Justice for Jack the bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So for all of you who have been following my thread on Jake and wrote that awful cruel women letters demanding that she see the error of her ways I have an update for you..
I got an email from "Rabbit advocates" a rescue group in Portland Oregon were this crazy women lives. Here is there website. http://www.adoptarabbit.org/

I sent them an email with a link to the horrible blog and here is there response.

"
Katie,We are appalled by this and will work on it along with everything else we do. She has broken the animal abandonment law and with pictures and documentation we can prove it.It is very unusual to have this information as we hardly everknow the circumstances of rabbit abandonment, only know the results. More later. Mary H/Rabbit Advocate Vice President"

This is a step in the right direction for Jake the bunny.
Please feel free to email the rescue group at [email protected]
and let them know that you want to see justice for Jake!

The whole thing was on my mind and it brings a little positivity to the issue with the rabbit rescue group behind it.

I believe a big round of applause for Katie and Rabbit Advocates is in order!

She's on Facebook, talking about the threats being made against her. She really seems to think she is the victim in all this!

She just posted 30 seconds ago she is contacting the police. Wonder what she thinks they will do? As far as I know, there have been no physical threats and she did something illegal. What does she think is going to happen?

Kipcha wrote:
She just posted 30 seconds ago she is contacting the police. Wonder what she thinks they will do? As far as I know, there have been no physical threats and she did something illegal. What does she think is going to happen?

Utter disbelief:?

Wow, thank you Katie and Rabbit Advocates for helping so much with this!! I really hope other rabbits are spared because of your intervention.

Calling the police? What does she think they will do? Unless someone sent her something with a threat to physically harm her, her family, or her property, no one from our side has done anything wrong. All we've done is try to educate her.

Just another thought:

If you choose to respond to any of her blogs or Facebook posts, I would encourage you to make sure whatever you send is highly civil and as respectful as possible. You don't want to give her any fodder that will make our side look irrational. I know that's hard, especially when we know this is wrong and are fearing for the lives of other rabbits. But think of it from her side. If you think you're right and you're getting told otherwise by someone who's clearly enraged or seems like they've gone off the deep end, you're going to be defensive. And you're probably not going to listen.

Really, in the end, we just want the rabbit(s) to be safe and well looked after. Being courteous will (hopefully) help us reach that goal.

Agreed 100% Meredith. The message I sent her through Facebook was civil, although I did get the point across that what she was doing was not alright. As long as no one has made real threats, I don't see how anything can be seen as irrational.

I agree! Nobody should make threats towards her and her family. That just makes our side look nutty and she is the one in the wrong. She is the one that broke the law and we need to remember that and stand up for what is right but in a peaceful manner..

mdith4him wrote:
Just another thought:

If you choose to respond to any of her blogs or Facebook posts, I would encourage you to make sure whatever you send is highly civil and as respectful as possible. You don't want to give her any fodder that will make our side look irrational. I know that's hard, especially when we know this is wrong and are fearing for the lives of other rabbits. But think of it from her side. If you think you're right and you're getting told otherwise by someone who's clearly enraged or seems like they've gone off the deep end, you're going to be defensive. And you're probably not going to listen.

Really, in the end, we just want the rabbit(s) to be safe and well looked after. Being courteous will (hopefully) help us reach that goal.

Could not agree more Meredith. Well said. Now I find myself worrying abput her reaction PLUS the welfare of the bunnies......:confused2:

Literally dancing right now! By the way, don't shove it in her face that she did something illegal. We don't want her to delete the "evidence" because it's better proof when it is live (online).

Great job rabbit people, I'm proud to be one as always.

Oh and one minor detail---the rabbit's name was Jack ;)

I just sent this to Red Barn Rescue as well, you'll remember them as the ones that fought on the Animal Scramble. They are located in Oregon as well.

Any news from Rabbit Advocates or anyone else?

She sounds just like that blanking, blanketty blank in Ohio that drowned the two rabbits at Petland and posed with them for Facebook pictures. The horses patootie DA let her get out of appearing in court because she'd been threatened! REALLY!! I miss the days of public flogging, (nostalgic sigh). :X:tantrum::soapbox:banghead:rant:

Well, that's interesting; the 8 womans dream blog has been temporarily suspended. Ashtin, can you post those screenshots here?

She can't seem to get it through her thick skull that she dumped Jack. I posted another response on her blog to another commenter. I'm just doing that so when future readers fall upon this, they can see that it was wrong--ill intended or not.

This is my post:
"I definitely agree with this. What happened is not the same as leaving cats or hens out; rabbits need some sort of shelter to protect them from predators. They are not like cats in that sense, and comparing them to hens is wrong too. They are domesticated, so they are pets. Thanks for your response. I hope future readers will learn more about rabbits from this whole thing. I would also like to note that we (a forum of rabbit lovers) aren't upset because this rabbit was left outside. There are plenty of responsible rabbit owners who keep their rabbits outside in appropriate hutches to protect them from the elements and predators. It's that he was dumped and whether (s)he came back or not is irrelevant. Anyway, I hope this will be a learning experience for everybody involved.
Best,
Kari"

This was her response (by the way, that poster that I responded to pointed out that her wrongdoing was illegal):

"Geeze Louise...I DID NOT DUMP JACK LAPIN!!!! I live here, WITH the hens, cats, my family, AND yes, wild things! RIGHT HERE, where the post took/takes place, where I live and love...NOT illegal!

The creek/treehouse/vineyards/berries/cherries/home/garden...ONE PLACE all of it, also, cage free!!!"

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT WAS ON YOUR OWN LAND, LADY!!! You dumped him. You left him/her. You left them to fend for themselves. I was already mad about the situation. She's acting like we are the immature ones (you should read her facebook page, and how she refers to us at times) yet she still can't admit when she did something wrong. I admit when I first got Cheeto I did some things that weren't very safe for him. But I admitted it and learned from it and now it's over. Doesn't she realize that will happen to her? She is only prolonging the drama.

I'm not usually one to play into internet drama, but my god. I'm 20 years old and I understand the wrong doing here. Why can't she??

Back