Justice for Jack the bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I covered my name for "just in case" purposes, but the screenshots are otherwise unedited. (Also meaning not resized, and as a consequence, possibly giant... Sorry!)
17408_152353_490000000.jpg

17408_152356_190000000.jpg

17408_152356_580000000.jpg

17408_152355_490000000.jpg

17408_152358_090000000.jpg

17408_152359_010000000.jpg

17408_152359_420000000.jpg

17408_160001_020000000.jpg

17408_160001_310000000.jpg

I seem to be missing some parts of the blog... Sorry. :( I got the important parts though, right?

WOW I can't believe this lady..I hope she gets in trouble. Ashtin, it looks like you got that whole blog post besides maybe a sentence that doesn't even matter. Good job :) I read it earlier before she deleted it and was fuming. That poor little rabbit!!

And I bet she just made up that whole Jack finding his way back to her porch deal to make herself look better. I doubt the poor thing knew where to go :(

The original blog post is back up now; and it doesn't *seem* to be changed. I wonder why it was down? I've saved it as a pdf and a webpage anyway, just in case.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
So for all of you who have been following my thread on Jake and wrote that awful cruel women letters demanding that she see the error of her ways I have an update for you..
I got an email from "Rabbit advocates" a rescue group in Portland Oregon were this crazy women lives. Here is there website. http://www.adoptarabbit.org/

I sent them an email with a link to the horrible blog and here is there response.

"
Katie,We are appalled by this and will work on it along with everything else we do. She has broken the animal abandonment law and with pictures and documentation we can prove it.It is very unusual to have this information as we hardly everknow the circumstances of rabbit abandonment, only know the results. More later. Mary H/Rabbit Advocate Vice President"
Hopefully the rescue group was able to get that documentation before she shut it down.

oh, just wondering... did anyone tell her they were associated with RO? I was wondering if she has found us and is looking over our threads. If so, then she'd know about possible legal action against her. Not that it matters... just wondering.

From the comments on her blog, it sounds like somebody threatened the site owner to take the post down:

"I will step in here and say that I was most specifically threatened if I did not remove Shellie's post from 8 Women Dream and Ms. B L of Ohio warned me that she was going to send everyone after us.

I did not take the threats lightly, because it was cyberbullying Ironically, Ohio just past legislation regarding these types of emails and online threats.

I contacted the Columbus police department and my local police department as a statement that I will not put up with bullying behavior of any kind. If we cannot come together as adults and discuss our differences in a respectful manner, how will be ever expect to end bullying in the schools?

And here's the kicker... if Ms B L and the group who decided to email me had sent a nice note, I would have opened up the comments on that post for a discussion.

Finally, as a leader of a non-profit organization, Ms B L should have handled the situation with the dignity and maturity her position calls for.

I think the group would have found a loving advocate in Shellie and a website (8WD) who would have welcomed the opportunity to share their cause - images etc with all of our readership, but instead I blocked everyone and stood with Shellie.

Such a shame.

I wish everyone involved with this a lovely, dream-filled life.

Catherine
8 Women Dream"

http://www.shelliesconsumption.com/2012/11/living-my-american-dream-got-me-hate.html#comment-form

:clapping:
I am so glad that AdoptaRabbit is able to work on this. Bravo!!!

Reading the original story again is painful. It's just wrenching to see what must have been a terrifying moment for Jack celebrated and publicized. The woman is so invested in telling the world that she's "living a dream". The contrast between that and the pain she's causing is heartbreaking.

I also feel sorry for the daughter. The mother is the one ultimately responsible for the rabbit's care. Although the daughter isn't mature enough to care for the rabbit, she seems to love him. Imagine how she's going to feel when she grows up and reads about what happens to domestic rabbits that are released into the wild.

Well I am thankful for the adoption agency taking a stand in this! And with all the proof it should be a easier case then most other cases.
I don't believe anyone on her would threaten her.

:nerves1
Rachel--I know. Really? I do hope no one actually threatened her or her family--and I can't imagine that they did. But shooting a gun??? Is she saying "leave me alone, I have a gun"?

I still think this woman is disturbed. There is just something bizarre about her blog and the way she responds to things. I haven't been able to leave her a post because every time I try, I get too angry and I know that's going to make things worse. I also think she may be enjoying the negative attention. I'm just hoping that AdoptaRabbit or local police will be able to take some action.

Seriously, she is taking it too far and I feel like she is doing all of this for attention. None of us know where she lives. its not like we are going to all show up at her house. Its just ridiculous. She just wants/needs the attention and affirmation from her "friends". Living the American Dream my tail. I dont see a white picket fence lol

What on Earth is this lady doing that you guys don't like???

:laugh:

Good question. She really has managed to push our buttons! You can get the whole story by reading an earlier thread--can't remember the name--in the Forum. There's a flame beside it.

Basically, she released a pet rabbit into the wild and used it as a lesson to teach her daughter about responsibility and freedom. Then she wrote about it in a blog that made it sound like it was a wonderful thing for the rabbit. "Born Free" kind of thing. After that rabbit disappeared, she got another rabbit that she leaves outside with no protection from predators. Now she's thinking about getting another rabbit to do the same thing with. (Do I have that right, everyone?)

yep, thats pretty much it in a nutshell...i just dont understand how she can sit there and say that Jack got taken by a hawk, but its still ok for me to do this to other rabbits...theres seriously something wrong with her.

Ah, now I see.
That is really stupid, escaped rabbits can come back, but even then, they are at great risk of being eaten. They should of made him a large pen and not just let him free like that. It didn't even look like they wanted him to return, since they dumped him out in an area that I am sure foxes come by for those wild rabbits...
Even chickens need to be in an enclosed area, or at the very least, a protected area.

Quoted the ill advised actions below.
"Last night my little gal got up out of bed, came to my husband and me with tear stained cheeks and said she would like to have Jack be happy and free to come and go like the chickens and the cats.

She further said, “I read that if I really love something and I set it free, it will come back.” I added, “It just might, my little love.” I held her tight, kissed her face a dozen or so times, with words of praise to her for having such a good heart.

Today we took Jack, the Timothy hay, and our high spirits out front and down the path to our seasonal creek which is a spot where we have seen other wild rabbits and cute critters many times.

We opened the cage door. Jack hesitated.

Our rabbit hopped out, then back in to its cage. Then one big leap and into the blackberry thicket like a brilliant white light on this frosty foggy day.

We stayed and stroked Jack for a while, then loaded the cage into the wheel barrow and headed with full, full hearts up the path to our home. We looked back a few times and remarked at how great it was to see Jack the rabbit hopping freely in the green grass and already starting to claw at the soil instead of the stainless steel cage that will never, we vowed, house any living thing again.

I have Faith that we will see Jack when we are out hiking by the creek, in the vineyard. I Hope my daughter’s heart feels good about doing the right thing by this darling creature, and I know we all learned many lessons this day…and to finish the quote, “if it doesn’t return to you it never really was yours to begin with.”

secuono, Jackie did come back; and she was rubbing that around saying something along the lines of haha, what these crazies don't know is Jackie came back, haha, I did nothing wrong(not a literal quote) and then calmly went on to say Jackie lived free ranging until she disappeared, she thinks to a hawk.
She's also lost other animals to predators, yet has done nothing to protect them.

Latest posts

Back