are with me all the time for both good and bad time. Thank you so much. I'm better today. The idea that we will never meet again makes me feel sad, but in another hand, there's something to look forward to... I know you know, Lis :) The day we all will reunite again. :)

I'm so sorry that I didn't see this earlie, Vircia :hug:

Your tribute to her was beautiful, I am sitting here in tears. You can feel your love for her when you read your words. What a special dog Sontaya was :heartbeat: She will always be looking over you and your Mom now. :angel:

Brandy, thank you so much. I miss her everyday. My mom is doing okay, but when we talked, I could see that she's still in lots of pain from losing her dog. She kept telling me that she feels so lonely. Every day waking up without a sight of her dog. :( However, my mom keeps every thing at the same place, her lounger, her toys. She said in case Son wants to take a vacation from heaven to visit her. :)

[align=center]:bunnybutt: Kimi in our new Home Sweet Home :bunnybutt:
[/align] [align=left] :) It's been so long since the last time I posted some pics of Kimiko. About 2 weeks in the new place. So far things go very well here and we do love it here. I guess we have luck. Our neighbourhood is very nice, we have everything here, so no need to go anywhere. First week went tough with Kimi, as I mentioned before. Now she's doing better...or I can say she's doing great. No more poops and pee outside, only in her litter boxes. She runs and plays around the apartment and she prefers to sleep in her cage during afternoon. Most of the time, except afternoon, she loves to stay in the living room with us. I think that she gets used to be around us all the time. No complaining here :) I love how she loves to be around us, hehehe.
The pics are quite blur. I took them with cell. It was a quick shooting.
[/align][align=center]
13122010099.jpg

13122010098.jpg

13122010100.jpg

[/align][align=left]
We're going to my husband's hometown tomorrow and will stay there for holidays. I hope there I will be able to log on here, we will see. :) We'll take camera with us, hopefully we will get some nice pics of Kimi in the snow !

Thank you for visiting our blog
Have a nice day, everyone !
[/align][align=left]

[/align]

Awe...poor Kimi!!! What did momma do to you?!! She turned you into a Kimi-saurus with all of those cups on you!! I hope you demand a few more treats for putting up with mommy's silliness... ;)

myheart

btw... real cute pics of our little Kimi :p

LOL poor lil Kimi :pHere she is, being all nice to you and not peeing and pooping on your things and you stick cups on her. Shame on you woman! Hehehe just teasing. I am glad to hear that she has settled in. You sound much happier and less stressed as well. Are you taking Kimi with you finally?

Latest posts

Back